Covid 19

Old Mar 9th 2020, 7:47 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141
Default Re: Covid 19

Originally Posted by Lul37
Scamp you didn’t see what I wrote above. I’m more than happy homeschooling my kids, I’m just not happy paying the school for doing it.

Yes this whole thing sucks for everyone not just the school. It’s no one’s fault this happened. It’s an inconvenience for the parents as well. I will have to quit my part time job in sales now stay home and make sure they do their school work online. It’s not worth getting a nanny as I earn so little as it is.

Also in case your interested, i do spend quality time with my children doing lots of varied activities, and no they do not have behavioral issues at home or in school, but it would be unrealistic for me to expect them to do their online learning unsupervised at home on their own for two weeks.
Don't pay the school then, save the money and homeschool them. Problem solved.
Old Mar 9th 2020, 7:51 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by HiHo
The UAE is reporting 4.5 cases per million people. KSA is reporting 0.4 cases per million people. KSA is following the UK model and is in Phase 1 'delay'. By reducing the very high number of travelers between UAE and KSA they delay the rise in cases in KSA to the levels of those in UAE. The UAE by reducing access to Iran does the same. KSA is also now moving to restriction movement to the part of the country effected. Its a timing game by reducing those effected they push the peek out of the traditional flu season. The experts are not claiming this is a iron clad approach but most think its a reasonable one although it is not universally accepted.
The EU on the other hand has not adopted any controls or only local ones and the statistics show the alternative results. Minimising cross contamination might be inconvenient but it does appear to be effective.
I see you have bought into the chat. UK's approach is basically do nothing right now, same happened in Italy. The next phase will be a full lockdown when it all goes to shit.

Remember, it broke out in Asia - cases are mostly in China, Sing and Thailand - countries with youthful populations and been fairly controlled. It's been a disaster in Italy... a country with a significantly aged population.
Old Mar 9th 2020, 8:14 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by Millhouse
I see you have bought into the chat. UK's approach is basically do nothing right now, same happened in Italy. The next phase will be a full lockdown when it all goes to shit.

Remember, it broke out in Asia - cases are mostly in China, Sing and Thailand - countries with youthful populations and been fairly controlled. It's been a disaster in Italy... a country with a significantly aged population.
Hang on. I thought it was going to be out the news by now?
Old Mar 9th 2020, 9:17 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scamp
Hang on. I thought it was going to be out the news by now?
No. Out of the news when the US election takes hold... or another crisis.
Old Mar 9th 2020, 9:41 am

nonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond repute

Gulf air has stopped flying in and out of KSA completely.
Old Mar 9th 2020, 10:33 am
Forum Regular

fezzer is a glorious beacon of lightfezzer is a glorious beacon of lightfezzer is a glorious beacon of lightfezzer is a glorious beacon of lightfezzer is a glorious beacon of lightfezzer is a glorious beacon of lightfezzer is a glorious beacon of lightfezzer is a glorious beacon of lightfezzer is a glorious beacon of lightfezzer is a glorious beacon of lightfezzer is a glorious beacon of light

And now Qatar has joined the school closures. All public and private schools shut from 10th March. Excellent.
Old Mar 9th 2020, 11:05 am

nonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by nonthaburi
As have Emirates and Etihad.

https://amp-arabianbusiness-com.cdn....o-saudi-arabia
Old Mar 9th 2020, 11:08 am
Account Closed

No. Out of the news when the US election takes hold... or another crisis.
Sorry, I thought it was either that (other news) or just boredom of the topic.

Originally Posted by nonthaburi
All flights in/out to a few GCC and other countries it seems?
Old Mar 9th 2020, 11:16 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Shit getting real now. I just hope Kibsons can still import the plums; they are great.
Old Mar 9th 2020, 1:19 pm
Account Closed

Shit getting real now. I just hope Kibsons can still import the plums; they are great.
Saw a Kibsons van earlier today. Cannot confirm the size or amount of plums on board but there was 1 driver....if that helps.
Old Mar 9th 2020, 1:56 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Scamp
Saw a Kibsons van earlier today. Cannot confirm the size or amount of plums on board but there was 1 driver....if that helps.
Maybe only two small ones.
Old Mar 9th 2020, 2:50 pm
Forum Regular

SandyMcSand is an unknown quantity at this point

Shit is real now! Projects are either on hold or deferred to 2021....everyone’s back in the office. #nowheretosit
Old Mar 9th 2020, 4:51 pm

Running out of places to go. Think the UK , Holland, Switzerland will probably get closed off in a week maybe depending on the numbers.

https://www.arabnews.com/node/1639046/saudi-arabia
Old Mar 10th 2020, 1:51 am
BE Enthusiast

martinbkk has a reputation beyond reputemartinbkk has a reputation beyond reputemartinbkk has a reputation beyond reputemartinbkk has a reputation beyond reputemartinbkk has a reputation beyond reputemartinbkk has a reputation beyond reputemartinbkk has a reputation beyond reputemartinbkk has a reputation beyond reputemartinbkk has a reputation beyond reputemartinbkk has a reputation beyond reputemartinbkk has a reputation beyond repute

Or there will be a realisation that the whole effort is pretty much pointless and return to normal knowing we are basically giving up on the somewhat sick over 70's.
Old Mar 10th 2020, 5:00 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by martinbkk
Or there will be a realisation that the whole effort is pretty much pointless and return to normal knowing we are basically giving up on the somewhat sick over 70's.
Bit of population control never hurt the masses.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.