CV--Header

Old Sep 25th 2007, 3:32 am
Forum Regular

fritztastic is just really nicefritztastic is just really nicefritztastic is just really nicefritztastic is just really nicefritztastic is just really nicefritztastic is just really nicefritztastic is just really nicefritztastic is just really nice
Default CV--Header

I've noticed the header on a resume used in Dubai is slightly different that the West--can someone confirm the following are correct, and in the correct order? Thanks!

Full Name
Occupation
Birthdate
Marital Status
Nationality
Current Location

Also, how do you explain on a resume you're looking for work in Dubai, and not yet there? I was thinking of including something akin to "Dubai relocation imminent. Prepared to travel for interview, relocate immediately."

thanks for your help!
Old Sep 25th 2007, 5:14 am
Account Closed

lionheart is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: CV--Header

Originally Posted by fritztastic
I've noticed the header on a resume used in Dubai is slightly different that the West--can someone confirm the following are correct, and in the correct order? Thanks!

Full Name
Occupation
Birthdate
Marital Status
Nationality
Current Location

Also, how do you explain on a resume you're looking for work in Dubai, and not yet there? I was thinking of including something akin to "Dubai relocation imminent. Prepared to travel for interview, relocate immediately."

thanks for your help!
Sorry but who gives a toss about what order the headings are placed in? As for the Dubai aspect, just say "No objection to living in abject poverty, being treated as a second class citizen and walking to work" and you should be okay.
Old Sep 25th 2007, 5:23 am
hmmmm...nice

MataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lionheart
Sorry but who gives a toss about what order the headings are placed in? As for the Dubai aspect, just say "No objection to living in abject poverty, being treated as a second class citizen and walking to work" and you should be okay.
did you not have a fun night or something....
Old Sep 25th 2007, 5:30 am
Forum Regular

fritztastic is just really nicefritztastic is just really nicefritztastic is just really nicefritztastic is just really nicefritztastic is just really nicefritztastic is just really nicefritztastic is just really nicefritztastic is just really nice

Originally Posted by MataHari
you've been really helpful ;(
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

Oh dear - someone got a crap, poorly paid job then?

Fritztastic - don't worry too much abou the order. Just make sure it is logical and no longer than 2 pages. Explain your circumstances in a covering letter.
Account Closed

Still over in Fujairah with my African friends...driving back tomorrow...I just fail to understand why anyone in their right mind would actively look to move here from the USA... but maybe it's the tax incentive or a love of Islam.
Old Sep 25th 2007, 5:39 am
hmmmm...nice

MataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond repute

Still over in Fujairah with my African friends...driving back tomorrow...I just fail to understand why anyone in their right mind would actively look to move here from the USA... but maybe it's the tax incentive or a love of Islam.
We chose to come here over going to America...and I am happy we did
Old Sep 25th 2007, 5:48 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Meow
Fritztastic - don't worry too much abou the order. Just make sure it is logical and no longer than 2 pages. Explain your circumstances in a covering letter.
thanks--it is helpful.

I'm moving from the US for the experience. I've lived abroad twice (rome, hong kong), and would like one more go of it. I'm 35, recently single, debt-free...in short, nothing holding my back.

I'm not to keen on foreign languages, so I need a place where English is dominant, and jobs can be had. and dubai fits the bill. plus, i've never been there, and it seems like such a "now" city.

i live in los angeles, so cost of living seems similar. i live a modest life, so i'm not too worried about the costs.
Old Sep 25th 2007, 5:50 am
Account Closed

We chose to come here over going to America...and I am happy we did
Maybe its the mosque just opposite the entrance to my villa which gets me down...its almost all night, every night these days...glad to escape to Fujairah, although its dry here with no liquor licence...my misses is begging me to relocate to California, mainly for the sake of our daughter.
Old Sep 25th 2007, 5:55 am
BE Forum Addict

jvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond repute

Maybe its the mosque just opposite the entrance to my villa which gets me down...its almost all night, every night these days...glad to escape to Fujairah, although its dry here with no liquor licence...my misses is begging me to relocate to California, mainly for the sake of our daughter.
you live in a villa and talk of being poorly paid...
Old Sep 25th 2007, 5:59 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

shakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond repute

A lot of companies over here seem to like a photograph with the CV.....

FWIW, my feeling is that the UAE's pros out-weigh its cons, but inevitably that's going to depend on the person & the circumstance. There are really only 3 major factors that a person can change in their lives - where they live, where they work & their relationship. Moving abroad involves changing at least two if not all three of these!
Old Sep 25th 2007, 5:59 am
BE Forum Addict

jvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond repute

I've noticed the header on a resume used in Dubai is slightly different that the West
is this true?

In any case even in the West there are differences (traditionally) between say a British and an American CV/Resume... like the 'profile' section that comes at the very top on an American one, where it's a two-liner saying something like "XYZ is seeking to do such and such and further his experience in so and so field", which I didn't like at first but it's becoming more common even in the UK and can really add something to the CV.

I don't think an American resume style will look too out of place here to be honest. If it's what you're most familiar with I'd say think about just going for it.
Old Sep 25th 2007, 6:02 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by jvr20
you live in a villa and talk of being poorly paid...
At no time have I said I am poorly paid...others have said that on my behalf...unlike the 25 others sharing my bathroom!
Old Sep 25th 2007, 6:36 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Inselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond repute

At no time have I said I am poorly paid...others have said that on my behalf...unlike the 25 others sharing my bathroom!
do they also have University Degrees in International Relations?
Old Sep 25th 2007, 6:48 am
Pog mo thoin

Miss Eck has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Eck has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Eck has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Eck has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Eck has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Eck has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Eck has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Eck has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Eck has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Eck has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Eck has a reputation beyond repute

Full Name
Occupation
Birthdate
Marital Status
Nationality
Current Location

thanks for your help!
I see lots of different formats of CVs land on my desk. I had one turn up in PowerPoint a few days ago which was dreadful!

What industry are you in?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.