Covid 19

Old Mar 30th 2020, 11:24 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141
Default Re: Covid 19

Originally Posted by co durham boy
We always try and stay ahead of the game on the employee welfare side . We've had to suspend leave for obvious reason but those guys will have been paid a full encashment has been given . We're also paying the guys we have overseas on leave there full entitlements which is around 850 people .

We've had a full sanitisation of accommodation and vehicles and are only running people in vehicles at 25% capacity which is a very challenging logistic when you have to move 5,000 people per day to sites and back .

Obviously we review everything as things change but its a really tough time .
Fair play, that's really impressive and a welcome change from the expectation out here.
Old Mar 30th 2020, 2:09 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

DUBAI (Reuters) - Expo 2020 Dubai is set to be postponed by one year due to the global coronavirus pandemic, according to a draft statement seen by Reuters and two sources familiar with the matter.

Oh, and schools out until Summer.
Old Mar 30th 2020, 7:58 pm

nonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by HiHo
Great time to live in Qassim. The road less traveled might be safest in the present circumstances. Do you have any tips for the lonely in Dubia?
Live on a military base about 20 minutes outside from the regional capital Buraydah. Apart from not going into town for meals out or coffee at night the shutdown has made very little difference to my life.

Are internet hookers still available?

Old Mar 31st 2020, 12:20 am
BE Enthusiast

martinbkk has a reputation beyond reputemartinbkk has a reputation beyond reputemartinbkk has a reputation beyond reputemartinbkk has a reputation beyond reputemartinbkk has a reputation beyond reputemartinbkk has a reputation beyond reputemartinbkk has a reputation beyond reputemartinbkk has a reputation beyond reputemartinbkk has a reputation beyond reputemartinbkk has a reputation beyond reputemartinbkk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by nonthaburi
Are internet hookers still available?
Yes, though they are now practicing social distancing to go along with the emotional distancing
Old Mar 31st 2020, 4:47 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by martinbkk
Yes, though they are now practicing social distancing to go along with the emotional distancing
Masks and condoms mandatory.
Old Mar 31st 2020, 9:18 am
BE Enthusiast

HiHo has a reputation beyond reputeHiHo has a reputation beyond reputeHiHo has a reputation beyond reputeHiHo has a reputation beyond reputeHiHo has a reputation beyond reputeHiHo has a reputation beyond reputeHiHo has a reputation beyond reputeHiHo has a reputation beyond reputeHiHo has a reputation beyond reputeHiHo has a reputation beyond reputeHiHo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by martinbkk
Very valuable observation, We would be well advised to remember that women are much more emotionally complex than men, Whilst sensibly distancing them selves during sex trade transactions, they do compensate at other times. The remoteness from interaction must be having a greater cost to women because normally they engage more emotionally than we do. We should take time to reach out to our female friends at this time and remind them we are here to listen. Remember guys they don't want you to fix it just understand it.
Old Mar 31st 2020, 9:59 am
BE Enthusiast

HiHo has a reputation beyond reputeHiHo has a reputation beyond reputeHiHo has a reputation beyond reputeHiHo has a reputation beyond reputeHiHo has a reputation beyond reputeHiHo has a reputation beyond reputeHiHo has a reputation beyond reputeHiHo has a reputation beyond reputeHiHo has a reputation beyond reputeHiHo has a reputation beyond reputeHiHo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Cypselos
They'll never postpone it. All this will be ancient history by October. I'd be surprised if they're still talking about cancelling things next week.
Originally Posted by Millhouse
DUBAI (Reuters) - Expo 2020 Dubai is set to be postponed by one year due to the global coronavirus pandemic, according to a draft statement seen by Reuters and two sources familiar with the matter.
What a difference a week makes.

How are the authorities going to deal with the Ramadan? Left to the there own devises the locals will party on and create a wild fire of cases. Unchecked it will burn the health care system to the ground.
Old Mar 31st 2020, 10:06 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by HiHo
What a difference a week makes.

