Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Czech - Getting a Visa

Czech - Getting a Visa

Old Apr 21st 2008, 11:40 am
Just Joined

jambob is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Czech - Getting a Visa

I am due to receive a job offer over the next few weeks (i hope) and if all goes to plan will be moving to Dubai.
My girlfriend is Czech and i need to know if she will have any problems getting either a visiting visa or residency.
The embassy website does not say anything about Czech.
Any one have any info on this??
Old Apr 21st 2008, 11:47 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Inselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Czech - Getting a Visa

Originally Posted by jambob
I am due to receive a job offer over the next few weeks (i hope) and if all goes to plan will be moving to Dubai.
My girlfriend is Czech and i need to know if she will have any problems getting either a visiting visa or residency.
The embassy website does not say anything about Czech.
Any one have any info on this??
yes she will have problems.

Although the CR is in the EU they cannot yet get Visas upon arrival. You will not be able to sponsor her unless you pop the question and get hitched before coming out here.

She would have no problem getting residence if she finds an employer/sponsor to get it for her.
Old Apr 21st 2008, 12:42 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Inselaffen
yes she will have problems.

Although the CR is in the EU they cannot yet get Visas upon arrival. You will not be able to sponsor her unless you pop the question and get hitched before coming out here.

She would have no problem getting residence if she finds an employer/sponsor to get it for her.
Thanks for the quick reply. i have found it a nightmare trying to find this information. She works in childcare and there are loads of english nurseries out there. Most require her to be on husband or fathers visa to work for them. Is this common?

Shes happy to work in bars, restaurant whatever really. Can you then change sponsor if she finds work else where?

sorry for all the questions but i am expecting an offer over the next few days and we are short of decent information to see if this will work out for us.

Old Apr 21st 2008, 1:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

jvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond repute

Shes happy to work in bars, restaurant whatever really. Can you then change sponsor if she finds work else where?
Does she know the market wage for that type of work over here?
Old Apr 21st 2008, 1:52 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

shakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jvr20
Does she know the market wage for that type of work over here?
Bar work doesn't pay well here... There is a small market for European nannies with commensurate wages - search the threads, there were a couple of addresses for agencies that source employment for European nannies....
Old Apr 21st 2008, 2:06 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Inselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the quick reply. i have found it a nightmare trying to find this information. She works in childcare and there are loads of english nurseries out there. Most require her to be on husband or fathers visa to work for them. Is this common?

sorry for all the questions but i am expecting an offer over the next few days and we are short of decent information to see if this will work out for us.

in bar or restaurant work she would probably earn less than 5000 dhs per month for 10-12 hours a day 6 days a week
Old Apr 21st 2008, 2:40 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Inselaffen
in bar or restaurant work she would probably earn less than 5000 dhs per month for 10-12 hours a day 6 days a week
Thanks for that because i was not aware. maybe bar work isnt the answer then!!

Nursery jobs must pay better though? she is a trained classroom assistant for young kids.
Old Apr 21st 2008, 2:42 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Madam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for that because i was not aware. maybe bar work isnt the answer then!!

Nursery jobs must pay better though? she is a trained classroom assistant for young kids.
classroom assistants tend to be filipinas here, don't think the salary is particularly good, but i may be wrong...

MM, xx
Old Apr 21st 2008, 2:50 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Madam Medusa
classroom assistants tend to be filipinas here, don't think the salary is particularly good, but i may be wrong...

MM, xx
She has no experience for office work.. is it normally hard to get ok paid jobs for admin and such. she would only need about 6K a month