DAB Radios

Old Apr 1st 2008, 2:49 pm
Forum Regular

lochdaz-of-blantyre has much to be proud oflochdaz-of-blantyre has much to be proud oflochdaz-of-blantyre has much to be proud oflochdaz-of-blantyre has much to be proud oflochdaz-of-blantyre has much to be proud oflochdaz-of-blantyre has much to be proud oflochdaz-of-blantyre has much to be proud oflochdaz-of-blantyre has much to be proud oflochdaz-of-blantyre has much to be proud oflochdaz-of-blantyre has much to be proud oflochdaz-of-blantyre has much to be proud of
Default Re: DAB Radios

Originally Posted by goatherder
check this out.

http://www.rokulabs.com/products_soundbridgeradio.php

This is what I use. It connects to the internet and is smaller than lugging your PC around

Works in the UK with no problem at all. Sometimes the BBC blocks out non UK ip addresses and you can't access but if you look at the forum on the site it lists how to get around it if you need to.

Only available in the US but I've ordered them to be delivered to Singapore and they work fine.

Currently in the UK and works fine - just lurking around here coz I'm thinking of moving to the sandpit.
If you're a fan of the Rokulabs devices you'll also like the toy i bought myself...http://www.slimdevices.com/pi_transporter.html

Daz
Old Apr 2nd 2008, 11:36 am
Forum Regular

goatherder is just really nicegoatherder is just really nicegoatherder is just really nicegoatherder is just really nicegoatherder is just really nicegoatherder is just really nicegoatherder is just really nicegoatherder is just really nice

eek 1999 USD is a bit... But it does look pretty sweet!
Old Apr 2nd 2008, 11:38 am
Forum Regular

lochdaz-of-blantyre has much to be proud oflochdaz-of-blantyre has much to be proud oflochdaz-of-blantyre has much to be proud oflochdaz-of-blantyre has much to be proud oflochdaz-of-blantyre has much to be proud oflochdaz-of-blantyre has much to be proud oflochdaz-of-blantyre has much to be proud oflochdaz-of-blantyre has much to be proud oflochdaz-of-blantyre has much to be proud oflochdaz-of-blantyre has much to be proud oflochdaz-of-blantyre has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by goatherder
eek 1999 USD is a bit... But it does look pretty sweet!
The sound is awesome! Only thing I'd say is you need to ensure you rip CD's at more than 96Kps to get the best from it.

Daz
Old Apr 2nd 2008, 11:58 am
Forum Regular

goatherder is just really nicegoatherder is just really nicegoatherder is just really nicegoatherder is just really nicegoatherder is just really nicegoatherder is just really nicegoatherder is just really nicegoatherder is just really nice

and then not play it thru my sh1te computer speakers using the 3.5 m cable!
Old Apr 2nd 2008, 12:23 pm
Forum Regular

BlackCloud is a jewel in the roughBlackCloud is a jewel in the roughBlackCloud is a jewel in the roughBlackCloud is a jewel in the roughBlackCloud is a jewel in the rough

You can get an internet radio tuner much cheaper than the version recommended earlier in this thread. Go into a UK Curry's you will see several models e.g. Logik model at 49.99 works ok or there is also one sold by Aldi every 6 months or so. Difference is they do not have wifi so they have to connect to a cable direct from your router (the flashing light 'modem thingy' that plugs into the wall). If you have an Etisalat router use the network cable. Wifi would just allow you to place it anywhere cable free. If you get a model with an output socket for earphones or line out you can connect to your hifi for better sound. Scores of radio channels available. Haven't seen any of these radios here but I haven't really been looking.

Thing I have found with Etisalat is that their data streaming tends to be a bit intermittant causing occasional pausing at peak periods. Maybe it's just where I am in the city.