Reload this Page >

Customer Service work in Dubai

Customer Service work in Dubai

Old Oct 30th 2004, 5:50 pm
Just Joined

lewis is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Customer Service work in Dubai

Hi There,

Im new to this forum and just wanted to introduce myself and ask a few questions etc.

My name's Lewis and I live in Surrey, UK.

I am thinking of going to work in Dubai. I have approx 5 years of experience in Customer Service / Call centre work. What kind of work and oppurtunities are available to me and kind of salary?

Thanks for your help.
Old Oct 30th 2004, 5:52 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Customer Service work in Dubai

Originally Posted by lewis
Hi There,

Im new to this forum and just wanted to introduce myself and ask a few questions etc.
Read the to FAQ's at the root of this forum for a rough idea of what's out there...

and welcome to the site
Old Oct 30th 2004, 5:55 pm
Just Joined

Great, thanks Bob.

Last edited by lewis; Oct 30th 2004 at 6:19 pm.
Old Oct 31st 2004, 2:47 am

Heart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=lewis]Hi There,

Hi Lewis...

Welcome, sit back and enjoy the ride! Hope you find what you need, Karma coming your way
Old Oct 31st 2004, 3:29 am
Premium Member

Truth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=Heart of gold]
Hi There,

Hi Lewis...

Welcome, sit back and enjoy the ride! Hope you find what you need, Karma coming your way
heart - yr choice of words could be construes by some as rather provocative. What ride??

Give us some Karma ...............please
Old Oct 31st 2004, 4:10 am

Heart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Truth Speak
heart - yr choice of words could be construes by some as rather provocative. What ride??

Give us some Karma ...............please

The ride .... Is, the ups and downs of this forum, as we know it goes from one extreame to another.

I am all karma'd out .. On a 24 hour ban for now.
Old Oct 31st 2004, 4:12 am
Premium Member

Truth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Heart of gold
The ride .... Is, the ups and downs of this forum, as we know it goes from one extreame to another.

I am all karma'd out .. On a 24 hour ban for now.
Okeydokey
Old Nov 2nd 2004, 8:05 pm
Just Joined

[QUOTE=Heart of gold]
Hi There,
Hi Lewis...

Thanks Heart of gold, by the way what's a karma?
Old Nov 5th 2004, 8:14 pm
Just Joined

Hi Guys,

Me again. I have looked at the threads Bob gave, but they dont seem to have what im looking for. Are there customer service / call centre jobs for expats? if so what kind of money are we looking at.

Thanks in advance, Sorry to be a pain!
Old Nov 5th 2004, 10:50 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Me again. I have looked at the threads Bob gave, but they dont seem to have what im looking for. Are there customer service / call centre jobs for expats? if so what kind of money are we looking at.
I wouldn't hav a clue if there are any, best bet maybe to do a search for service companies out there like the banks for instance and see where they have centres....but isn't it a bit extreme to move out there for that kind of work?
Old Nov 6th 2004, 6:25 am
The Oracle

Face81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of light

Hi Guys,

Thanks in advance, Sorry to be a pain!
Hi Lewis and welcome to the forum.

Karma is represented by the little blue boxes above everyones name... U can give it to someone by clicking on the 'karma' button on the bottom left side of the post of a person u want to Karma. You then leavce ur name and a message and hopefully u will get some in return. Just gave u some to start u off!

There are customer service/call centre jobs for expats at hotels, banks and prolly at some malls aswell. Not too sure about pay though.

Found these job listings at Banks in Dubai... seems to have to do with call centres..... have a look:
http://www.****************/banking.html

And I also found this news story, dated June 2004:
"Dubai Outsource Zone, the world’s first ‘free zone’ dedicated to outsourcing

Posted Jun 20, 2004, 5:33 AM ET by Subramony S.

As Business Process Outsourcing matures, more countries are jumping into the fray inspired by India’s early success in the industry,

Dubai Internet City today announced the Dubai Outsource Zone (DOZ), the world’s first ‘free zone’ dedicated to the outsourcing industry. The announcement was made by Dr. Omar Bin Sulaiman, CEO of Dubai Internet City at Europe’s biggest conference on outsourcing, Outsource World held in London. Dubai Outsource Zone will provide a comprehensive infrastructure and environment for outsourcing companies to set up global or regional hubs servicing the worldwide market. DOZ’s offering includes 100% exemption from taxes, arguably the world’s most reliable technology and communications infrastructure, a one-stop shop of support services and the best possible working environment."

So I guess u might want to look at the Internet City's website aswell:
http://www.dubaiinternetcity.com/

Hope that helps.
Old Nov 6th 2004, 12:20 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Bob
I wouldn't hav a clue if there are any, best bet maybe to do a search for service companies out there like the banks for instance and see where they have centres....but isn't it a bit extreme to move out there for that kind of work?
Thanks Bob, will do. I know that there is demand for Customer service work for expats but just need to find out where really. Im sure that being tax free i'd lose nothing in coming out especially as im in management.

Thanks for your help anyway.
Old Nov 6th 2004, 12:23 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Face81
Hi Lewis and welcome to the forum.

Karma is represented by the little blue boxes above everyones name... U can give it to someone by clicking on the 'karma' button on the bottom left side of the post of a person u want to Karma. You then leavce ur name and a message and hopefully u will get some in return. Just gave u some to start u off!

There are customer service/call centre jobs for expats at hotels, banks and prolly at some malls aswell. Not too sure about pay though.

Hope that helps.
Great! thanks Face. Now that's the reply i've been waiting for
Had a look at the links and they have proved very helpful.

Thanks once again.
Old Nov 6th 2004, 2:29 pm
The Oracle

Face81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of light

Great! thanks Face. Now that's the reply i've been waiting for
Had a look at the links and they have proved very helpful.

Thanks once again.
No probs Lewis. Thats wot we are here for......ask and u shall receive! LOL..... When u planning on heading out to the desert anyway?