Reload this Page >

Cypriot Marriage Certificate

Cypriot Marriage Certificate

Old Jul 20th 2008, 5:11 pm
Just Joined

Diane Parkins is an unknown quantity at this point
Wink Cypriot Marriage Certificate

Hello

I am moving to Dubai end of August with my Hisband and 6 year old daughter and we have just found out that our Cypriot mariage certificate needs loads of stuff done to it before it will be accepted by the UAE Embassy in London, we are thinking of just getting another civil ceremony done her in the UK to save all the hassle, has anyone else found a way round this problem.

Still could be cool two anniversary pressies from hubby each year:
Old Jul 20th 2008, 5:14 pm
hmmmm...nice

MataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Cypriot Marriage Certificate

Originally Posted by Diane Parkins
Hello

I am moving to Dubai end of August with my Hisband and 6 year old daughter and we have just found out that our Cypriot mariage certificate needs loads of stuff done to it before it will be accepted by the UAE Embassy in London, we are thinking of just getting another civil ceremony done her in the UK to save all the hassle, has anyone else found a way round this problem.

the fun of that will wear off in a few years...

anyway...welcome to the forum...
Old Jul 20th 2008, 5:28 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

Hello

Get divorced, come out here separately, then remarry in Dubai..........

And no, I'm not joking.......
Old Jul 20th 2008, 5:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

MrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond repute

Hello

wont save the hassle hun, the wedding certificate still needs to be stamped by the British embassy in london then the UAE embassy.

Ive also got a Cypriot marriage cert, i had to go to the Cypriot office, wait in the que, got it stamped, then off to the british embassy for them to stamp it all before going to the UAE embassy for them to stamp it. Cypriot to say that it is a cypriot marriage cert, british to say that yes the cypriot says it is real, the UAE to stamp to say yes the british say it is real because the cypriot say it is real!

A full day in london on various tube trains, fricken nightmare but had to be done! I posted a on this a while ago, cant even remember what i titled it (attested process or something) but it tells you exactly what tubes to get and the office times. There are apparently some solicitiors that will do it all for you, dont know the cost.

Let me know if you need anymore info.
Old Jul 20th 2008, 5:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

MrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The Dean
Get divorced, come out here separately, then remarry in Dubai..........

And no, I'm not joking.......
Whey aye.... now that sounds straight forward!!!! I should have though of that rather than spending a day in London!!
Old Jul 20th 2008, 7:14 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Inselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MrsHaps
wont save the hassle hun, the wedding certificate still needs to be stamped by the British embassy in london then the UAE embassy.

Ive also got a Cypriot marriage cert, i had to go to the Cypriot office, wait in the que, got it stamped, then off to the british embassy for them to stamp it all before going to the UAE embassy for them to stamp it. Cypriot to say that it is a cypriot marriage cert, british to say that yes the cypriot says it is real, the UAE to stamp to say yes the british say it is real because the cypriot say it is real!

A full day in london on various tube trains, fricken nightmare but had to be done! I posted a on this a while ago, cant even remember what i titled it (attested process or something) but it tells you exactly what tubes to get and the office times. There are apparently some solicitiors that will do it all for you, dont know the cost.

i never knew we had an embassy in London
Old Jul 21st 2008, 5:19 am
Go on.. Pull my finger..

TGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Inselaffen
Its because you are becoming a minority in your own country.......
Old Jul 21st 2008, 5:21 am
BE Enthusiast

Embassy, consulate..... they all equal QUES!!!!!!!
Old Jul 21st 2008, 5:29 am

Norm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond repute

It's not official as the government hasn't renamed it Londonistan yet but the Embassy is up and running to deal with visa issues for people traveling to other countries like Oxfordshire, Wales etc

N.
Old Jul 21st 2008, 5:30 am
Go on.. Pull my finger..

TGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond repute

Embassy, consulate..... they all equal QUES!!!!!!!
So what is the UK's standing with Britain? Do we get a consulate, an embassy or a mission???
Old Jul 21st 2008, 7:21 am
Here comes the Sun

twinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond repute

Did it have to be translated from cypriot to Arabic anywhere along the line?
And when you say solicitors do you mean out here or back in the the cold UK?
Old Jul 21st 2008, 7:22 am
BE Forum Addict

Karlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond reputeKarlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond reputeKarlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond reputeKarlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond reputeKarlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond reputeKarlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond reputeKarlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond reputeKarlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond reputeKarlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond reputeKarlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond reputeKarlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond repute

For Info - You can have your marriage certificate stamped in both the embassies in Abu Dhabi

Work are currenty sorting mine out, 2 x kids birth certs & 1 x marriage certs 900Dhm !

Saves messing about in London !
Old Jul 21st 2008, 8:08 am
Here comes the Sun

twinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Karlos The Jackal
For Info - You can have your marriage certificate stamped in both the embassies in Abu Dhabi

Work are currenty sorting mine out, 2 x kids birth certs & 1 x marriage certs 900Dhm !

Saves messing about in London !
I got married in mexico so have the same situation of getting the cert stamped by the embassy's. I dont think my hubbies work do it?
They only do the visa!
Old Jul 21st 2008, 12:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by twinkle-star
Did it have to be translated from cypriot to Arabic anywhere along the line?
And when you say solicitors do you mean out here or back in the the cold UK?

I was told there was solicitors in the UK who would, for a fee, take care of all attested documentation.

As for it being transcribed, i presume this has been done here however it had to be attested before we arrived. To be honest i have seen it since we arrived almost 7 weeks ago. Saying that i still dont have my spouse visa back so i can only presume it is with my passport.
Old Jul 23rd 2008, 10:15 pm
Just Joined

Diane Parkins is an unknown quantity at this point

At last managed to find the right place in Cyprus to send the marriage certificate to (I hope) now on its way there by DHL will post the details if it all comes back completed.