Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Covering up in Public

Covering up in Public

Old Jul 26th 2012, 11:47 am
BE Enthusiast

DOHDUBMAN is an unknown quantity at this pointDOHDUBMAN is an unknown quantity at this pointDOHDUBMAN is an unknown quantity at this pointDOHDUBMAN is an unknown quantity at this pointDOHDUBMAN is an unknown quantity at this pointDOHDUBMAN is an unknown quantity at this pointDOHDUBMAN is an unknown quantity at this pointDOHDUBMAN is an unknown quantity at this pointDOHDUBMAN is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Covering up in Public

Whats the script with this in Doha?

Ive been in Abu Dhabi/Dubai and know that covering up on the streets is essential but pools,hotels,beaches is fine

What is it like in Doha though?

For instance could i walk down the street wearing a vest? Could i even go to the gym in a vest?

Is there public places where you could sunbathe and do this?

What are they like with Tattoos? Its not offensive or anything is it?

Cheers
Old Jul 26th 2012, 6:02 pm
Shark Fisherman

britexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Covering up in Public

Originally Posted by RyanC
Whats the script with this in Doha?

Ive been in Abu Dhabi/Dubai and know that covering up on the streets is essential but pools,hotels,beaches is fine

What is it like in Doha though?

For instance could i walk down the street wearing a vest? Could i even go to the gym in a vest?

Is there public places where you could sunbathe and do this?

What are they like with Tattoos? Its not offensive or anything is it?

Cheers
I will personally call the police for that offence. We leave that look to the Lebbo's. The Gym is fine though.

As for Tattoo's I have one on my neck, chest, back and to my elbow and no one has said anything/really noticed it.
Old Jul 26th 2012, 10:51 pm
Banned

Desert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to behold

What's this? Only in KSA ladies need to cover up.
Old Jul 27th 2012, 9:07 am
BE Enthusiast

DOHDUBMAN is an unknown quantity at this pointDOHDUBMAN is an unknown quantity at this pointDOHDUBMAN is an unknown quantity at this pointDOHDUBMAN is an unknown quantity at this pointDOHDUBMAN is an unknown quantity at this pointDOHDUBMAN is an unknown quantity at this pointDOHDUBMAN is an unknown quantity at this pointDOHDUBMAN is an unknown quantity at this pointDOHDUBMAN is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by britexpat76
I will personally call the police for that offence. We leave that look to the Lebbo's. The Gym is fine though.

As for Tattoo's I have one on my neck, chest, back and to my elbow and no one has said anything/really noticed it.
haha point taken britexpat

I mean more for out jogging and things. Is it not going to get me arrested or anything tho is it?
Old Jul 28th 2012, 12:14 am
Forum Regular

Jackwow is a name known to allJackwow is a name known to allJackwow is a name known to allJackwow is a name known to allJackwow is a name known to allJackwow is a name known to allJackwow is a name known to allJackwow is a name known to allJackwow is a name known to allJackwow is a name known to allJackwow is a name known to all

As long as it's not a string vest you should be ok.