Covid 19

Old Apr 5th 2020, 7:48 am
Big Member

NorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Covid 19

Originally Posted by Scamp
Dunno, nobody does.
..I'll probably be alright because I'm younger and fit or don't have diabetes or asthma etc. It obviously makes a difference and the lack of equipment / bedspace / PPE etc globally is testament to the need to slow down the rate of infection.
A guy who works for me is late 50s, severe diabetes and got a positive test. He shrugged it off and asked when he could come back to work. It seems that its a lottery on how it affects different people.

This is worth a watch - impressive what they can do, but also scary the control they have.

Last edited by NorthernLad; Apr 5th 2020 at 7:49 am. Reason: Updated
Old Apr 5th 2020, 8:05 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by NorthernLad
A guy who works for me is late 50s, severe diabetes and got a positive test. He shrugged it off and asked when he could come back to work. It seems that its a lottery on how it affects different people.

This is worth a watch - impressive what they can do, but also scary the control they have.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0W0B2Qg3r2k
I think that sort of state monitoring is scary for no reason. It's hugely impressive and potentially very effective in a time like this. Imagine being tracked to the detail that you're told the bloke you were next to in the shop three days ago has the germ and you need to get checked. That's amazing. Yes, it's invasive but anyone online, with a smart phone or living in this part of the world has to appreciate that we're monitored and tracked anyway. Worrying about it seems a bit pointless to me. Data is the new oil.

Yeah, I reckon the number of people like that is higher than we know / think. The asymptomatic cases are going to be high I hope....but if you and I can shrug it off and by the time we realise have infected an average of a couple of people a day, then we might well have infected a few hundred without realising through the chain and of them, there's a few deaths and a good number of hospitalised cases.

If I'm getting it and lucky enough to not be affected too much, I'll be staying home and locked away for as long as needed to not pass it on.
Old Apr 7th 2020, 5:09 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Get well soon, BoJo.
Old Apr 7th 2020, 5:22 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by Millhouse
Get well soon, BoJo.
Indeed.
Old Apr 7th 2020, 7:19 am

nonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Millhouse
Get well soon, BoJo.
Quite ironic that the leader of the party that presided over years of cuts in funding to the NHS now find himself in dire need of that same service.

Not looking good for BJ.
Old Apr 7th 2020, 10:38 am
Forum Regular

FriendlyExpat is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by nonthaburi
Quite ironic that the leader of the party that presided over years of cuts in funding to the NHS now find himself in dire need of that same service.

Not looking good for BJ.
He might not be in trouble - cannot rule out an over cautious ICU admission. He was given oxygen but in amounts far below the normal ICU admission criteria.