British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Middle East (https://britishexpats.com/forum/middle-east-60/)
-   -   Curtain Makers (https://britishexpats.com/forum/middle-east-60/curtain-makers-273963/)

Heart of gold Dec 28th 2004 5:36 am

Curtain Makers

With time racing past, I need to find a good but reasonable curtain maker who would also make some Austrian blinds.

Please dont suggest Sedar cos I dont like em! Cheers guys :)

Jammy_Dodgers Dec 28th 2004 6:01 am

Re: Curtain Makers

Originally Posted by Heart of gold
With time racing past, I need to find a good but reasonable curtain maker who would also make some Austrian blinds.

Ikea make curtains. Just choose the fabric and tell em what you want.

joseph.creative Dec 28th 2004 7:22 am

and the blinds are also bloody good as well. We use them at the house in South Glos. No point in wasting money.

Heart of gold Dec 28th 2004 10:13 am

Originally Posted by Jammy_Dodgers
Ikea make curtains. Just choose the fabric and tell em what you want.

I went looking yesterday and though I found two kinds I liked, they are all way to short!!!

Jammy_Dodgers Dec 28th 2004 10:14 am

I went looking yesterday and though I found two kinds I liked, they are all way to short!!!

As you walk through to the curtain area, there is a little area witha table where they make them to order.....just grab a salesperson and they will sort it out !

Heart of gold Dec 28th 2004 10:15 am

Originally Posted by joseph.creative
and the blinds are also bloody good as well. We use them at the house in South Glos. No point in wasting money.

I like the blinds, they are versitile, but still to short.. You will find that you will have to have all curtains made as what is is out there is far to short ... Thats why Im looking for a reasonable price tailor.

Jellybean Dec 28th 2004 1:25 pm

I like the blinds, they are versitile, but still to short.. You will find that you will have to have all curtains made as what is is out there is far to short ... Thats why Im looking for a reasonable price tailor.

Drive through Satwa, somebody will sort you out Heart. I ventured there only last week to get the PS 2 chipped and had great success and more. Saw loads of fabric shops I am sure somebody can sort you out. :)

Heart of gold Dec 28th 2004 1:38 pm

Originally Posted by Jellybean
Drive through Satwa, somebody will sort you out Heart. I ventured there only last week to get the PS 2 chipped and had great success and more. Saw loads of fabric shops I am sure somebody can sort you out. :)

Thanks Jools.... I really dont want to spend thousands upon thousands ++ for what I need. Found some place in Bur Dubai cant remember the name and was given a price but as I have pleated blinds for my sons b'room I weould prefer to match the other windows..... God Im a fussy cow!!! :)

Jellybean Dec 28th 2004 1:57 pm

Thanks Jools.... I really dont want to spend thousands upon thousands ++ for what I need. Found some place in Bur Dubai cant remember the name and was given a price but as I have pleated blinds for my sons b'room I weould prefer to match the other windows..... God Im a fussy cow!!! :)

Really Heart you can park easily and walk the length of the street. I will come with u if u like. Take a sample I am sure they will be able to help. I know Feshwari have a branch there, I had all my curtains done by them but am indifferent with the result.

Good luck

Jools
xx

LakesLassie Dec 29th 2004 3:05 am

Hi Heart, hope you had a good Xmas! Have you tried Feshwari? There's one in Satwa and one on SZR. They supply all the fittings etc as well as making made to measure stuff and they also do upholstery. I told them I didn't want to spend too much & they were good at keeping me away from the dearer stuff! Have heard of a lot of folk who have used them too.

Heart of gold Dec 29th 2004 3:15 am

Originally Posted by LakesLassie
Hi Heart, hope you had a good Xmas! Have you tried Feshwari? There's one in Satwa and one on SZR. They supply all the fittings etc as well as making made to measure stuff and they also do upholstery. I told them I didn't want to spend too much & they were good at keeping me away from the dearer stuff! Have heard of a lot of folk who have used them too.

Morning LL.... I had a great Xmas thanks and you? :) Im going to feshwari this weekend to get some quotes, Im not want all those fittings that come on runners with the pull strings just the curtains with 3" heading tapes as I have alot of tracking from the uk and so Im loathed to buy more.
Up holstery... would that include chair covering ..

LakesLassie Dec 29th 2004 5:11 am

Morning LL.... I had a great Xmas thanks and you? :) Im going to feshwari this weekend to get some quotes, Im not want all those fittings that come on runners with the pull strings just the curtains with 3" heading tapes as I have alot of tracking from the uk and so Im loathed to buy more.
Up holstery... would that include chair covering ..

Had a great time Heart - ate too much, drank too much - just the usual! :D

ANyway, yes Feshwari do chairs covers, bean bags, anything you want basically. I've heard of people getting them to make sofas for them. They would also do your curtains to fit your existing tracks. They come to measure up & also fit everything as part of the price too. Any header you wanted too I suppose.

I'm pleased with what they did for me. Nice selection of fabrics too.

Heart of gold Dec 29th 2004 5:40 am

Originally Posted by LakesLassie
Had a great time Heart - ate too much, drank too much - just the usual! :D

ANyway, yes Feshwari do chairs covers, bean bags, anything you want basically. I've heard of people getting them to make sofas for them. They would also do your curtains to fit your existing tracks. They come to measure up & also fit everything as part of the price too. Any header you wanted too I suppose.

I'm pleased with what they did for me. Nice selection of fabrics too.

Pleased to hear I was not the only one eating and drinking to much though I fell of the chair!

Beanbags ... are we referring to th eproper shaped ones that you find in argos??

These are the tracks from argos actually, the plastic white tracking... Im a simple lass and cant bear boxed heading, and all that fancy stuff that hangs around the windows, swishing and just hanging there :)

joseph.creative Dec 29th 2004 6:46 am

Pleased to hear I was not the only one eating and drinking to much though I fell of the chair!

Beanbags ... are we referring to th eproper shaped ones that you find in argos??

These are the tracks from argos actually, the plastic white tracking... Im a simple lass and cant bear boxed heading, and all that fancy stuff that hangs around the windows, swishing and just hanging there :)

expatwomen.com would be proud of this thread.

Mind you, do u make ur maid go and get the material for you or do u do it urself. However as most people seem to be making their maids cook outside, those who have not been soaked to the bone with the recent dubai rain would probably oput the curtains on the other side of the window as they hav been made to live outside.

trying to get back up to full scarcasim mode before my return.

Heart of gold Dec 29th 2004 6:51 am

Originally Posted by joseph.creative
expatwomen.com would be proud of this thread.

Mind you, do u make ur maid go and get the material for you or do u do it urself. However as most people seem to be making their maids cook outside, those who have not been soaked to the bone with the recent dubai rain would probably oput the curtains on the other side of the window as they hav been made to live outside.

trying to get back up to full scarcasim mode before my return.

Joe, your almost there! God that tickled me.:D