Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Dan Marsdens Issues

Dan Marsdens Issues

Old Nov 11th 2004, 1:42 am
Premium Member

Truth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Dan Marsdens Issues

Morning Dan / Willmore - philosophy at 6.30 , almost as painful as my head!!
Old Nov 11th 2004, 1:44 am
Banned

DanMarsden is a name known to allDanMarsden is a name known to allDanMarsden is a name known to allDanMarsden is a name known to allDanMarsden is a name known to allDanMarsden is a name known to allDanMarsden is a name known to allDanMarsden is a name known to allDanMarsden is a name known to allDanMarsden is a name known to allDanMarsden is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Truth Speak
Sabah el Kheir. It's 9:30 pm here. I have a bad headache. I'm really upset about this.
Old Nov 11th 2004, 1:46 am
Premium Member

Truth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DanMarsden
Sabah el Kheir. It's 9:30 pm here. I have a bad headache. I'm really upset about this.
U seem a mite it upset - a D is nothing - and other than fill in the first 14 yrs or so of your life, nothing other than the basics is ever useful again.... Don't sweat it... give upPhilosophy!!!!!!
Old Nov 11th 2004, 1:52 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

willmore has disabled reputation

Fair enough...you're upset....don't blame you if you feel you been hard done by.....but fighting the instructor of the course isn't going to work in your favour.....perhaps once you cool off....maybe by the time of the next class...you can make an appt with her and talk about how the situation can be remedied. She holds the future of your grade in her hands Dan...I woudn't blow it now (since you can't drop the course)...by crossing swords with her.....

Just some advice from one person who has been there and done that.

Must run... talk to you tomorrow.....
Old Nov 11th 2004, 1:53 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

It's 6:50pm here in Victoria, BC Canada and I'm just about ready to sign off....kids to bath and get to bed....

Good nite all...
Old Nov 11th 2004, 1:53 am
Banned

DanMarsden is a name known to allDanMarsden is a name known to allDanMarsden is a name known to allDanMarsden is a name known to allDanMarsden is a name known to allDanMarsden is a name known to allDanMarsden is a name known to allDanMarsden is a name known to allDanMarsden is a name known to allDanMarsden is a name known to allDanMarsden is a name known to all

U seem a mite it upset - a D is nothing - and other than fill in the first 14 yrs or so of your life, nothing other than the basics is ever useful again.... Don't sweat it... give upPhilosophy!!!!!!
Give up philosophy? No, I would rather be throwing Molotov cocktails at my philosophy prof than give up on philosophy just because it sounds "useless" or because I got a "D". Maybe the prof should stop thinking that it's best that I drop out. She won't be having a field trip for the rest of this course, that's for sure. I will dedicate my entire semester to being a bitch to her in class. I will challenge each and every of her "arguments", and I will prove to her that she knows as much about philosophy as I do about... marine biology - in other words, NOTHING. She will regret the day she got into philosophy. She will be having nightmares about this course a long time after it is over (too bad it's half a year course, means a shorter time to piss her off in and prove her idiocy). I might turn a blind eye to the fallacious arguments presented by a prof, but when it comes down to her asserting that I don't know anything about philosophy (insulting me with a "D"), then I will do everything to prove that it is SHE who knows nothing, and that if I haven't been exposing her FALLACIES, it is because I was being GENEROUS.
Old Nov 11th 2004, 1:58 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Dan - I really have to run....could I just suggest that perhaps before you do anything "stupid"......(meant in the nicest possible way)....that you sleep on it......and perhaps talk to a close friend.....before you do anything you might regret.

Look at all the trouble I get myself into all the time because of my big fat mouth and temper.......
Old Nov 11th 2004, 1:58 am
Premium Member

Willmore - thats a mite early for bed - sleep well

Dan - OK u win - make her life hell and get thrown out if it makes u feel better!!
Old Nov 11th 2004, 2:00 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

[QUOTE=Truth Speak]Willmore - thats a mite early for bed - sleep well

Oh, not going to bed yet.....but getting the kids bathed and thrown in bed by 8pm......that's the challenge every night.
Old Nov 11th 2004, 2:07 am
Banned

Originally Posted by willmore
but fighting the instructor of the course isn't going to work in your favour.....
Maybe, but I don't think that's the point anyway. What's done is done, and I dont' think the mark will be changed. Last year I was taking a Satire course, and the teaching assistant gave a C on my first paper. I felt it was unfair, but wasn't that greatly upset, because a C is not as "insulting" as a D (I was expecting a B). I did not complain to the English department. I went and talked to the T.A., and she told me where she thought I had gone off, etc. She was right in some of the cases. I asked her if she could re-mark it. She did, and upped it to a C+. The rest of my essays in that course I got A's on. My point is, if I feel that the prof hasn't done his/her best to deliberately INSULT me with an inappropriate mark, then I am willing to talk about it and even admit that I might've been a bit off. But with this prof, it is different. We are talking about logical argumentation here, and knowing what each philosopher has argued about. If you know it, you know it, if your argumentation is logical, it's logical. If it's not, it's not. It's as simple as that. There is no grey area there. My first thoughts upon getting my test back was, OK, I'll go and talk to her just like I did with that satire course last year, and maybe she might remark it and up the mark to a C or something, but as I read more and more of her side-comments, I realised that her intentions were not to mark my paper and give me a mark that I deserved. It was as if she was desparately trying to air her superiority by arguing that my comments were wrong. In other words, her comments very much insulted me (and I am not one who is insulted that easily) because they seem to be saying "What the **** are you talking about? Do you have an ounce of brain???". She has crossed out huge portions of text I have written which are COMPLETELY CORRECT. Anyway, before I left the class, I made up my mind that I wouldn't go and talk to her. And I don't care if she holds the keys to my marks or to heaven, I won't go and talk to her - period. It's a matter of principles. I am not willing to lower myself and even acknowledge that she is indeed an authority on political philosophy just to get my test looked at again, or not looked at again whichever the case may be (I'm guessing it's the latter).

She can't insult me in that manner and then expect that I sit there and "take it all". So vendetta it is. We will see who will come and talk to the other first.
Old Nov 11th 2004, 2:11 am
Premium Member

[QUOTE]
Originally Posted by willmore
Willmore - thats a mite early for bed - sleep well

Oh, not going to bed yet.....but getting the kids bathed and thrown in bed by 8pm......that's the challenge every night.
Aha - snap

So DM looks like a lost cause, degenerating into a pool of self pity - best have him pt out of his misery!!!!!!!1
Old Nov 11th 2004, 2:16 am
Banned

So DM looks like a lost cause, degenerating into a pool of self pity
You wouldn't want to be saying that right now...
Old Nov 11th 2004, 2:56 am
Premium Member

You wouldn't want to be saying that right now...
Old Nov 11th 2004, 3:07 am
Banned

Old Nov 11th 2004, 6:51 am
The 5th Amendment

joseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nice

definitely in need of Prozac....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.