Reload this Page >

Dealing with the change...

Dealing with the change...

Old Jun 22nd 2009, 1:36 pm
Just Joined

kelbel22 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Dealing with the change...

Hi Guys

Ive been in the UAE for nearly 3 months now (Abu Dhabi) and although I have no intention of leaving, ive been having those days where I miss England and everyone in it!

To the guys who have been here a long time... can you give a newbie any tips on dealing with the sudden change and new environment etc?

xx
Old Jun 22nd 2009, 1:46 pm
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Dealing with the change...

Originally Posted by kelbel22 View Post
Hi Guys

Ive been in the UAE for nearly 3 months now (Abu Dhabi) and although I have no intention of leaving, ive been having those days where I miss England and everyone in it!

To the guys who have been here a long time... can you give a newbie any tips on dealing with the sudden change and new environment etc?

xx
get out a bit more, do different stuff, try new places etc
Old Jun 22nd 2009, 2:41 pm
Forum Regular

Amnesia180 is just really niceAmnesia180 is just really niceAmnesia180 is just really niceAmnesia180 is just really niceAmnesia180 is just really niceAmnesia180 is just really niceAmnesia180 is just really niceAmnesia180 is just really niceAmnesia180 is just really nice

I have a friend who lived out in Abu Dhabi, and he said that it's "A wonderful place to be broke" - I.e: The sun is always shining, there are always friendly faces and whether it's window shopping or chilling on a beach... life is good.

So, you mention that you miss England, maybe it's just the company you miss? In which case - (as has been suggested) try getting out the villa/apartment a bit more, and start loving your current surroundings
Old Jun 22nd 2009, 2:50 pm
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Guys

xx
you need mates around you, simple as that - I play footy with about 15 english lads every weekend, it makes a big difference.
Old Jun 22nd 2009, 5:22 pm
Banned

eylesda is a name known to alleylesda is a name known to alleylesda is a name known to alleylesda is a name known to alleylesda is a name known to alleylesda is a name known to alleylesda is a name known to alleylesda is a name known to alleylesda is a name known to alleylesda is a name known to alleylesda is a name known to all

Ask the other ladies on the forum for an invite out, they all seem a nice bunch.

Come on girls, any offers?
Old Jun 22nd 2009, 5:26 pm
Just Joined

Thanks for the advice... I agree, friends make the difference. When im sitting by the pool and the sun is shining etc I really appreciate the fact im here. Ive met a few people and do get out but single girls like myself seem quite hard to come by - infact, I havent met any!

Any other singles please get in touch!! x

Last edited by kelbel22; Jun 22nd 2009 at 5:30 pm.
Old Jun 22nd 2009, 7:47 pm
banned

commander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond repute

So you sit by the pool all day??

Interesting....

Do you not work?

What are your hobbies?

Ps I'm scottish, we have a lot more 'get up and go' than our compadre's from the south.

If you are good looking and want a tour of abu dhabi, get a bike and ill take you for a ride...a long one
Old Jun 22nd 2009, 7:56 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Kim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by commander View Post
If you are good looking and want a tour of abu dhabi, get a bike and ill take you for a ride...a long one
Careful, she may be your wife checking your behaving yourself.
Old Jun 22nd 2009, 8:02 pm
banned

commander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond repute

She won't respond then as she is god damn ugly...

Isn't that right alexa...
Old Jun 23rd 2009, 4:21 am
Account Closed

Ethos83 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by commander View Post

Ps I'm scottish, we have a lot more 'get up and go' than our compadre's from the south.

Aye. Just like all those scots in council estates in Glasgow? The Gorbals? Or Wester Hailes and Granton in Edinburgh?

Let's not even forget places further up north. Inverness? Aberdeen?

Oh God, there's Dundee too. Thought I'd managed to forget my one day in Dundee...

Shiver me timbers....
Old Jun 23rd 2009, 5:21 am
Just Joined

I do work - in PR and events - pool is saved for the weekends!

My ex boyfriend came from Dundee - not the greatest place on earth!!
Old Jun 23rd 2009, 5:48 am
banned

I do work - in PR and events - pool is saved for the weekends!

My ex boyfriend came from Dundee - not the greatest place on earth!!
did he have a dodgy moustache and wear a shellsuit...a common dundeh thing..

did he ever say to you

'gize a pe wi a hole in it ey, ingins an'a'

I actually have a riverside apartment in Dundee that i rent out..it is imporving around the city centre (and believe me, im no fan of the place)
Old Jun 23rd 2009, 6:24 am
Just Joined

No but I did see pics of when he lived there and he had a really dodgy long ponytail.

He also had weird names for things like jobby.. enough said i think!
Old Jun 23rd 2009, 6:31 am
Account Closed

Emerald_Eyes is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Kelbel,

If you're a naturally sociable person you shouldn't find it difficult to make friends here. If you ever fancy a weekend in Dubai, give me a shout and I'd be happy to get together.

In AD, Chris79 and his girlfriend are usually up for a drink.

Good luck x
Old Jun 23rd 2009, 6:45 am
Forum Regular

Birdeez is a name known to allBirdeez is a name known to allBirdeez is a name known to allBirdeez is a name known to allBirdeez is a name known to allBirdeez is a name known to allBirdeez is a name known to allBirdeez is a name known to allBirdeez is a name known to allBirdeez is a name known to allBirdeez is a name known to all

Hi Guys

xx
Hi Kelbel, sounds like we're in similar boats. I've been out here 9 months now and also a single girl. There are quite a few single British girls that I've met actually.
I don't really miss the UK but I do miss my nearest and dearest family and friends. One thing that has really helped me in that respect is getting Skype up and running with a webcam as then it feels like you're talking in the same room (in a slightly pixelated way!).
I think getting settled here is one of those things that's difficult to quantify, also depends on your circumstances. Making good friends here will certainly help you I think.
Shout me if you need more, would be happy to meet up for a drink also.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.