Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Crossing the Yellow Line (Driving on the shoulder of a street)

Crossing the Yellow Line (Driving on the shoulder of a street)

Old Jan 30th 2005, 4:30 am
The Delivery Man...

Nabs has much to be proud ofNabs has much to be proud ofNabs has much to be proud ofNabs has much to be proud ofNabs has much to be proud ofNabs has much to be proud ofNabs has much to be proud ofNabs has much to be proud ofNabs has much to be proud ofNabs has much to be proud ofNabs has much to be proud of
Thumbs down Crossing the Yellow Line (Driving on the shoulder of a street)

Subject: Crossing the Yellow Line (Driving on the shoulder of a street)

The Traffic Division greets you and wishes to draw your attention to a
serious traffic offence committed by drivers which is driving on the
shoulder of streets (crossing the yellow line).
As this is a grave offence and leads to reckless endangerment of the lives
of other drivers as well as being a grave breach of Traffic Law, the
Dubai
Police has decided to take firm action to stop this kind of offence
which
is as follows:
1. Impounding of vehicle for six months.
2. Applying the laws concerning fines and ancillaries thereof.
3. For those working as drivers, they must be deported and
proof of deportation must be provided.
4. Six black points are given.
5. The driving license shall be withdrawn in case of
committing this offense twice, and shall not be returned
to its owner until
he/she passes a difficult test and pays a fine of 3000
Dirhams.
6. After all of the above procedures have been completed, the
vehicle will be released.
Therefore, please pass this information to all of your colleagues and
acquaintances as well as drivers working for you or your company in
participation of our campaign to clarify this issue and to emphasize
that
any offense will not be tolerated and the above penalties shall be
applied
to all offenders to preserve the safety of all drivers and users of the
road, as well as to uphold the law.

Thank you and best regards,

Head of the Traffic Department

General: Abdul Rahman Mohammad Rafie
Old Jan 30th 2005, 4:44 am
Banned

Jellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Crossing the Yellow Line (Driving on the shoulder of a street)

What's wrong with that Nabs

Last edited by Jellybean; Jan 30th 2005 at 5:01 am.
Old Jan 30th 2005, 4:49 am
The Delivery Man...

Nabs has much to be proud ofNabs has much to be proud ofNabs has much to be proud ofNabs has much to be proud ofNabs has much to be proud ofNabs has much to be proud ofNabs has much to be proud ofNabs has much to be proud ofNabs has much to be proud ofNabs has much to be proud ofNabs has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Jellybean
What's wrong with that Nabs
This is for everyones info to avoid fines and getting in trouble!
Old Jan 30th 2005, 4:52 am
Banned

Jellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Nabs
This is for everyones info to avoid fines and getting in trouble!

Oh ok thanks Nabs I wondered why you put the thumbs down sign...I thought I had missed something, sorry
Old Jan 30th 2005, 4:55 am
The Delivery Man...

Originally Posted by Jellybean
Oh ok thanks Nabs I wondered why you put the thumbs down sign...I thought I had missed something, sorry
Crossing the yellow line is a bad thing, so fingers down
Old Jan 30th 2005, 5:01 am
Banned

Crossing the yellow line is a bad thing, so fingers down

Indeed it pisses me off no end LOL
Old Jan 30th 2005, 2:09 pm

Norm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond repute

Dubai
which
is as follows:
to its owner until
Dirhams.
that
applied

I'm glad they are putting this out. Although I saw it three or four times today and polices cars nearby did nothing so I'm not optimistic it will work....let's hope it does - too mant lives are wasted on the roads here.
Old Jan 30th 2005, 2:17 pm
The Oracle

Face81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of light

Dubai
which
is as follows:
to its owner until
Dirhams.
that
applied

gr8 rules........... poor driving skills.......... good police force..... bad law enforcement.

