Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Day Of Rage In Bahrain Demonstration

Day Of Rage In Bahrain Demonstration

Old Feb 17th 2012, 2:42 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Day Of Rage In Bahrain Demonstration

Originally Posted by westendgirl1
bit.ly/zjEmz9
AlJazeera report
That's a very moving report, and full marks to Jazeera for broadcasting it. For those interested in Nada Dhaif's case, please read this:

http://www.doctorsinchains.org/?page_id=120
Old Apr 16th 2012, 4:25 am
BE Forum Addict

Tockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond repute

Strange how we have all become conditioned to the situation in Bahrain however for those who are unconditioned the following may be of interest

We had a bomb go off a week ago in the village of Eker which is next to Sitra and 7 police officers were injured. This was followed by some Loyals going to the area and torching some disloyals cars in a mild form of retribution

Last night a bomb went off near the Standard Chartered bank in Sitra injuring 3 police officers

The recent use of explosives is becoming more effective

First. attempt to blow up a mini bus near the British embassy.
Second. Use of pipe bombs in various locations across the island including Saar
Third. Eker bomb
Fourth. Sitra bomb

Obviously these devices have inbuilt expat recognition technology and so there is no risk to Bahrains British community
Old Apr 16th 2012, 7:15 am
BE Enthusiast

Ronnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tockalosh

This was followed by some Loyals going to the area and torching some disloyals cars in a mild form of retribution
This is the most worrying development for me. Before now this hasn't been Bahraini vs Bahraini.

Have you heard anything about the forthcoming week or so? It seems a bit quieter around my neck of the woods and there has also been less teargas blowing around the compound
Old Apr 16th 2012, 7:39 am
**** it we'll do it live

shiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ronnie Biggs
This is the most worrying development for me. Before now this hasn't been Bahraini vs Bahraini.

Have you heard anything about the forthcoming week or so? It seems a bit quieter around my neck of the woods and there has also been less teargas blowing around the compound
they'll be saving it all up for the grand prix (both sides)

the police magically disappearing as the "loyals" raid the villages is to my mind a sign of the end....an end to what i havent decided yet but its an end stage act for sure
Old Apr 16th 2012, 4:49 pm
Banned

Chipsnsalsa is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by shiva
they'll be saving it all up for the grand prix (both sides)

the police magically disappearing as the "loyals" raid the villages is to my mind a sign of the end....an end to what i havent decided yet but its an end stage act for sure
You guys probably all saw the CCTV video of the supermarket being looted, and the police/army/whatever the hell they are showing up, only to stand chatting to looters, help themselves to drinks and smash a window. Unreal.
Old Apr 16th 2012, 5:48 pm
Forum Regular

scottrace is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Chipsnsalsa
You guys probably all saw the CCTV video of the supermarket being looted, and the police/army/whatever the hell they are showing up, only to stand chatting to looters, help themselves to drinks and smash a window. Unreal.

And have you seen all the videos of the "peaceful opposition", burning, committing acts of vandalism, violence, disgusting injuries caused to police etc etc - its all "unreal"! What we see on these sites has to be taken with pinch of salt and if I have learnt anything since living here it is that the media and social networking sites will manipulate anything and everything for their own means - dont believe everything you see unless its in person!
Old Apr 16th 2012, 6:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

Tockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by scottrace
And have you seen all the videos of the "peaceful opposition", burning, committing acts of vandalism, violence, disgusting injuries caused to police etc etc - its all "unreal"! What we see on these sites has to be taken with pinch of salt and if I have learnt anything since living here it is that the media and social networking sites will manipulate anything and everything for their own means - dont believe everything you see unless its in person!
Lmao, I will try and steer clear of watching our loyal policemen getting blown up to confirm its actually happened however I do agree that anything the disloyals post on websites is pure Iranian propoganda and definitely not be trusted. I'd rather trust my first ex wife and she was a devious witch if ever one walked the planet

May be an interesting week.
Old Apr 16th 2012, 6:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

You'll be reconsidering moving to Dubai next
Old Apr 16th 2012, 7:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

Ronnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond repute

You'll be reconsidering moving to Dubai next
Haha - funny you should say that who have you been talking to?!

By the way, based on the above posts you really should get a job writing for the GDN
Old Apr 16th 2012, 7:55 pm
Forum Regular

Lmao, I will try and steer clear of watching our loyal policemen getting blown up to confirm its actually happened however I do agree that anything the disloyals post on websites is pure Iranian propoganda and definitely not be trusted. I'd rather trust my first ex wife and she was a devious witch if ever one walked the planet

May be an interesting week.

Hmmm - I dont want to see it either but you get my point

Interesting week indeed!
Old Apr 17th 2012, 12:27 am
Banned

Chipsnsalsa is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by scottrace

Are you seriously suggesting that the entire video was staged by the opposition, who dressed up in fake police/army/whatever the hell uniforms, looted the shop, and then kindly left video evidence of themselves for the regime to track them down? Nurse!
Old Apr 17th 2012, 2:15 am
BE Forum Addict

Haha - funny you should say that who have you been talking to?!

By the way, based on the above posts you really should get a job writing for the GDN
I am joining the government's PR Department. They recruited me off this website. Get Bahraini citizenship next week and a nice house in Riffa. All I have to do is keep reporting the truth
Old Apr 17th 2012, 5:24 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Chipsnsalsa
Are you seriously suggesting that the entire video was staged by the opposition, who dressed up in fake police/army/whatever the hell uniforms, looted the shop, and then kindly left video evidence of themselves for the regime to track them down? Nurse!
You clearly missed my point! Why did you just pick on that video to mention?? There are thousands of videos doing the rounds which show the police being burned, battered and blown up - what I was trying to say is that the media/internet do not show what is going on (on both sides) - and you have followed suit.

But hey we are all entitled to our own opinions and can believe what we like but please dont insult either me or my intelligence.
Old Apr 17th 2012, 5:37 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

I just hope the GP goes ahead - Bernie needs some cash for a haircut
Old Apr 17th 2012, 8:32 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Millhouse
I just hope the GP goes ahead - Bernie needs some cash for a haircut
He also needs a 'be nice' transfusion............ the man is a diminutive scumbag.

Last edited by The Dean; Apr 17th 2012 at 8:32 am. Reason: n

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.