Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Crowne Plaza - SZR

Crowne Plaza - SZR

Old Apr 8th 2008, 10:59 am
BE Enthusiast

jrudofsky is a name known to alljrudofsky is a name known to alljrudofsky is a name known to alljrudofsky is a name known to alljrudofsky is a name known to alljrudofsky is a name known to alljrudofsky is a name known to alljrudofsky is a name known to alljrudofsky is a name known to alljrudofsky is a name known to alljrudofsky is a name known to all
Default Crowne Plaza - SZR

Has anyone heard that it is to be pulled down?
Old Apr 8th 2008, 11:06 am
hmmmm...nice

MataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Crowne Plaza - SZR

I heard it here first...
Old Apr 8th 2008, 11:08 am
Account Closed

lionheart is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by MataHari
I heard it here first...
And LH makes three so it must be true...
Old Apr 8th 2008, 11:10 am
BE Enthusiast

jrudofsky is a name known to alljrudofsky is a name known to alljrudofsky is a name known to alljrudofsky is a name known to alljrudofsky is a name known to alljrudofsky is a name known to alljrudofsky is a name known to alljrudofsky is a name known to alljrudofsky is a name known to alljrudofsky is a name known to alljrudofsky is a name known to all

As in from me?? A couple of people have mentioned it and I was thinking of taking office space there?! At least it will be cheap for a few months!
Old Apr 8th 2008, 11:12 am
Account Closed

lionheart is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by jrudofsky
As in from me?? A couple of people have mentioned it and I was thinking of taking office space there?! At least it will be cheap for a few months!
Are you deliberately spreading malicious rumours merely to get a reduction in your office rental? If so, it sounds like a good plan. By the way, I heard that Bin Ladin had targetted the Crowne Plaza for his next jet-crashing performance...if that helps
Old Apr 8th 2008, 11:21 am
BE Enthusiast

Good man....there is also a very local fault line running right underneath it....but it stops before the SZR!!!

More bo****x information i have been given then!
Old Apr 10th 2008, 9:54 am
Just Joined

Arty58 is an unknown quantity at this point

The C Plaza is defo coming down the reason being is there lease is up on the land with the government. The plan is to knock it down and to rebuild again as they feel it is outdated as its one of the first hotels built on the S. Zayed Road. The C P have another hotel which is completing soon and only when it is finished will the current C P be closed then all staff etc will be moved straight over.

Art.
Old Apr 10th 2008, 10:12 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

yes I had heard that it was going, the Metropolitan will be next. The Palm Hotel is closing at the end of May as is the Hard Rock cafe.
Old Apr 10th 2008, 10:18 am
BE Enthusiast

Crowne Plaza hotel is open in Festival City isn't it? They are building a business tower in Business Bay. The word, from not the most trustworthy staff in a certain office in CP is that it is unlikely to be knocked down because their is planning permission to build a multi-story car park behind it. In which case it would be difficult to bring in the big machinery. However, offices are not being leased past 31st December.