Need I say more?
Old Jan 30th 2005, 4:56 pm
Banned

DanMarsden is a name known to allDanMarsden is a name known to allDanMarsden is a name known to allDanMarsden is a name known to allDanMarsden is a name known to allDanMarsden is a name known to allDanMarsden is a name known to allDanMarsden is a name known to allDanMarsden is a name known to allDanMarsden is a name known to allDanMarsden is a name known to all

Bad driving skills? Nah, I don't think you've seen anything yet. I think "Israel" has the highest rates of traffic accidents and deaths in the entire world. And police enforcement? haha.. uhhh yeah, apparently, jews should not fine other jews.. ahem... and of course, the government is more concerned with the few deaths from "terrorism" twice a year than with the 20 or more people who die every day in road accidents.. But let's not even go there...
Old Jan 30th 2005, 5:01 pm
The Oracle

Face81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by DanMarsden
Bad driving skills? Nah, I don't think you've seen anything yet. I think "Israel" has the highest rates of traffic accidents and deaths in the entire world. And police enforcement? haha.. uhhh yeah, apparently, jews should not fine other jews.. ahem... and of course, the government is more concerned with the few deaths from "terrorism" twice a year than with the 20 or more people who die every day in road accident
sorry, but it is a proven statistic that the United Arab Emirates has the highest number of deaths due to traffic accidents, per capita in the World! This is a true fact. :scared:
Old Jan 30th 2005, 5:03 pm
semarang

novita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Face81
sorry, but it is a proven statistic that the United Arab Emirates has the highest number of deaths due to traffic accidents, per capita in the World! This is a true fact. :scared:
Face, driving in the middle east just so bloody scary !!!! :scared:
Old Jan 30th 2005, 5:20 pm
The Oracle

Originally Posted by novita77
Face, driving in the middle east just so bloody scary !!!! :scared:

u got that right! :scared: I have already lost 1 car! :scared:
Old Jan 30th 2005, 5:27 pm
Banned

DanMarsden is a name known to allDanMarsden is a name known to allDanMarsden is a name known to allDanMarsden is a name known to allDanMarsden is a name known to allDanMarsden is a name known to allDanMarsden is a name known to allDanMarsden is a name known to allDanMarsden is a name known to allDanMarsden is a name known to allDanMarsden is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Face81
Actually, no. Nowhere is UAE even mentioned in the top rankings, which I'm sure is not due to lack of data...

All you have to do is read ha'aretz to see how many such deaths occur every day. I've listened to Arab news all my life and haven't heard such a thing. And yes, they do report road fatalities in the news.
Old Jan 30th 2005, 5:38 pm
Just Incredible

karenb2 has a brilliant futurekarenb2 has a brilliant futurekarenb2 has a brilliant futurekarenb2 has a brilliant futurekarenb2 has a brilliant futurekarenb2 has a brilliant futurekarenb2 has a brilliant future
Angry Re: Crossing the Yellow Line (Driving on the shoulder of a street)

There are too many selfish arseholes on the roads in Dubai. They don't know how to be courteous to others. They just can't wait to get from A-B in the shortest and quickest route.

I have had quite a few near accidents with cars cutting me up without a care in the world.

Its about time the police had a big clampdown on the bad driving habits here.
They get away with it all the time and to be truthful I can't see it getting any better.

I am fed up of driving on SZR and having a lunatic behing me driving like a bat out of hell flashing their headlights for me to move out of the overtaking lane. Sometimes its not possible to move over but they expect you to risk your life by moving out of their way so that they can exceed the speed limit to wherever they are going.

Sorry, will get off my orange box now but it really gets me mad.

Last edited by karenb2; Jan 30th 2005 at 5:53 pm.
Old Jan 30th 2005, 5:45 pm
The Oracle

Originally Posted by DanMarsden
Actually, no. Nowhere is UAE even mentioned in the top rankings, which I'm sure is not due to lack of data...

All you have to do is read ha'aretz to see how many such deaths occur every day. I've listened to Arab news all my life and haven't heard such a thing. And yes, they do report road fatalities in the news.
road fatalities r also reported in the news in the U.A.E. Trust me...... it prolly cos of lack of data, but this is a fact that is very highly publicised in the news in the U.A.E and they r taking extreme measure to bring the # of deaths down. Ask anyone who lives in the Emirates. They will tell u..... oh and spreading such info in the international media isnt something ANY country would be very happy to do.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.