Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Day Of Rage In Bahrain Demonstration

Day Of Rage In Bahrain Demonstration

Old Feb 18th 2011, 11:27 am
Forum Regular

markinbahrain is just really nicemarkinbahrain is just really nicemarkinbahrain is just really nicemarkinbahrain is just really nicemarkinbahrain is just really nicemarkinbahrain is just really nicemarkinbahrain is just really nicemarkinbahrain is just really nicemarkinbahrain is just really nicemarkinbahrain is just really nice
Default Re: Day Of Rage In Bahrain Demonstration

Yes I agree with you Tochalosh, I am in the diplomat hotel today and their is I would say 2-3000 pro government supporters all in their 4x4's heading a march, although I thought the military have banned marches!! If the anti and pro meet up at some point today it would be terrible, but Diraz is the ultimate flashpoint for today. Also was awakened at 4a.m. this morning by 3 screaming lads around 20-25 yrs old outside my place, they were dressed in black and were in a terrible state, blood all over them, and one was semi-unconscious. The receptionist at my apartment told me later that a police van had pulled up and threw them out onto the street, apparently they had just been released from being arrested from the Pearl roundabout massacre the other night.
I have always seen the tyres burn in Bahrain, but this actually this morning really shook me up, it really is not nice to see. How on earth is this all going to be forgotten this time, I really dont know!!

Last edited by markinbahrain; Feb 18th 2011 at 11:40 am.
Old Feb 18th 2011, 1:09 pm
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by markinbahrain
Yes I agree with you Tochalosh, I am in the diplomat hotel today and their is I would say 2-3000 pro government supporters all in their 4x4's heading a march, although I thought the military have banned marches!! If the anti and pro meet up at some point today it would be terrible, but Diraz is the ultimate flashpoint for today. Also was awakened at 4a.m. this morning by 3 screaming lads around 20-25 yrs old outside my place, they were dressed in black and were in a terrible state, blood all over them, and one was semi-unconscious. The receptionist at my apartment told me later that a police van had pulled up and threw them out onto the street, apparently they had just been released from being arrested from the Pearl roundabout massacre the other night.
I have always seen the tyres burn in Bahrain, but this actually this morning really shook me up, it really is not nice to see. How on earth is this all going to be forgotten this time, I really dont know!!
that's awful
Old Feb 18th 2011, 2:21 pm
Forum Regular

markinbahrain is just really nicemarkinbahrain is just really nicemarkinbahrain is just really nicemarkinbahrain is just really nicemarkinbahrain is just really nicemarkinbahrain is just really nicemarkinbahrain is just really nicemarkinbahrain is just really nicemarkinbahrain is just really nicemarkinbahrain is just really nice

I have two texts one from one of my mate who is saying that the army are shooting live rounds again........It is appalling and disgusting, the pro government have been doing what they want today, and now they are bloody shooting the people whom have no votes, and see no transparency in the government, I have no understanding nor have I ever been interested in politics, but at 45yrs old I cannot believe I am actually taking sides in something that is not my issue. Moving swiftly on before I make a total mug of myself.... I have not been to work since last Sunday, I am staying in my apartment all the time, the shops have run out of milk, bread and people are panic buying, nothing in the shops!! My other friend from Newcastle text said simply "sorry mark, am at the airport am going home for a while, and said did I know that my recruitment agency in the U.K. whom I use to employ 2 I.T guys have been told to fly home by their recruitment agency!! In times like this its not so good having your own business!! If U.K. government and U.S.A. do not now totally condone this then we are an embarrasment for democracy.......apologies doing the politics thing again!!!! God knows what I will be like when my wine and bacardi run out..........Bollocks I think I will then go home!!
Mercy on the people of Bahrain, it is seriously getting bad here, should have set up in Dubai, love Jumeirah Beach..........where's the Bacardi!!

Last edited by markinbahrain; Feb 18th 2011 at 3:16 pm.
Old Feb 18th 2011, 5:02 pm
Token Scandinavian Bloke

norsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by markinbahrain
I have two texts one from one of my mate who is saying that the army are shooting live rounds again........It is appalling and disgusting, the pro government have been doing what they want today, and now they are bloody shooting the people whom have no votes, and see no transparency in the government, I have no understanding nor have I ever been interested in politics, but at 45yrs old I cannot believe I am actually taking sides in something that is not my issue. Moving swiftly on before I make a total mug of myself.... I have not been to work since last Sunday, I am staying in my apartment all the time, the shops have run out of milk, bread and people are panic buying, nothing in the shops!! My other friend from Newcastle text said simply "sorry mark, am at the airport am going home for a while, and said did I know that my recruitment agency in the U.K. whom I use to employ 2 I.T guys have been told to fly home by their recruitment agency!! In times like this its not so good having your own business!! If U.K. government and U.S.A. do not now totally condone this then we are an embarrasment for democracy.......apologies doing the politics thing again!!!! God knows what I will be like when my wine and bacardi run out..........Bollocks I think I will then go home!!
Mercy on the people of Bahrain, it is seriously getting bad here, should have set up in Dubai, love Jumeirah Beach..........where's the Bacardi!!
If you need supplies (ie bread, milk etc) go to Lulu in A'Ali. I was there earlier today and they had plenty of bread, milk and the like...

