Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Dan Marsdens Issues

Dan Marsdens Issues

Old Nov 10th 2004, 10:38 am
Premium Member

Truth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond repute
Default Dan Marsdens Issues

This thread is for Dan to give us a taster of his issues, as defined by mum Marsden :scared:
Old Nov 10th 2004, 10:40 am
Banned

DanMarsden is a name known to allDanMarsden is a name known to allDanMarsden is a name known to allDanMarsden is a name known to allDanMarsden is a name known to allDanMarsden is a name known to allDanMarsden is a name known to allDanMarsden is a name known to allDanMarsden is a name known to allDanMarsden is a name known to allDanMarsden is a name known to all
Default Re: Dan Marsdens Issues

Old Nov 10th 2004, 10:53 am
Premium Member

Truth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DanMarsden
Open up Dan, share it with the world!!!!!!11
Old Nov 10th 2004, 7:35 pm
Banned

DanMarsden is a name known to allDanMarsden is a name known to allDanMarsden is a name known to allDanMarsden is a name known to allDanMarsden is a name known to allDanMarsden is a name known to allDanMarsden is a name known to allDanMarsden is a name known to allDanMarsden is a name known to allDanMarsden is a name known to allDanMarsden is a name known to all

OK. I had the worst possible day. EVER. EVER. Sometimes I wish I could throw Molotov cocktails at some of my profs.
Old Nov 10th 2004, 7:38 pm
Account Closed

Deadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to behold

OK. I had the worst possible day. EVER. EVER. Sometimes I wish I could throw Molotov cocktails at some of my profs.
Check out the ad-jamming thread in Outside, I put it there especially for ya!
Old Nov 10th 2004, 7:43 pm
Banned

Thanks mate. Those are nice.
Old Nov 10th 2004, 11:22 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

willmore has disabled reputation

OK. I had the worst possible day. EVER. EVER. : Sometimes I wish I could throw Molotov cocktails at some of my profs.
Poor Dan.....what happened....tell us everything....you'll feel so much better
Old Nov 10th 2004, 11:32 pm
**** it we'll do it live

shiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond repute

surley as an anarchist you are free to do so??????
Old Nov 11th 2004, 12:22 am
Banned

Originally Posted by willmore
No. But let's just say that whatever happened is making me feel very homicidal right now.
Old Nov 11th 2004, 12:36 am
BE Forum Addict

CalgaryAMC is just really niceCalgaryAMC is just really niceCalgaryAMC is just really niceCalgaryAMC is just really niceCalgaryAMC is just really niceCalgaryAMC is just really niceCalgaryAMC is just really niceCalgaryAMC is just really niceCalgaryAMC is just really niceCalgaryAMC is just really nice

Originally Posted by willmore
Forget making Dan feel better, it'll make me feel great! Tell us Dan!
Old Nov 11th 2004, 12:44 am
Banned

Only that my philosophy "professor" needs to pull her head out of her *** if you'll pardon the expression...!!! But rest assured, I REFUSE to drop the course because of that bitch (although this was an EXTRA course that I could have done WITHOUT). I will show her who knows more about Philosophy - myself or her idiotic self who still doesn't know how Plato defines justice in The Republic. Yet another proof of the humiliatingly low standards of academia. And trust me, it's not restricted to STUDENTS. It's a plague that has now reached the ranks of the "professors." Please tell me why someone who doesn't know what Plato says about justice in the city should be teaching a course in POLITICAL PHILOSOPHY?!??! It makes no sense. It is ridiculous. It is ****ed up. "Come see me in my office. You need to change your study habits." No, whore, YOU need to go get some freaking knowledge about PHILOSOPHY.
Old Nov 11th 2004, 1:04 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Only that my philosophy "professor" needs to pull her head out of her *** if you'll pardon the expression...!!! But rest assured, I REFUSE to drop the course because of that bitch (although this was an EXTRA course that I could have done WITHOUT). I will show her who knows more about Philosophy - myself or her idiotic self who still doesn't know how Plato defines justice in The Republic. Yet another proof of the humiliatingly low standards of academia. And trust me, it's not restricted to STUDENTS. It's a plague that has now reached the ranks of the "professors." Please tell me why someone who doesn't know what Plato says about justice in the city should be teaching a course in POLITICAL PHILOSOPHY?!??! It makes no sense. It is ridiculous. It is ****ed up. "Come see me in my office. You need to change your study habits." No, whore, YOU need to go get some freaking knowledge about PHILOSOPHY.
Dan - ......if one of my profs called me into their office and told me that I had to change my study habits.....it would be my impression that they felt that the paper I handed in wasn't up to the quality of work that I usually did...and perhaps it was done very last minute.

Do you think that was what she was trying to tell you....and you're upset because you know she's right......
Old Nov 11th 2004, 1:15 am
Banned

First of all, it was not a paper, so it has nothing whatsoever to do about being rushed or not of "good quality." It's a midterm test, and some people even wrote in point form rather than essay form and got better marks. I don't consider myself in competition with others. That's not why I'm upset. I don't care what others got, as it has no bearing on my mark, but surely there is something wrong when there are 13 A's, 18 B's, 8 C's in the class, and I am one of the 5 people who got a D?????? Come on. Now look at this:

"No - justice in the city is a state in which each class 'does its own work'" (this is a comment she had written on one of the questions that she gave me a 10/25 on - about Plato's concepts of justice). Well, duh, how is that any different from saying "not meddling in others' affairs"? Not meddling in others' affairs doesn't mean you're not doing your own work. Maybe she should get a ****ing dictionary. Second, here is what I had written: "Plato argues that just like a city can be known to be courageous by virtue of the part that is occupied in defending it against invasion, so can it be known to be wise by virtue of the part that is wise. To rid the city of that part that is essential to its survival and functioning as a virtuous city, is the equivalent of ridding it of the part that defends the city or that engages in agriculture. It would be unjust to dispose of the specific part which entitles the city to be known for its wisdom and occupies itself with the affairs that are not within the natural capabilities of the rest of the citizens. By virtue of their wisdom, then, they are allowed to rule, and their rule is just and legitimate, since it has so been allocated by natural abilities." Also note that Plato defines justice as follows: "Minding one's own business, and not being meddlesome". So how is this wrong, and how is this answer worth nothing more than a 10????

