Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Day Of Rage In Bahrain Demonstration

Day Of Rage In Bahrain Demonstration

Old Feb 4th 2012, 10:40 am
womble

OriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Day Of Rage In Bahrain Demonstration

Originally Posted by westendgirl1
lol smack bang next to the CID Mr Biggs so i feel pretty safe

seriously? that makes you feel safe???
Old Feb 4th 2012, 11:03 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond repute

lol smack bang next to the CID Mr Biggs so i feel pretty safe
Bit of a dubious philosophy.
Old Feb 4th 2012, 11:11 am
Forum Regular

westendgirl1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Guys seriously Ive been told its the safest place in town apparently the only trouble free area
Old Feb 4th 2012, 1:50 pm
womble

OriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond repute

Guys seriously Ive been told its the safest place in town apparently the only trouble free area
and when the anti-governments get attacked by the police... and have nothing else to lose... where are they going to go
Old Feb 4th 2012, 5:14 pm
Forum Regular

westendgirl1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by OriginalSunshine
and when the anti-governments get attacked by the police... and have nothing else to lose... where are they going to go
Well as im aware thats been happening for a year already but my friends tell me Adliya is as safe as it gets (whatever that means)
Old Feb 9th 2012, 11:50 pm
Forum Regular

markinbahrain is just really nicemarkinbahrain is just really nicemarkinbahrain is just really nicemarkinbahrain is just really nicemarkinbahrain is just really nicemarkinbahrain is just really nicemarkinbahrain is just really nicemarkinbahrain is just really nicemarkinbahrain is just really nicemarkinbahrain is just really nice

I was hoping this thread would dilute down, as it has many bad embarrassing moments of mine during my pi**ing my pants got to get out of Bahrain last year. But we have had loads of trouble in Juffair old village tonight tear gas and sound grenades big time the police are here in mass......14th Feb they (disloyal) believe are going to take back the junction / roundabout with every head of anti gov and human rights up for it, so it will get worse over the next few days before it gets any better.
I am well prepared this time though !!!
Old Feb 10th 2012, 4:07 am
Forum Regular

scottrace is an unknown quantity at this point

Was just thinking that this thread has almost reached its first birthday - perhaps you should all mark the occasion somehow

It is interesting to read some of it back now and see how opinions changed over that period
Old Feb 11th 2012, 4:16 pm
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute

FYI

You may have noticed some posts are missing. I've moved them here, and that's where they are gonna stay

Thanks
Old Feb 11th 2012, 6:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

Tockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond repute

2 American disloyal sympathizers arrested today it appears. Dual nationalities.

Nice to fly back into Bahrain and within 15 minutes of landing see the police having to correct the actions of some disloyals in Saar. Welcome home. Would have liked to hear what the ambassador said at the British club.

Did he have a phillipino translator for the wives ?
Old Feb 11th 2012, 6:32 pm
Forum Regular

leesk is an unknown quantity at this point

Ah, back to business as usual. So where are all you lovers going to be camped out on the 14th? Is there any indication how intense the rage is likely to be?
Old Feb 11th 2012, 7:16 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tockalosh
2 American disloyal sympathizers arrested today it appears. Dual nationalities.

Nice to fly back into Bahrain and within 15 minutes of landing see the police having to correct the actions of some disloyals in Saar. Welcome home. Would have liked to hear what the ambassador said at the British club.

Did he have a phillipino translator for the wives ?
I should image the British Ambassador said something along the lines of 'Nothing to worry about here [-nothing for ME to worry about here..], just a spot of localised difficulty, nothing to worry about [our bags are packed, just in case] you'll be fine [I'll be fine..]' Otherwise known as the diplomatic two-step-they'll be two steps ahead of everyone else!
Old Feb 12th 2012, 12:06 am
Forum Regular

markinbahrain is just really nicemarkinbahrain is just really nicemarkinbahrain is just really nicemarkinbahrain is just really nicemarkinbahrain is just really nicemarkinbahrain is just really nicemarkinbahrain is just really nicemarkinbahrain is just really nicemarkinbahrain is just really nicemarkinbahrain is just really nice

Originally Posted by OleJanx
I should image the British Ambassador said something along the lines of 'Nothing to worry about here [-nothing for ME to worry about here..], just a spot of localised difficulty, nothing to worry about [our bags are packed, just in case] you'll be fine [I'll be fine..]' Otherwise known as the diplomatic two-step-they'll be two steps ahead of everyone else!
Basically yes, was you their! I did not go as was at the F1 track watching my son spend my money on laps around the track, but got this via a friend .
The meeting today at the British club with the Embassy.

To sum up, the main points of the briefing were to reassure us that the embassy is ready and organised; they learnt lessons from last year and they 'rehearsed' procedures just last week; make sure your info is up to date on the FCO 'locate' web site (needs renewing yearly) so you get e-mailed updates; keep an eye on this page as they will use it as a means of communication and that there are levels of advice from just warning us not to go to certain areas, to stay indoors if the roads are deemed dangerous, right up to all but essential personnel leaving, etc. all of which we experienced last year. The Ambassador also re-iterated that the UK has a good working relationship with the Bahraini Royal family and government and they want us here.!
From my experience.....what a load of bollocks!!
Old Feb 12th 2012, 12:17 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

When the British Embassy start appointing 'Wardens' [bumptious, self important arse heads] then it is time to leave!
Old Feb 12th 2012, 2:40 am
BE Forum Addict

Tockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by OleJanx
When the British Embassy start appointing 'Wardens' [bumptious, self important arse heads] then it is time to leave!
Lmao, all uk embassies have wardens in place and though I guess some may be blue rinse stiff upper lip been in the sun too long; they do provide a service to the community in times of need (Libya springs to mind as a good example) and they are people who are willing to be the last out. Guess everyone wants their US embassy Saigon moment.
Me, I want to be the first one out in business class so I am glad they are there
Old Feb 12th 2012, 2:44 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Tockalosh
Lmao, all uk embassies have wardens in place and though I guess some may be blue rinse stiff upper lip been in the sun too long; they do provide a service to the community in times of need (Libya springs to mind as a good example) and they are people who are willing to be the last out. Guess everyone wants their US embassy Saigon moment.
Me, I want to be the first one out in business class so I am glad they are there
My experience of wardens from the embassy was that they were the dupes who stayed behind when the dips legged it.
Having seen them in action, I was underwhelmed...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.