Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Crayon or Camel Crap in your carpet

Crayon or Camel Crap in your carpet

Old Oct 22nd 2004, 9:34 am
The 5th Amendment

joseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nice
Default Crayon or Camel Crap in your carpet

This is a serious thread for a change... yes i know! It is me putting it up but after recent shocking events which resulted in an email arriving in my in box about getting crayon out the carpet I thought that it had to put to the forum.... this is proof to the other site that we too can answer those important questions in as well as they can AS certain proud and efficeint mothers are NOW being banned from expatwoman.com.

So as we do not have a secret police here, and this is open to man, woman, staright or gay, Jumeirah Jane or Bur Dubai Brian, camel, even Balushi unless he really turns into an irritating git again, sorry I mean when he does.....

People, to quote a mother scorned by the other site cast out in the desert who has a simple question whom we must assist I put this to you.....

HOW DO YOU GET GREEN CRAYON OUT OF THE CARPET????

thank you...
Old Oct 22nd 2004, 9:41 am
Premium Member

Truth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Crayon or Camel Crap in your carpet

[QUOTE=joseph.creative]This is a serious thread for a change... yes i know! It is me putting it up but after recent shocking events which resulted in an email arriving in my in box about getting crayon out the carpet I thought that it had to put to the forum.... this is proof to the other site that we too can answer those important questions in as well as they can AS certain proud and efficeint mothers are NOW being banned from expatwoman.com.

So as we do not have a secret police here, and this is open to man, woman, staright or gay, Jumeirah Jane or Bur Dubai Brian, camel, even Balushi unless he really turns into an irritating git again, sorry I mean when he does.....

People, to quote a mother scorned by the other site cast out in the desert who has a simple question whom we must assist I put this to you.....

Funny that - it would appear to be a topical problem.

Best fix is don't draw on the carpet in the first place!!
Old Oct 22nd 2004, 9:47 am
semarang

novita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=Truth Speak]
Originally Posted by joseph.creative
This is a serious thread for a change... yes i know! It is me putting it up but after recent shocking events which resulted in an email arriving in my in box about getting crayon out the carpet I thought that it had to put to the forum.... this is proof to the other site that we too can answer those important questions in as well as they can AS certain proud and efficeint mothers are NOW being banned from expatwoman.com.

Funny that - it would appear to be a topical problem.

Best fix is don't draw on the carpet in the first place!!

Old Oct 22nd 2004, 4:33 pm
The Oracle

Face81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by joseph.creative

thank you...
Wots that strange tone I detect in ur voice? Oh its, errrrrrrr...........a serious tone.......LOL.........I lovet the way u have flung open the gates for every Tom, Abdullah and Wu to add their 2 cents........hahahahaha

Ok.....on a serious note..........green crayon........hmmmmmmm.....

To show how concerned I am about this matter, I decided to do a little research and came up with this:

For the best chances of removal, please follow these steps:

1. Mechanical (where applicable) Carefully scrape up (with the edge of a butter knife) or lift off as much solid "crayon" matter as possible. Be careful not to spread the stain with this physical removal.

2. Next, place a tray full of ice cubes into a zipper type freezer bag and rest it over an affected area for several minutes. As the cold makes the crayon more brittle, use the butter knife once again to scrape off any further residue. If the area is larger than ice bag, then use the same procedure systematically until entire area is treated.

3. Steps #1 & #2 are the "scraping process". (to be used again later on)

4. After this "cold" method has removed as much of the crayon as possible, you should then dry these "warm-hot" methods.

5. First, use your hair dryer (on "HI" setting) to soften the crayon. Once again, carefully scrape up (with the edge of a butter knife or piece of cardboard) as much solid "crayon" matter as possible OR place a very absorbent material, such as a "thick" paper towel or napkin over affect area. Take a 'warm-hot' iron and apply over this covering. Hopefully the crayon will either soften so you can repeat step 1 or liquefy the crayon so it will be absorbed up into material.

6. Pre-Soak stain in isopropyl rubbing alcohol. Allow to stand about 30 minutes. Agitate with a scrub brush. Rinse thoroughly with water. Once satisfied with results, allow surface to completely dry.

That was for general crayon stains........here is the BEST WAY to get it off carpets:

How to remove Changeable Crayons from carpeting:

# Materials Sponge
# Paper towels
# Dull knife or metal spoon
# WD-40® (car part lubricant)
# Liquid dishwashing detergent
# Small stiff bristle brush

Procedure
Scrape excess crayon off with a dull-edge knife or metal spoon. Spray with WD-40 and let stand a few minutes. With a small, stiff bristle brush work crayon stain and wipe with paper towels. Respray with WD-40 and apply liquid dishwashing detergent on the sprayed area; work in with the brush and wipe stain away with a damp sponge. If stain remains, repeat the procedure. For another method, use any brand of upholstery cleaner as directed on the container.

Now that wasnt so hard........a simple post with a serious message! Keep those crayons away from carpets! :scared:

hehehehehe
Old Oct 23rd 2004, 5:13 am
Premium Member

Truth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond repute
Question Re: Crayon or Camel Crap in your carpet

Originally Posted by Face81
Wots that strange tone I detect in ur voice? Oh its, errrrrrrr...........a serious tone.......LOL.........I lovet the way u have flung open the gates for every Tom, Abdullah and Wu to add their 2 cents........hahahahaha

Ok.....on a serious note..........green crayon........hmmmmmmm.....