Also, this is the first submitted work, so it's not like she knows anyone's "skills" / "abilities". Even if I might have made minor mistakes in some parts of my answers, it is NOT a ****ing D- test. I've never gotten any less than an A on any and all PHILOSOPHY coursework. Obviously, if there's something wrong, it's with HER, not ME.

So no, just because I'm upset doesn't mean she's right. I'm upset because I'm right and I still got a ****ing D. I am filing a freaking complaint against her. That's the only way some profs can be TAUGHT (yes, TAUGHT) to pull their heads out of their asses.
Old Nov 11th 2004, 1:26 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

First of all, it was not a paper, so it has nothing whatsoever to do about being rushed or not of "good quality." It's a midterm test, and some people even wrote in point form rather than essay form and got better marks. I don't consider myself in competition with others. That's not why I'm upset. I don't care what others got, as it has no bearing on my mark, but surely there is something wrong when there are 13 A's, 18 B's, 8 C's in the class, and I am one of the 5 people who got a D?????? Come on. Now look at this:

"No - justice in the city is a state in which each class 'does its own work'" (this is a comment she had written on one of the questions that she gave me a 10/25 on - about Plato's concepts of justice). Well, duh, how is that any different from saying "not meddling in others' affairs"? Not meddling in others' affairs doesn't mean you're not doing your own work. Maybe she should get a ****ing dictionary. Second, here is what I had written: "Plato argues that just like a city can be known to be courageous by virtue of the part that is occupied in defending it against invasion, so can it be known to be wise by virtue of the part that is wise. To rid the city of that part that is essential to its survival and functioning as a virtuous city, is the equivalent of ridding it of the part that defends the city or that engages in agriculture. It would be unjust to dispose of the specific part which entitles the city to be known for its wisdom and occupies itself with the affairs that are not within the natural capabilities of the rest of the citizens. By virtue of their wisdom, then, they are allowed to rule, and their rule is just and legitimate, since it has so been allocated by natural abilities." Also note that Plato defines justice as follows: "Minding one's own business, and not being meddlesome". So how is this wrong, and how is this answer worth nothing more than a 10????

Also, this is the first submitted work, so it's not like she knows anyone's "skills" / "abilities". Even if I might have made minor mistakes in some parts of my answers, it is NOT a ****ing D- test. I've never gotten any less than an A on any and all PHILOSOPHY coursework. Obviously, if there's something wrong, it's with HER, not ME.

So no, just because I'm upset doesn't mean she's right. I'm upset because I'm right and I still got a ****ing D. I am filing a freaking complaint against her. That's the only way some profs can be TAUGHT (yes, TAUGHT) to pull their heads out of their asses.
Don't yell at me please....you didn't specify that it was a midterm....I thought you were talking about the paper you handed it.

Your response is exactly why I never took any of those crap stupid philosophy courses....it isn't worth the hassle....when you can easily bs your way through history, psychology or even geography......drop the stupid course and take something that's less hassle.......
Old Nov 11th 2004, 1:36 am
Banned

Don't yell at me please....you didn't specify that it was a midterm....I thought you were talking about the paper you handed it.
I am not yelling at you. I'm just upset in general.

Your response is exactly why I never took any of those crap stupid philosophy courses....it isn't worth the hassle....when you can easily bs your way through history, psychology or even geography......
Well, it might be BS, but it IS what Plato said. If she thinks Plato is a bullshitter, I will not take it to heart (I would even agree), but the mark I get should have nothing whatsoever to do with Plato's BS. It's what he said, and I am only saying what he said. Doesn't mean I agree, and it doesn't mean I don't KNOW (just because she might think it makes no sense). She should go READ The Republic (obviously she has NOT, as anyone who has would realise that my sentence sums up very nicely what Plato is talking about in terms of justice and the organisation of the state/city).

drop the stupid course and take something that's less hassle.......
Firstly, I took the course because I like the readings, not because I think the prof is good. Second, the refund deadline has long passed, so even if I drop the course, it will only be so that I wouldn't get a grade on my transcript. I won't be getting my $2000 back. Third, I wanted the philosophy course on my transcript because I need to "show" that I have some formal background in the discipline (for grad school applications), Fourth, and most important of all, dropping the course is out of the question, simply because I REFUSE to be INTIMIDATED by idiots like her. Fifth, no, I will not go and talk to her, because I refuse to acknowledge that she is the "ultimate authority" on any of the philosophers we are discussing. Sixth, a D exam, as she said today in class, is a disaster - i.e. she will give you 10/25 on questions even if you were totally off - maybe like talking about rocket science thinking that is what Plato was talking about... It is obvious, and I am confident in my knowledge, that my test was worth at least a B. In fact, I would've been satisfied even with a C if it came down to that. But a D is simply unacceptable for the level of analysis I had presented.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.