Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Deaf lady is Qatar a mistake?

Deaf lady is Qatar a mistake?

Old Mar 7th 2013, 10:47 am

asher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Deaf lady is Qatar a mistake?

Originally Posted by Scamp
How long does it take to pack and get on a flight?

I believe visas/RPs can / are sorted in country.
ouch I was hoping it would be similar to India where red tape rules and a few months wait is usual

I am currently in the UK for family health reasons and need to go back to Oz to pack and arrange to sell cars etc last time my husband sold my motorbike without me present he left the chain, my waterproofs, GPS and breakdown tools on the bike

I prefer to be there to oversee stuff now
Old Mar 7th 2013, 10:50 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by asher
ouch I was hoping it would be similar to India where red tape rules and a few months wait is usual

I am currently in the UK for family health reasons and need to go back to Oz to pack and arrange to sell cars etc last time my husband sold my motorbike without me present he left the chain, my waterproofs, GPS and breakdown tools on the bike

I prefer to be there to oversee stuff now
Standard man behaviour.

I did the mrs a favour last night whilst she was out and did a huge pile of washing up. Smashed a plate and she insisted on re-doing the underside of each plate (I don't eat off the bottom so I don't clean it thoroughly).

Then she was mortified that for dinner I had microwave risotto (exploded in the microwave and burnt me) and chicken nuggets.

It was carnage. I wasn't quite with it because normally I'm well domesticated (read: trained).

Then the thing that tipped it was I put the pillow cases in with the normal white washing at 40degs. Apparently they are to be washed with towels at 60degs.

I literally couldn't have ****ed up more.

DO NOT TRUST US WITH ANYTHING.
Old Mar 7th 2013, 11:08 am
Shark Fisherman

britexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond repute

Standard man behaviour.

I did the mrs a favour last night whilst she was out and did a huge pile of washing up. Smashed a plate and she insisted on re-doing the underside of each plate (I don't eat off the bottom so I don't clean it thoroughly).

Then she was mortified that for dinner I had microwave risotto (exploded in the microwave and burnt me) and chicken nuggets.

It was carnage. I wasn't quite with it because normally I'm well domesticated (read: trained).

Then the thing that tipped it was I put the pillow cases in with the normal white washing at 40degs. Apparently they are to be washed with towels at 60degs.

I find if you do the job shit in the 1st place you never get asked again. Apparently I cannot even load a dishwasher right so she does all the cleaning. The perks of living with someone with OCD. (though she blankly refuses to Iron but goes mad if I leave 1 crease on shirt.)
Old Mar 7th 2013, 11:23 am

asher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond repute

Standard man behaviour.

Originally Posted by britexpat76
I find if you do the job shit in the 1st place you never get asked again. Apparently I cannot even load a dishwasher right so she does all the cleaning. The perks of living with someone with OCD. (though she blankly refuses to Iron but goes mad if I leave 1 crease on shirt.)
I have always thought that men make a hash job of it so they won't have to do it again! that or you just don't listen to instructions!

I find it really unfair that deaf people cannot use the normal spouse trick of tuning out their other half and replying non committally in the gaps
Old Mar 7th 2013, 11:47 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

I have always thought that men make a hash job of it so they won't have to do it again! that or you just don't listen to instructions!

I find it really unfair that deaf people cannot use the normal spouse trick of tuning out their other half and replying non committally in the gaps
Honestly, I'm actually really useful and try to do lots to help her at home.

I just had a stinker last night and she wasn't impressed but more of a feeling of pity for me.

As she's a teacher I normally have 3+ weeks in the summer where I fend for myself. It's carnage.
Old Mar 7th 2013, 11:49 am
Shark Fisherman

britexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond repute

I just had a stinker last night and she wasn't impressed but more of a feeling of pity for me.

As she's a teacher
Does she like to discipline you scamp?
Old Mar 7th 2013, 12:30 pm

As she's a teacher I normally have 3+ weeks in the summer where I fend for myself. It's carnage.
aww you sound so sweet
I have spent 30 years trying to train my husband but have concluded its a pointless waste of energy

he would rather be scuba divng or riding his blackbird and I would rather be painting or woodcarving, housework is the pits but I am a bit OCD about it too
Old Mar 7th 2013, 12:43 pm

Miss Anne Thrope is an unknown quantity at this point

aww you sound so sweet
I have spent 30 years trying to train my husband but have concluded its a pointless waste of energy
I see why your training has consistently failed when you are so easily taken in by a right scamp!
Old Mar 7th 2013, 1:11 pm

Originally Posted by Miss Anne Thrope
I see why your training has consistently failed when you are so easily taken in by a right scamp!
I'm a daft sod always taken in by a sob story
Old Mar 7th 2013, 4:32 pm

Miss Anne Thrope is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm a daft sod always taken in by a sob story
He's got a way with his tongue; he is a recruiter after all....
Old Mar 7th 2013, 5:28 pm

Originally Posted by Miss Anne Thrope
He's got a way with his tongue; he is a recruiter after all....
sorry I have a really bad mind
Old Mar 8th 2013, 3:58 am
BE Forum Addict

Patsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond repute

sorry I have a really bad mind
I like you already darling
But seriously, please listen when we tell you to be very careful..NEVER take somebodies word that medical insurance is fine, that bringing in medicines are fine, that all is fine, everything is done and sorted and you will be fine.

ALWAYS check and re check, especially your meds. Make sure that you bring in enough to get you through a month AND have a Drs. prescription and a letter with you. Please speak to a Dr. in Qatar..or maybe 1 of our lovely (Alexa, that means you darling ) posters in Qatar could ask their Dr. to check for you, you could PM them the name of the meds.
A woman was arrested in Dubai for having codeine in her bag, I think she was in jail for a short time.
Good luck anyway, once you are settled pop over to Dubai for a visit.
Old Mar 8th 2013, 7:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

Theseus has a reputation beyond reputeTheseus has a reputation beyond reputeTheseus has a reputation beyond reputeTheseus has a reputation beyond reputeTheseus has a reputation beyond reputeTheseus has a reputation beyond reputeTheseus has a reputation beyond reputeTheseus has a reputation beyond reputeTheseus has a reputation beyond reputeTheseus has a reputation beyond reputeTheseus has a reputation beyond repute

I'm sooo undomesticated I need a trained wife or husband (not fussy). Luckily for me i live in a serviced apartment so i have maid service otherwise this place would be awful!!
Old Mar 8th 2013, 10:50 pm

Originally Posted by Patsy Stoned
I like you already darling
But seriously, please listen when we tell you to be very careful..NEVER take somebodies word that medical insurance is fine, that bringing in medicines are fine, that all is fine, everything is done and sorted and you will be fine.

ALWAYS check and re check, especially your meds. Make sure that you bring in enough to get you through a month AND have a Drs. prescription and a letter with you. Please speak to a Dr. in Qatar..or maybe 1 of our lovely (Alexa, that means you darling ) posters in Qatar could ask their Dr. to check for you, you could PM them the name of the meds.
A woman was arrested in Dubai for having codeine in her bag, I think she was in jail for a short time.
Good luck anyway, once you are settled pop over to Dubai for a visit.

Thanks I had guessed that would be the case I have e mailed a couple of doctors in Qatar but they seem to be ignoring me. If anyone in Doha can give me a name and e mail addie in a pm I would be grateful.

The meds are fentanyl and oxycodone. I know it is ok for me to have them as long as I carry a drs letter keep them in their box with my name on as I do this when I travel through Abu Dhabi and Dubai on stopovers to Australia, although living there may be a whole different kettle of fish.

I can't wait to meet you all