Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Couple of AD questions.....

Couple of AD questions.....

Old Oct 6th 2010, 6:36 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

busybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Couple of AD questions.....

Originally Posted by soukie
It's the bling ones you need to look out for - black hummers and lots of gold jewellery and tattoos!!! I'm sure you don't fit into that category either BB2!
yeh the number plates give it away

gold jewellery nope, tattoos defo nope. u r right not me at all.
Old Oct 6th 2010, 6:38 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

busybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mummy2dolly
So I'll be cool and 'cool' too ....... result.........

Seriously though... I just want a car that keeps us refridgerated.....I couldn't give a monkey's what the badge says, or where it puts me in the 'keeping up with Jones' stakes.... my car here is a Skoda...... does that not say it all
what year you looking at? i will keep an eye out for ya. and i used to drive a seat alhambra, brill car it was too.
Old Oct 6th 2010, 6:56 pm
Forum Regular

mummy2dolly is a jewel in the roughmummy2dolly is a jewel in the roughmummy2dolly is a jewel in the roughmummy2dolly is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by busybee2
what year you looking at? i will keep an eye out for ya. and i used to drive a seat alhambra, brill car it was too.
Cheers BB2, that would be great, would prefer less than 3 years old, but I guess it depends on the pricetag..... Mr M2D arrives a week Sat and will hopefully get his residence visa a couple of weeks after that so he'll be on the case too
Old Oct 6th 2010, 6:57 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Cheers BB2, that would be great, would prefer less than 3 years old, but I guess it depends on the pricetag..... Mr M2D arrives a week Sat and will hopefully get his residence visa a couple of weeks after that so he'll be on the case too
there are a couple on bsak noticeboard a sporty s4 comes to mind. remember now you have to get an id card before you can register a car, so you will need to get that done too.
Old Oct 6th 2010, 9:27 pm
Forum Regular

mummy2dolly is a jewel in the roughmummy2dolly is a jewel in the roughmummy2dolly is a jewel in the roughmummy2dolly is a jewel in the rough

another question.... I still have my previous driving license, will I be able to use this once I have my residence visa/id card/passport stamped on my forehead or will I have to get a new one?

Last edited by mummy2dolly; Oct 6th 2010 at 9:27 pm. Reason: cos I can't spell license
Old Oct 7th 2010, 2:59 am
BE Forum Addict

Oyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond repute

You can obtain a UAE license using either an original (plus Arabic translation) of either the plastic card or the paper copy of a UK license.
Old Oct 7th 2010, 4:42 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

another question.... I still have my previous driving license, will I be able to use this once I have my residence visa/id card/passport stamped on my forehead or will I have to get a new one?
yes its valid for 10 years unless u cancelled it when you left before.
Old Oct 7th 2010, 4:43 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Oyibopeppeh
You can obtain a UAE license using either an original (plus Arabic translation) of either the plastic card or the paper copy of a UK license.
she is talking about an auh licence as she was here before, so she has been all through that, although its a much easier process to get the licence now in the first place, years ago, it would take 2 "working" days. lol
Old Oct 8th 2010, 7:04 pm
Eva
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Eva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by seven seas
Prob quicker to Khalidia

I would say not...
Unless there are new signals on the way in from maqta &musaffah bridges?
Old Oct 9th 2010, 5:39 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Eva
I would say not...
Unless there are new signals on the way in from maqta &musaffah bridges?
nope the same amount of traffic lights.