British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Middle East (https://britishexpats.com/forum/middle-east-60/)
-   -   Craine on SZR - how long did it take you to get to work?? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/middle-east-60/craine-szr-how-long-did-take-you-get-work-572055/)

MrsHaps Nov 9th 2008 2:34 am

Craine on SZR - how long did it take you to get to work??

Morning peeps,

Im sitting on my comfy settee as i dont want to brave the chaos that will be the back roads this morning!! Ive got to get the Shangri-La hotel and they have shut SZR, so im wondering how long it has taken you to get around that area this morning, whether it is from Sharjah or Trade Centre!!

The joys of Dubai :huh:

Robbies Nov 9th 2008 3:19 am

Re: Craine on SZR - how long did it take you to get to work??

Took me about 30 mins from beside the Pepsi place on SZR to get to Defence Rd round a bout and down onto Al Safa street.

SZR was closed earlier but open again (was open at 7am anyway)

MrsHaps Nov 9th 2008 3:55 am

Originally Posted by Robbies (Post 6954631)
Took me about 30 mins from beside the Pepsi place on SZR to get to Defence Rd round a bout and down onto Al Safa street.

SZR was closed earlier but open again (was open at 7am anyway)

they must have closed it again, its still closed now!!! ouch!

Spugsy Nov 9th 2008 4:22 am

Originally Posted by MrsHaps (Post 6954587)
Morning peeps,

Im sitting on my comfy settee as i dont want to brave the chaos that will be the back roads this morning!! Ive got to get the Shangri-La hotel and they have shut SZR, so im wondering how long it has taken you to get around that area this morning, whether it is from Sharjah or Trade Centre!!

yeah I had to re-route, sounds nasty mind.

Saying that I see at least 3 or 4 totally smashed up cars on the emirates road just before you turn off to mirdif.

typical Nov 9th 2008 4:56 am

Working from home today. Sounds like madness.

Roadking Nov 9th 2008 7:27 am

1 Attachment(s)

Morning peeps,

You'd think the police would do something about it. Why on Earth they allow Craine on the highway in the first place. Never was much of a fan. :p

CeeBee Nov 9th 2008 7:52 am

Morning peeps,

Took me 1hr 45 mins to get from JBR to Downtown Burj Dubai. Usually its a 20 minute journey.

Madam Medusa Nov 9th 2008 1:47 pm

took some girls in the office 3 hours to get from jbr to the fairmont...total mare...

MM, xx

Confucius Nov 9th 2008 2:56 pm

Morning peeps,

The normal 1.35-1.40 that it almost usually takes from SHJ to JAFZA...