How are the authorities going to deal with the Ramadan? Left to the there own devises the locals will party on and create a wild fire of cases. Unchecked it will burn the health care system to the ground.
Why do you think they are slowly increasing the lockdown each day and stepping up cleaning etc. This isn’t going to be over by Ramadan.
Old Mar 31st 2020, 11:01 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Why do you think they are slowly increasing the lockdown each day and stepping up cleaning etc. This isn’t going to be over by Ramadan.
You've come out of denial?
Old Mar 31st 2020, 11:07 am

nonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond repute

Looking forward to my best Ramadan ever. This isn't going away any time soon . I have zero work to do . Merely show my face and sit in the office for 3 hours every other day . 3 days a week one week, 2 days a week the next . Ramadan is normally very tough for me. Think after Ramadan things will slowly get back to normal. That's what I'm hoping anyway
Old Mar 31st 2020, 11:17 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Scamp
You've come out of denial?
I was never in denial about the mass hysteria and the over-response to this, nor how there is no obvious end to it now that the media has whipped everyone up into a state of perpetual fear over it. I am in justifiable denial about the seriousness of the issue: most models are saying 70-80% of populations will get it. That means 3 people in my house of 4 will probably get it. Why I'm locking myself up for months on end only to get it in September is still a struggle for me. Yes, I understand flattening the curve, save the health system etc - but not at the cost of everything else. We will have a much larger issue on our hands with no jobs, people hitting the financial wall, food security, rising crime etc. if this ever ends.

I also don't understand the PR exercise of spraying the roads and streets each night. The only person I know who kisses roads is the pope and so I don't see why we need to go to all this effort to make it safe for him.

Old Mar 31st 2020, 11:25 am
Account Closed

I was never in denial about the mass hysteria and the over-response to this, nor how there is no obvious end to it now that the media has whipped everyone up into a state of perpetual fear over it. I am in justifiable denial about the seriousness of the issue: most models are saying 70-80% of populations will get it. That means 3 people in my house of 4 will probably get it. Why I'm locking myself up for months on end only to get it in September is still a struggle for me. Yes, I understand flattening the curve, save the health system etc - but not at the cost of everything else. We will have a much larger issue on our hands with no jobs, people hitting the financial wall, food security, rising crime etc. if this ever ends.

I also don't understand the PR exercise of spraying the roads and streets each night. The only person I know who kisses roads is the pope and so I don't see why we need to go to all this effort to make it safe for him.
Lol at the spraying. I thought the same.

The cost is going to be huge....but not to many people in the UK initially. If you get furloughed for 5 months you've lost a month of salary (assuming 2,500 quid is 80% of your salary, which it must be for many people). That's it. A month of pay, job has been guaranteed, company survived and you've lived off yellow freezer dinners and Netflix for a few months. They'll probably end up paying for it for generations though, the taxes needed to fund such lavish protections are going to hurt.

It's a different story overseas, I do worry about my work and being paid and all those bits. Guess we earn more as part of that balance of risk.

Still, stiff upper lip. Let's hope those models work and that we're already far more infected as a global population than the numbers of confirmed cases say. I imagine it's significantly more but a long way from 70%+. I had a horrid cold over the weekend, still a bit of a cough now but very phlegmy, so not a covid symptom, shame as I want it to get it over with and hope it makes me immune, but also relief because nobody wants to be poorly.
Old Mar 31st 2020, 12:01 pm
Big Member

NorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond repute

They'll probably end up paying for it for generations though, the taxes needed to fund such lavish protections are going to hurt.
Don't worry, the money saved after Brexit will cover this.
Old Mar 31st 2020, 12:27 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by NorthernLad
Don't worry, the money saved after Brexit will cover this.
**** me. You're right...that 300 million quid a week on the red bus is going to be VERY handy.
Old Mar 31st 2020, 12:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

co durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond repute

Lol at the spraying. I thought the same.

The cost is going to be huge....but not to many people in the UK initially. If you get furloughed for 5 months you've lost a month of salary (assuming 2,500 quid is 80% of your salary, which it must be for many people). That's it. A month of pay, job has been guaranteed, company survived and you've lived off yellow freezer dinners and Netflix for a few months. They'll probably end up paying for it for generations though, the taxes needed to fund such lavish protections are going to hurt.

It's a different story overseas, I do worry about my work and being paid and all those bits. Guess we earn more as part of that balance of risk.

Still, stiff upper lip. Let's hope those models work and that we're already far more infected as a global population than the numbers of confirmed cases say. I imagine it's significantly more but a long way from 70%+. I had a horrid cold over the weekend, still a bit of a cough now but very phlegmy, so not a covid symptom, shame as I want it to get it over with and hope it makes me immune, but also relief because nobody wants to be poorly.
The Jedi style Dettol spraying in just an elaborate cover for a curfew . A proper one starting in Al Ras tonight with road blocks . God help us when it hits the Marina , not sure how Abbey & Samantha with get their Juice Plus orders out innit !!!

Anyone for a mask ?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.