Reload this Page >

Cost of Living in Sharjah

Cost of Living in Sharjah

Old Mar 24th 2008, 8:38 am
Forum Regular

fefe76 is an unknown quantity at this point
Exclamation Cost of Living in Sharjah

What is the cost of living in Sharjah?

1. What would be the rent for a small 1BR flat?
2. Would a salary of 7000 + 1500 for accomodation / mnth be enough to survive and save?
Old Mar 24th 2008, 9:07 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Cost of Living in Sharjah

Sounds very low, even for Sharjah. For details of rents have a look at the Gulf News property section

http://www.gnads4u.com/properties
Old Mar 24th 2008, 9:13 am
Big Member

NorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Meow
Sounds very low, even for Sharjah.]
Alternatively, this could be looked at as being paid money to get of Saudi.
Old Mar 24th 2008, 12:18 pm
Forum Regular

BlackCloud is a jewel in the roughBlackCloud is a jewel in the roughBlackCloud is a jewel in the roughBlackCloud is a jewel in the roughBlackCloud is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by fefe76
What is the cost of living in Sharjah?

1. What would be the rent for a small 1BR flat?
2. Would a salary of 7000 + 1500 for accomodation / mnth be enough to survive and save?
I would guess many people in the BE forums would be on a good deal more than 7000 a month and may be a little less than they would be used to. Salaries here in UAE seem to be determined to some extent where you come from i.e. your nationality.

I am in Abu Dhabi and the salary range that I have encountered here so far in my experience is 300Dh a month cleaners, 900Dh a month hotel staff both with accomodation included, 8000Dh for translators from Sudan and Lebanon, people in my social circle (mainly UK) commonly talking of 15-40,000Dh monthly, a friend of mine on 60,000Dh, and then some I know on 140,000Dh monthly. I put this only so as you can relate to salaries here and get some sort of context. How much you spend and save depends on your obligations and lifestyle here and home country.

I find it incrediable that Indian cleaners at my office get around 500Dh in their hand (accomodation and food already paid) but they still send money home to support families.

Can't relate directly to that 1500Dh for that accomodation. My guess is that would pay rent in a good sized single room in a shared villa or apartment. Be useful if you can find a friend to share. If you come with a company they may have some contacts.

Last edited by BlackCloud; Mar 24th 2008 at 12:22 pm.
Old Mar 24th 2008, 12:26 pm
Forum Regular

fefe76 is an unknown quantity at this point

well i can not use the 1500 and take the accommodation provided by work...a one bedroom flat

7000 shud be enuf for one person....shudnt it?

i can always supplement with money my hubby can send me

i dont like shopping much and i dont eat much and i wont need cleaners or any extra services
Old Mar 24th 2008, 3:31 pm
Forum Regular

BlackCloud is a jewel in the roughBlackCloud is a jewel in the roughBlackCloud is a jewel in the roughBlackCloud is a jewel in the roughBlackCloud is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by fefe76
well i can not use the 1500 and take the accommodation provided by work...a one bedroom flat

7000 shud be enuf for one person....shudnt it?

i can always supplement with money my hubby can send me

i dont like shopping much and i dont eat much and i wont need cleaners or any extra services
...well my translator supports a family of wife and 3 kids and a car on 8000 so I would guess so. There are many people on less.