Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Covid Passport Yes or No?

Covid Passport Yes or No?

Old Mar 15th 2021, 11:15 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141
Default Re: Covid Passport Yes or No?

Originally Posted by NorthernLad
Sky did an interesting article on this:
https://news.sky.com/story/covid-19-...upply-12204044

'German MEP Peter Liese said the UK was behaving "like Donald Trump" by trying to guarantee it would receive vaccine doses first. In reality, according to this account, it was fear of Trump - or Trump-like behaviour - that prompted the government to seek additional security.'
Good read, thanks.

Originally Posted by nonthaburi
Agreed, I didn't mean the purchase of it, just the rollout.
Gotcha. Agree a million times over on the rollout. It's been spectacular.
Old Mar 17th 2021, 11:06 am
BE Enthusiast

HiHo has a reputation beyond reputeHiHo has a reputation beyond reputeHiHo has a reputation beyond reputeHiHo has a reputation beyond reputeHiHo has a reputation beyond reputeHiHo has a reputation beyond reputeHiHo has a reputation beyond reputeHiHo has a reputation beyond reputeHiHo has a reputation beyond reputeHiHo has a reputation beyond reputeHiHo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scamp
Good read, thanks. Gotcha. Agree a million times over on the rollout. It's been spectacular.
Guys Its not the NHS alone they are supported by an army of volunteers freezing their bits of at drive trough's up and down the country. It's going as fast as supply will permit and was starting to falter. My local station was rationed down to 1,700 doses a day. Then the EU Knight in shining armour came galloping to the UKs rescue like some bumbling Don Quixote ordering suspension. My local stations allocation was back up to 2,000 doses a day as a result. I accept that people have a right to be killed by a government of their own choosing but I'm sure this mess will make them take take EU elections a lot more seriously in the future if it survives covidgate.
Old Mar 17th 2021, 4:11 pm
Onwards and Upwards!

Johnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond repute

EU elections, that's an interesting concept...
Old Mar 25th 2021, 2:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

HiHo has a reputation beyond reputeHiHo has a reputation beyond reputeHiHo has a reputation beyond reputeHiHo has a reputation beyond reputeHiHo has a reputation beyond reputeHiHo has a reputation beyond reputeHiHo has a reputation beyond reputeHiHo has a reputation beyond reputeHiHo has a reputation beyond reputeHiHo has a reputation beyond reputeHiHo has a reputation beyond repute

'Since December, passengers have been using Common Pass for testing verification on select flights out of New York, Boston, London, and Hong Kong with United, JetBlue, Lufthansa, Swiss International and Virgin Atlantic. Those options are in addition to previous trial routes for United and Cathay Pacific Flights to London, New York, Hong Kong, and Singapore. IATA’s Health Pass, meanwhile, recently garnered trial use on several international air carriers, including Emirates, Copa, Malaysia Airlines and Singapore Airlines.' Extract from the Washington Post. These gives me a warm and fussy feeling of a return to 'essential business travel' at some time in the reasonable middle future.

Meanwhile back at the ranch, BoJo has told the flat earthers they can't go to
Benidorm. This is going to spell disaster for the south coast this summer as hoards of Antivaxers descend on Bournemouth causing a further cull of the remaining local coffin dodgers. Lets hope the oldies get a second jab before that happens.
Old Mar 26th 2021, 5:47 am

nonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by HiHo
'Since December, passengers have been using Common Pass for testing verification on select flights out of New York, Boston, London, and Hong Kong with United, JetBlue, Lufthansa, Swiss International and Virgin Atlantic. Those options are in addition to previous trial routes for United and Cathay Pacific Flights to London, New York, Hong Kong, and Singapore. IATA’s Health Pass, meanwhile, recently garnered trial use on several international air carriers, including Emirates, Copa, Malaysia Airlines and Singapore Airlines.' Extract from the Washington Post. These gives me a warm and fussy feeling of a return to 'essential business travel' at some time in the reasonable middle future.

Meanwhile back at the ranch, BoJo has told the flat earthers they can't go to
Benidorm. This is going to spell disaster for the south coast this summer as hoards of Antivaxers descend on Bournemouth causing a further cull of the remaining local coffin dodgers. Lets hope the oldies get a second jab before that happens.
Won't be any antivaxers descending on Brighton. They're all living there anyway...😂
Old Mar 26th 2021, 7:21 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute

I would give all the oldtimers on The South Coast an AK-47 and declaere open season on Anti-vaxxers !
Old Mar 28th 2021, 2:23 pm

Norm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond repute

I don't know. I'm all for properly tested vaccines, and making sure reasonable steps are taken to stop international travelers spreading things that are particularly bad news for the elderly and those with co-morbidities - like some sort of proof of a vaccine one takes around. I eat well, I have remained slim into middle age and never did drugs when most of my peers did back in the day. I like to think I am pro-science and I got booster jabs for vaccines I had in childhood. I also think, quite controversially that the earth is round.

But there's just something jabbing (pun intended) at the back of my mind when I read about vaccination passports...a quote that just comes to mind when I see even peaceful protestors in countries where that is still allowed - those who ask uncomfortable questions being referred to as anti-vaxxers who shouldn't be allowed to breed etc etc.

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." C.S. Lewis

Then I remember there are two types of human being: Those who want to be told what to do, and those who want to be left alone. History seems to be a see-saw between which type controls the narrative of the day.

Very interesting times indeed.

Last edited by Norm_uk; Apr 8th 2021 at 4:25 am.