Covid 19

Old Mar 19th 2020, 7:37 am
Big Member

NorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Covid 19

Originally Posted by Millhouse
My guess is September.
That is the expectation we have been given. Strange times.
Old Mar 19th 2020, 7:50 am
Forum Regular

FriendlyExpat is an unknown quantity at this point

Does anyone know if there are any flights at all out of Saudi? I'm starting to think I'd prefer to head back to the UK to sit this all with my family and I can work remotely. Not worried about tax residence if I get stuck in the UK for ages by accident - rather that than being in the middle east and unable to get home for months or longer. And if anyone wants to join forces to see if we can get a plane arranged by the British government or similar, PM me.
Old Mar 19th 2020, 9:05 am
BE Enthusiast

HiHo has a reputation beyond reputeHiHo has a reputation beyond reputeHiHo has a reputation beyond reputeHiHo has a reputation beyond reputeHiHo has a reputation beyond reputeHiHo has a reputation beyond reputeHiHo has a reputation beyond reputeHiHo has a reputation beyond reputeHiHo has a reputation beyond reputeHiHo has a reputation beyond reputeHiHo has a reputation beyond repute

British Airways have cancelled my return flight on the 18th April but have not cancelled my outbound on the 10th April. I have obviously raise the question about this decision with BA customer services. Since I have yet to receive a reply, I don't know, which suggests they are not party to this information. I think your in Riyadh so you might try Ethiopian.
Old Mar 19th 2020, 9:48 am
BE Enthusiast

Desert Shaikh is just really niceDesert Shaikh is just really niceDesert Shaikh is just really niceDesert Shaikh is just really niceDesert Shaikh is just really niceDesert Shaikh is just really niceDesert Shaikh is just really niceDesert Shaikh is just really niceDesert Shaikh is just really niceDesert Shaikh is just really niceDesert Shaikh is just really nice

Originally Posted by FriendlyExpat
Does anyone know if there are any flights at all out of Saudi? I'm starting to think I'd prefer to head back to the UK to sit this all with my family and I can work remotely. Not worried about tax residence if I get stuck in the UK for ages by accident - rather that than being in the middle east and unable to get home for months or longer. And if anyone wants to join forces to see if we can get a plane arranged by the British government or similar, PM me.
Unfortunately all commercial international flights in and out of Saudi have stopped. There were a couple of emergency commercial flights out till the 15th for non-Saudis wanting to get out. I also understand land borders have been closed with exception for goods transporting. You can try contacting the British Embassy if you really need to get back to the UK.
Old Mar 19th 2020, 10:08 am

nonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by FriendlyExpat
That was a joke right? 🤔️
Old Mar 19th 2020, 10:11 am

nonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by HiHo
British Airways have cancelled my return flight on the 18th April but have not cancelled my outbound on the 10th April. I have obviously raise the question about this decision with BA customer services. Since I have yet to receive a reply, I don't know, which suggests they are not party to this information. I think your in Riyadh so you might try Ethiopian.
Fairly sure Ethiopian was on the banned country list before thy flight ban. I work with a few South Africans and I remember them talking about it.
Old Mar 19th 2020, 10:13 am

Originally Posted by Desert Shaikh
Unfortunately all commercial international flights in and out of Saudi have stopped. There were a couple of emergency commercial flights out till the 15th for non-Saudis wanting to get out. I also understand land borders have been closed with exception for goods transporting. You can try contacting the British Embassy if you really need to get back to the UK.
Good luck with that! If you're not half dead, do not expect any help from the British embassy. You are on your own .
Old Mar 19th 2020, 10:15 am
Forum Regular

Charl01 has a reputation beyond reputeCharl01 has a reputation beyond reputeCharl01 has a reputation beyond reputeCharl01 has a reputation beyond reputeCharl01 has a reputation beyond reputeCharl01 has a reputation beyond reputeCharl01 has a reputation beyond reputeCharl01 has a reputation beyond reputeCharl01 has a reputation beyond reputeCharl01 has a reputation beyond reputeCharl01 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by nonthaburi
Fairly sure Ethiopian was on the banned country list before thy flight ban. I work with a few South Africans and I remember them talking about it.
Strange but true Ethiopia is not on the banned list, not even in Kuwait (When the flights were operating)
Old Mar 19th 2020, 10:50 am

Originally Posted by Charl01
Strange but true Ethiopia is not on the banned list, not even in Kuwait (When the flights were operating)
This says otherwise.

https://www.arabnews.com/node/1640286/saudi-arabia
Old Mar 19th 2020, 10:53 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by HiHo
Thanks - yes, I'm Riyadh based. Are Ethiopian still flying? I'm wary of indirect routes in case of getting stuck in the transit airport but will check it out. Crazy times!
Old Mar 19th 2020, 12:29 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Millhouse
My guess is September.
that’s what I am thinking...September before we turn a small corner.

Old Mar 20th 2020, 7:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

Desert Shaikh is just really niceDesert Shaikh is just really niceDesert Shaikh is just really niceDesert Shaikh is just really niceDesert Shaikh is just really niceDesert Shaikh is just really niceDesert Shaikh is just really niceDesert Shaikh is just really niceDesert Shaikh is just really niceDesert Shaikh is just really niceDesert Shaikh is just really nice

Good luck with that! If you're not half dead, do not expect any help from the British embassy. You are on your own .

Shameful and humiliating tweet from
the UK Ambassador to Kuwait, which has obviously been deleted now.
Old Mar 20th 2020, 8:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

Standanista has a reputation beyond reputeStandanista has a reputation beyond reputeStandanista has a reputation beyond reputeStandanista has a reputation beyond reputeStandanista has a reputation beyond reputeStandanista has a reputation beyond reputeStandanista has a reputation beyond reputeStandanista has a reputation beyond reputeStandanista has a reputation beyond reputeStandanista has a reputation beyond reputeStandanista has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Desert Shaikh

Shameful and humiliating tweet from
the UK Ambassador to Kuwait, which has obviously been deleted now.
HM FCO. Always there when there’s a staff piss up or Harry Potter party to be organised.
Old Mar 21st 2020, 5:41 am
BE Enthusiast

HiHo has a reputation beyond reputeHiHo has a reputation beyond reputeHiHo has a reputation beyond reputeHiHo has a reputation beyond reputeHiHo has a reputation beyond reputeHiHo has a reputation beyond reputeHiHo has a reputation beyond reputeHiHo has a reputation beyond reputeHiHo has a reputation beyond reputeHiHo has a reputation beyond reputeHiHo has a reputation beyond repute

Guys come on,
Guys you are industry, if not its captains then certainly its officers, you have never expected or required your embassy to do anything more than paperwork. A scared civil servant has offered advise based on experiences very different to your own. Move on
Old Mar 22nd 2020, 6:32 am
Forum Regular

That was a joke right? 🤔️
I'm aware of how useless the embassy normally is, but with enough public pressure they can be embarrassed into doing the right thing. e.g. a special plane is being put on to fly British expats out of Peru later this week. Why not Saudi / UAE??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.