Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Cultural Understanding

Cultural Understanding

Old Jan 8th 2006, 12:23 pm
Banned

CasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond repute
Default Cultural Understanding

Ok peeps,

This morning I went to DEWA to pay my elc & water bills which I always do after 3 months of acumalting water and elect.

There were two long queue's and in those queue's there were Expat ladies...! I couldn't understand why they were standing on the queue to pay their bills.

after a wait of 30mins It was almost 12.45 and at 1.00 the counter closes down, so I really felt to tell these ladies that they dont need to stand in the Queue!!! Simply because they are women.

I reached the counter just 10mins before it closes but my conscious told me to inform these ladies not to stand in queue but rather go straight to the counter... which they all did but all infront of me. nevermind

Please Inform your mises, your sister and most importantly yourself That as a Female YOU DONOT NEED TO STAND ON A QUEUE!

This apply's in all Gov./public sectors.
Old Jan 8th 2006, 12:38 pm
Forum Regular

Peterrod is just really nicePeterrod is just really nicePeterrod is just really nicePeterrod is just really nicePeterrod is just really nicePeterrod is just really nicePeterrod is just really nicePeterrod is just really nicePeterrod is just really nice
Default Re: Cultural Understanding

Originally Posted by CasaNova
Ok peeps,

This morning I went to DEWA to pay my elc & water bills which I always do after 3 months of acumalting water and elect.

There were two long queue's and in those queue's there were Expat ladies...! I couldn't understand why they were standing on the queue to pay their bills.

after a wait of 30mins It was almost 12.45 and at 1.00 the counter closes down, so I really felt to tell these ladies that they dont need to stand in the Queue!!! Simply because they are women.

I reached the counter just 10mins before it closes but my conscious told me to inform these ladies not to stand in queue but rather go straight to the counter... which they all did but all infront of me. nevermind

Please Inform your mises, your sister and most importantly yourself That as a Female YOU DONOT NEED TO STAND ON A QUEUE!

This apply's in all Gov./public sectors.
Cas.

You are one of the Great Dubai Gentlemen.

God Bless You.

Peter.
Old Jan 8th 2006, 12:50 pm
Banned

CasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Peterrod
Cas.

You are one of the Great Dubai Gentlemen.

God Bless You.

Peter.

Thank you Mr. Rods, I also had to take some abuse from guys who were waiting behind me as I was letting the females go ahead of the lane...!

I hope those guys behind me managed to pay before the counter closed.
Old Jan 8th 2006, 1:31 pm
Forum Regular

Peterrod is just really nicePeterrod is just really nicePeterrod is just really nicePeterrod is just really nicePeterrod is just really nicePeterrod is just really nicePeterrod is just really nicePeterrod is just really nicePeterrod is just really nice

Thank you Mr. Rods, I also had to take some abuse from guys who were waiting behind me as I was letting the females go ahead of the lane...!

I hope those guys behind me managed to pay before the counter closed.
Cas.

Sticks and stones can break your bones, but words can not,

They should remember that for your good deeds you will go up another rung on your ladder to Heaven and for their abuse it will be one more step for them down their road to Hell.

Peter.
Old Jan 8th 2006, 1:35 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

shoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud of

Cas.

They should remember that for your good deeds you will go up another rung on your ladder to Heaven and for their abuse it will be one more step for them down their road to Hell.

Peter.
I think one of you should run for president...And the other one should run for his life....
Old Jan 8th 2006, 1:36 pm
Melts in your Mouth

Malteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by shoushou
I think one of you should run for president...And the other one should run for his life....
Old Jan 8th 2006, 1:40 pm
Banned

Cas.

Peter.

Mr. Peter,

I know my guardian Angel is looking after me and I have full faith, God Punishment comes with out any sound or an warning. I am sure some of those guy have already been electricutcated.

Wish you and your loved family Eid Mubarak.

Regards,

CasaNova.
Old Jan 8th 2006, 1:45 pm
Forum Regular

In order to start running now, which one of us will you be after with your Bow and Arrow.
Old Jan 8th 2006, 1:48 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

shoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud of

In order to start running now, which one of us will you be after with your Bow and Arrow.
You with the bow,Cas with the arrow....
You both will be running hand in hand....
Old Jan 8th 2006, 1:49 pm
Forum Regular

Mr. Peter,

I know my guardian Angel is looking after me and I have full faith, God Punishment comes with out any sound or an warning. I am sure some of those guy have already been electricutcated.

Wish you and your loved family Eid Mubarak.

Regards,

CasaNova.
Shukran, Eid Mabrouk to you and your family.
Old Jan 8th 2006, 1:59 pm
Forum Regular

You with the bow,Cas with the arrow....
You both will be running hand in hand....
Cas (Minister of Foreign Affairs)

As you are now in Dubai and I am out of the country please make a peace pipe offering in reply to this threat and solve the problem diplomatically with out causing an Indian Tribal war.

Peter (President)
Old Jan 8th 2006, 2:01 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Cas (Minister of Foreign Affairs)

As you are now in Dubai and I am out of the country please make a peace pipe offering in reply to this threat and solve the problem diplomatically with out causing an Indian Tribal war.

Peter (President)
Let me invite you to a Peace Pipe smoking ceremony.
Barry the hatchett,anyone????
Old Jan 8th 2006, 2:07 pm
Forum Regular

Let me invite you to a Peace Pipe smoking ceremony.
Barry the hatchett,anyone????
Cas.

While attending the ceremony, remember do not press the button on your remote control and let off a Tomahawk Missile.

Peter.
Old Jan 8th 2006, 2:12 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Cas.

While attending the ceremony, remember do not press the button on your remote control and let off a Tomahawk Missile.

Peter.
Why not???Is it that smelly????
Old Jan 8th 2006, 2:16 pm
Forum Regular

Why not???Is it that smelly????
Cas.

Your the expert on this,creep in to his tent tonight while he is asleep and pluck out all his feathers, then when he wakes up in the morning he will have Culture Understanding.

Peter.

Last edited by Peterrod; Jan 8th 2006 at 2:18 pm.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.