Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Day Of Rage In Bahrain Demonstration

Day Of Rage In Bahrain Demonstration

Old Feb 15th 2011, 1:50 pm
Token Scandinavian Bloke

norsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Day Of Rage In Bahrain Demonstration

Originally Posted by heartofdarkness
Front page of GDN was Day of Unity! tweeter...Press TV ..saying Saudi sending troops in..
Not that I believe Saudi troops will actually show up in Bahrain, but if they did it could be interesting how that would go down internationally.

Don't forget there is also a not insignificant US Navy/Army/Marines and Royal Navy presence in Bahrain...

Such an event has bad news written all over it..
Old Feb 15th 2011, 1:53 pm
need a new teeshirt

heartofdarkness is a jewel in the roughheartofdarkness is a jewel in the roughheartofdarkness is a jewel in the roughheartofdarkness is a jewel in the rough

Alot better than the riot patrols which are basically from the sub-continent..or the 5th fleet!!!
Old Feb 15th 2011, 3:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

Paracletus will become famous soon enoughParacletus will become famous soon enough

Well, his highness has spoken and the police have backed down supposedly. All back to normalcy then?

I heard reports of someone setting up a tent on the roundabout, calling it Thair square of Bahrain.

Got both sunni and shia friends here, have not seen any beef between them..they've just mostly been a bit annoyed that we missed our trip for beer last night because of the curfew and road blockades.
Old Feb 15th 2011, 3:28 pm
need a new teeshirt

heartofdarkness is a jewel in the roughheartofdarkness is a jewel in the roughheartofdarkness is a jewel in the roughheartofdarkness is a jewel in the rough

Confirmed the Saudi military are here. Bahrain schools closed. Lets hope everything remains peaceful..
Old Feb 15th 2011, 3:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

Tockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond repute

Norsk, slightly off topic here but do you have a maid called Jean ?
Old Feb 15th 2011, 4:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

Paracletus will become famous soon enoughParacletus will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by heartofdarkness
Confirmed the Saudi military are here. Bahrain schools closed. Lets hope everything remains peaceful..
Have you seen them? I can only find reports about a Saudi presence from Iranian media..and articles reprinted in a greek news source.

Is this the Saudi version of western 'intervention..: 'We are here to safeguard the Monarchy and all it's virtues'?
Old Feb 15th 2011, 4:51 pm
need a new teeshirt

Bahraini friend of mine said he saw them heading towards Juffair..Maybe some kind of joint op if things get out of hand??
Old Feb 15th 2011, 4:56 pm
Roving Donny fan.

Location: Doncaster, UK. But not for long!!! Where's my visa!!!
glynster is just really niceglynster is just really niceglynster is just really niceglynster is just really niceglynster is just really niceglynster is just really niceglynster is just really niceglynster is just really niceglynster is just really niceglynster is just really nice

Originally Posted by norsk
I have seen this being reported in international media, but there are also some rumours going round that it is propaganda and that nobody has been killed.

I don't know what to believe to be honest, and I know people living in Jidhafs and Sanabis who say they've seen nothing (and that's supposedly one of the major areas of unrest). I think the conclusion is that on an Egypt scale the protests are pretty piss-poor so far..

What annoys me though is that it appears the Bahraini government has throttled all internet connections. I was getting at most 5kb/s from my normally very good connection last night. This meant that my dreambox was hanging every time it was getting a new key so watching the Chelsea game was challenging (although the game was awful so not much of a loss I guess).
With reference to your Dreambox (I dont give a damn about Chelsea) Does it work on cable? I have a eurovox in uk and its still working over there after 3 years, will it work in UAE?
Old Feb 16th 2011, 2:52 am
Forum Regular

yrsammit is just really niceyrsammit is just really niceyrsammit is just really niceyrsammit is just really niceyrsammit is just really niceyrsammit is just really niceyrsammit is just really niceyrsammit is just really nice

Several of my students confirmed that Saudi military has been sent into Bahrain. The number of soldiers they told me was very high (~26,000) but they did show me an article in a local Arabic newspaper, and a few pictures of the causeway with hundreds of military trucks in a line. They were sent the morning of the 14th.
Old Feb 16th 2011, 3:38 am
Account Closed

lionheart is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by yrsammit
Several of my students confirmed that Saudi military has been sent into Bahrain. The number of soldiers they told me was very high (~26,000) but they did show me an article in a local Arabic newspaper, and a few pictures of the causeway with hundreds of military trucks in a line. They were sent the morning of the 14th.
Sorry but I don't believe your students. They are simply trying to create mischief. Yes there was trouble but 26,000 Saudi soldiers? Don't be daft.
Old Feb 16th 2011, 5:44 am
BE Enthusiast

Ronnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tockalosh
She's just a girl who claims that he isssssssss the one.
But the kid is not his sonnnn
Old Feb 16th 2011, 10:54 pm
Token Scandinavian Bloke

norsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tockalosh
how the ***** do you know that?
Old Feb 16th 2011, 10:57 pm
Token Scandinavian Bloke

Originally Posted by glynster
With reference to your Dreambox (I dont give a damn about Chelsea) Does it work on cable? I have a eurovox in uk and its still working over there after 3 years, will it work in UAE?
Mine is a satellite one so i wouldn't know, but I assume the principle is the same. However, there isn't much cable in the middle east.
Old Feb 16th 2011, 11:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by yrsammit
Yeah..you can't just transport that number down the causeway without anyone noticing..reports are still sketchy..But hey, I can still get to Diggers so it's all good.
Old Feb 17th 2011, 6:22 am
Forum Regular

markinbahrain is just really nicemarkinbahrain is just really nicemarkinbahrain is just really nicemarkinbahrain is just really nicemarkinbahrain is just really nicemarkinbahrain is just really nicemarkinbahrain is just really nicemarkinbahrain is just really nicemarkinbahrain is just really nicemarkinbahrain is just really nice

Well, when I started this thread I didnt believe that the situation would get this bad. Two maybe three more died last night and a friend of mine at the hospital said that over 100 injured last night. I cannot believe how empty the streets are this morning, have actually seen the tanks and armoured vehicles, coming from Riffa going to Manama around 50-60 in total on the streets this morning, it looks like their is a curfew.....can anyone verify this. The police/ army have taken over the shopping mall car park and of what I saw their was Saudi tanks in the car park.
One of my employees said that after prayers tomorrow they will march again, but I think personally that this time it will be kept to the villages, as it was getting embarrassing for the govt that the middle of Manama was under canvas from all the tents.
I really feel sorry for these people out here, we should all be thankful for our own rights and democracy. I love life in Bahrain, so much nicer than London. Bahrain is this morning feeling like it has had the stuffing kicked out of it!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.