In terms of what's actually going on it's quite difficult to tell. It seems there are some changes in who is running (and participating in) the protests since the first few days. In the beginning it was both sects and they were standing together as Bahrainis, but now it seems the shia are taking over.

Al Wefaq have pulled out of parliament and seem to be orchestrating some of the stuff going on. I'm definitely not saying they don't deserve equality, but the protests were a lot more acceptable when it was all Bahrainis standing together. Now it will be much easier for the police and army to justify cracking down hard.

as a sidenote the crown prince was on tv earlier urging people to calm down (on both sides) and that he was ready to sit down and talk through and sort things out as soon as this happened. So does that mean that he disagrees with his dad the king, or has the army/police gone a bit outside their remit and he's trying to stop this spiralling out of control...?

it's difficult to know who is reporting the truth as well. there is a lot of propaganda on twitter, the international media are reporting rumours and hearsay as the truth, and the local media are showing infomercials of how wonderful bahrain is..
Old Feb 18th 2011, 6:33 pm
**** it we'll do it live

shiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond repute

this whole place is ****ed now. that is all
Old Feb 18th 2011, 6:34 pm
**** it we'll do it live

shiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.channel4.com/news/bahrain...-gas-canisters

Government ends all export licences with Bahrain after it emerged tear gas canisters used against protesters may have been from stock supplied by UK

game over bahrain insert new government to continue
Old Feb 18th 2011, 6:38 pm
Token Scandinavian Bloke

norsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by shiva
http://www.channel4.com/news/bahrain...-gas-canisters

Government ends all export licences with Bahrain after it emerged tear gas canisters used against protesters may have been from stock supplied by UK

game over bahrain insert new government to continue
oh no they used the tear gas we sold them. we thought they were only buying it to leave it in storage..talk about trying to cover their arses..
Old Feb 18th 2011, 6:43 pm
Token Scandinavian Bloke

i'm not so sure. this could be the kick the bahraini government needed to create a proper democracy in bahrain. the next few days will determine how it turns out.

hopefully there will be reform rather than civil war along sectarian lines.
Old Feb 18th 2011, 7:02 pm
**** it we'll do it live

Originally Posted by norsk
oh no they used the tear gas we sold them. we thought they were only buying it to leave it in storage..talk about trying to cover their arses..
to be fair it was probably sold under labour, Britains biggest ever arms dealing govt but yeah its only an issue if you get caught using it
Old Feb 18th 2011, 7:03 pm
**** it we'll do it live

Originally Posted by norsk
i'm not so sure. this could be the kick the bahraini government needed to create a proper democracy in bahrain. the next few days will determine how it turns out.

hopefully there will be reform rather than civil war along sectarian lines.
****** hope its peaceful or it could get interesting for the whole gcc
Old Feb 18th 2011, 7:05 pm
**** it we'll do it live

CAIRO -- Authorities in Saudi Arabia have detained founding members of a new political party and told them they must withdraw demands for political reform as a condition for their release, the party said Friday.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...021802641.html
Old Feb 18th 2011, 8:31 pm
Mary Poppins 4evah!

Umbrella is just really niceUmbrella is just really niceUmbrella is just really niceUmbrella is just really niceUmbrella is just really niceUmbrella is just really niceUmbrella is just really niceUmbrella is just really niceUmbrella is just really niceUmbrella is just really niceUmbrella is just really nice

News says they just fired live rounds and injured 50+ into several thousand protesters that were going back to the square....

This doesn't look like it is going to calm down...

U.
Old Feb 18th 2011, 10:14 pm
Forum Regular

Romulan is just really niceRomulan is just really niceRomulan is just really niceRomulan is just really niceRomulan is just really niceRomulan is just really niceRomulan is just really niceRomulan is just really nice

All is good in Bahrain, manshallah.

The people have come out in joyous celebration of the brilliant and benevolent rule of King Hamad ibn Isa Al Khalifa, while the hooligan cronies of the Iranian state have been thrown into prison. Peace prevails.

Old Feb 19th 2011, 4:29 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

I think you may well be right with this comment.
Old Feb 19th 2011, 5:16 am
BE Forum Addict

Tockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
I think you may well be right with this comment.
Not at all. There is no way that the GCC will let Bahrain fall to the Iranian peril. The sensationalist reporting, whilst distressing is only representing a small minority of the population.

One report last night stated that the Saudis had opened fire on protesters with anti aircraft guns. LMFAO. seems you can say or write anything and sky or Al Jazeera will post it

If all 500,000 shias came out in protest then maybe there would be reason for Saudi to be concerned however 5,000 protesters out of 500,000 is hardly significant. There will be some more blood shed but life will continue and so will business.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.