Reload this Page >

Credit Card debt in Saudi

Credit Card debt in Saudi

Old Apr 29th 2009, 8:53 pm
Just Joined

monstermash is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Credit Card debt in Saudi

hello all,

I need some advice please on a credit card payment i have outstanding with HSBC. I got fired from my last job last year and left on a final exit visa. However, I washed my passport and came back earlier this year with a business visa. I have since had my visa renewed several times without any problems. My doubt is what will happen when I leave the country with my debts on my cc's still unpaid. Will they be checking my name on a database, my passport number or both to see if I have cleared these debts? The amount is about 50k riyals with interest.

Your advice please.
Old Apr 30th 2009, 5:16 am
Account Closed

lionheart is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Credit Card debt in Saudi

So was your passport dirty? And why aren't you paying off your debts? You know what the Saudis do to thieves, don't you?
Old Apr 30th 2009, 1:36 pm

still.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Credit Card debt in Saudi

Originally Posted by monstermash
hello all,

I need some advice please on a credit card payment i have outstanding with HSBC. I got fired from my last job last year and left on a final exit visa. However, I washed my passport and came back earlier this year with a business visa. I have since had my visa renewed several times without any problems. My doubt is what will happen when I leave the country with my debts on my cc's still unpaid. Will they be checking my name on a database, my passport number or both to see if I have cleared these debts? The amount is about 50k riyals with interest.

Your advice please.
saudi law is pretty weak when it comes to money and financial debts. (sharia's more concerned with people and banks are tend to be viewed as 'un-islamic' and not well protected by judges)

am not sure that the credit rating agency is linked with the MoI but the magic kingdom is not the kind of place you want to find out the hard way.

best bet is to at least talk to the bank, find out your position and options and work it out. (either that or get out, never to return)

so, in short, (and with no offence), pay up, or p!ss off...