To show how concerned I am about this matter, I decided to do a little research and came up with this:

For the best chances of removal, please follow these steps:

1. Mechanical (where applicable) Carefully scrape up (with the edge of a butter knife) or lift off as much solid "crayon" matter as possible. Be careful not to spread the stain with this physical removal.

2. Next, place a tray full of ice cubes into a zipper type freezer bag and rest it over an affected area for several minutes. As the cold makes the crayon more brittle, use the butter knife once again to scrape off any further residue. If the area is larger than ice bag, then use the same procedure systematically until entire area is treated.

3. Steps #1 & #2 are the "scraping process". (to be used again later on)

4. After this "cold" method has removed as much of the crayon as possible, you should then dry these "warm-hot" methods.

5. First, use your hair dryer (on "HI" setting) to soften the crayon. Once again, carefully scrape up (with the edge of a butter knife or piece of cardboard) as much solid "crayon" matter as possible OR place a very absorbent material, such as a "thick" paper towel or napkin over affect area. Take a 'warm-hot' iron and apply over this covering. Hopefully the crayon will either soften so you can repeat step 1 or liquefy the crayon so it will be absorbed up into material.

6. Pre-Soak stain in isopropyl rubbing alcohol. Allow to stand about 30 minutes. Agitate with a scrub brush. Rinse thoroughly with water. Once satisfied with results, allow surface to completely dry.

That was for general crayon stains........here is the BEST WAY to get it off carpets:

How to remove Changeable Crayons from carpeting:

# Materials Sponge
# Paper towels
# Dull knife or metal spoon
# WD-40® (car part lubricant)
# Liquid dishwashing detergent
# Small stiff bristle brush

Procedure
Scrape excess crayon off with a dull-edge knife or metal spoon. Spray with WD-40 and let stand a few minutes. With a small, stiff bristle brush work crayon stain and wipe with paper towels. Respray with WD-40 and apply liquid dishwashing detergent on the sprayed area; work in with the brush and wipe stain away with a damp sponge. If stain remains, repeat the procedure. For another method, use any brand of upholstery cleaner as directed on the container.

Now that wasnt so hard........a simple post with a serious message! Keep those crayons away from carpets! :scared:

hehehehehe
Face - got a new one for u

How the heck do I get WD40 out of my carpet.
Old Oct 23rd 2004, 5:28 am
Banned

Jellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Truth Speak

Sorry to butt in but I think lots of paper towels and that iron might do the trick
Old Oct 23rd 2004, 5:31 am
Premium Member

Originally Posted by Jellybean
Sorry to butt in but I think lots of paper towels and that iron might do the trick
Y thankyou JB - I shall dasha way and try - if it doesn't work I want my cash back.
Old Oct 23rd 2004, 5:59 am
Its all good

Fairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond repute

Think I read somewhere to use an iron and brown paper for oil based stains
Old Oct 23rd 2004, 8:47 am
The Oracle

Face81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of light

By using WD-40 carpet stain remover obviously. LOL

"The WD-40 Spot Shot® carpet stain remover is designed to remove tough carpet stains without scrubbing. Use it for stains from pets, greasy foods, motor oil, red wine, grape juice, blood, and much more."

So there! hehehe

Last edited by Face81; Oct 23rd 2004 at 8:56 am.
Old Oct 23rd 2004, 8:51 am
Banned

Jellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond repute

"he WD-40 Spot Shot® carpet stain remover is designed to remove tough carpet stains without scrubbing. Use it for stains from pets, greasy foods, motor oil, red wine, grape juice, blood, and much more."

So there! hehehe

I think we have a closet Martha Stewart in our midst
Old Oct 23rd 2004, 8:54 am
Premium Member

"he WD-40 Spot Shot® carpet stain remover is designed to remove tough carpet stains without scrubbing. Use it for stains from pets, greasy foods, motor oil, red wine, grape juice, blood, and much more."

So there! hehehe
Smart arse - the juices are now on U.
Old Oct 23rd 2004, 8:58 am
The Oracle

Smart arse - the juices are now on U.
hehehehehe.......have to maintain that rep of mine. LOL :d

Juices on me! No probs. LOL
Old Oct 23rd 2004, 8:59 am
Premium Member

hehehehehe.......have to maintain that rep of mine. LOL :d

Juices on me! No probs. LOL
Which rep is that Cheeky chappy or local smartarse - sorry I meant Oracle LOL
Old Oct 23rd 2004, 2:24 pm
The Oracle

Which rep is that Cheeky chappy or local smartarse - sorry I meant Oracle LOL

Now is that anyway to talk to ur friendly neibourhood Oracle?

I am flattered that I have earned myself 3 titles in such a short time! hehehe
Old Oct 23rd 2004, 4:21 pm
Premium Member

Now is that anyway to talk to ur friendly neibourhood Oracle?

I am flattered that I have earned myself 3 titles in such a short time! hehehe
Only three, u missed yoda and i'm sure there are a couple of others,

Lets have some more yoda face -

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.