Cost of living

Old Jan 4th 2009, 8:59 am
Just Joined

Banditgolfer is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Cost of living

Hi anyone and everyone,
i've been here 6 weeks and just posting what i've found (im probably going to get bombarded with abuse soon)
accommodation hard to find in AD but there is some, it is expensive 200k-240k for a 2 bed apartment.
villas are nearly impossible to get or are mega expensive.
the cost of most items are more expensive than back home (not by alot but money here is better so is all relative)
I have been to discovery gardens and the springs area and have been offered a 1 bed apartment for 85k-125k, 2 bed for 150k-200k and 2 bed villas for 170k-220k.
These areas are about an 1 and a half hours from AD so is a bit of a drive.
the driving here is the nuttiest i've ever come accross, every taxi driver thinks he is lewis hamilton!! (although they are quite cheap)
I work in construction and it is very slow here many jobs are put on hold.
I hope this helps anyone thinking about making the move, my first 2 weeks here were hell on earth. now things are falling into place and it is quite bearable (almost enjoying) Happy days
Old Jan 4th 2009, 9:09 am
BE Forum Addict

admon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Cost of living

no complaints from me..
Old Jan 4th 2009, 10:01 am
BE Enthusiast

lobby lou is a name known to alllobby lou is a name known to alllobby lou is a name known to alllobby lou is a name known to alllobby lou is a name known to alllobby lou is a name known to alllobby lou is a name known to alllobby lou is a name known to alllobby lou is a name known to alllobby lou is a name known to alllobby lou is a name known to all

Glad to hear ure happy
Old Jan 4th 2009, 10:19 am
BE Forum Addict

IndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Banditgolfer
Hi anyone and everyone,
i've been here 6 weeks and just posting what i've found (im probably going to get bombarded with abuse soon)
accommodation hard to find in AD but there is some, it is expensive 200k-240k for a 2 bed apartment.
villas are nearly impossible to get or are mega expensive.
the cost of most items are more expensive than back home (not by alot but money here is better so is all relative)
I have been to discovery gardens and the springs area and have been offered a 1 bed apartment for 85k-125k, 2 bed for 150k-200k and 2 bed villas for 170k-220k.
These areas are about an 1 and a half hours from AD so is a bit of a drive.
Welcome to the forum and glad that you are finding things are getting better.

I am trying to help a distressed individual (job lost and have left the UAE) who owns a property in the Arabian Ranches. Would you/anyone be interested in renting a 3bed+study and if so how much would you pay? I can then let her know and ask her to get in touch with you. Thanks.

Last edited by IndieG; Jan 4th 2009 at 10:27 am. Reason: Edited to add [renting]
Old Jan 4th 2009, 10:24 am
BE Enthusiast

MrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by IndieG
Welcome to the forum and glad that you are finding things are getting better.

I am trying to help a distressed individual (job lost and have left the UAE) who owns a property in the Arabian Ranches. Would you/anyone be interested in a 3bed+study and if so how much would you pay? I can then let her know and ask her to get in touch with you. Thanks.

I thought i was in a shit position with car finance... property - ouch!
Old Jan 4th 2009, 10:26 am
Go on.. Pull my finger..

TGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MrsHaps
I thought i was in a shit position with car finance... property - ouch!
Still amazes me that anyone would buy here knowing their residency status is subject to their employer..... Lose your job, lose the ability to live in your house....
Old Jan 4th 2009, 10:29 am
BE Enthusiast

MrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TGFKASE
Still amazes me that anyone would buy here knowing their residency status is subject to their employer..... Lose your job, lose the ability to live in your house....
Well newby's will learn from us stupid folk....
Old Jan 4th 2009, 10:32 am
BE Forum Addict

IndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond repute

It is awful. Am also speaking to some of the banks on their behalf.

I think banks will be forced to negotiate interest rates downwards or reschedule debt so that most of the EMI gets covered by rent - otherwise they're going to end up with a lot of problem debts. Let's hope they see some sense (especially the idiots that increased interest rates by 2-3.5% all of a sudden!)
Old Jan 4th 2009, 10:45 am
banned

commander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond repute

3 bed AR,

lets go back to the correct rates for this....(pre stupid greed driven)

ill find someone for 120K pa..
Old Jan 4th 2009, 10:48 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by commander
3 bed AR,

The problem is their EMI is in the region of 25k a month

Am hoping the stupid bank brings down the rate and extends the loan tenor so that her EMI is at least close to the rent she can realistically expect in the current market.
Old Jan 4th 2009, 11:11 am
Account Closed

Ethos83 is an unknown quantity at this point

Whoa.

One of my coworkers owns a three bed+study in Arabian Ranches, detached villa, and her total yearly mortgage payment is 85,000 AED.

O'course, she and her husband were one of the first to buy into Arabian Ranches when it first opened.

Originally Posted by IndieG
The problem is their EMI is in the region of 25k a month

Am hoping the stupid bank brings down the rate and extends the loan tenor so that her EMI is at least close to the rent she can realistically expect in the current market.
Old Jan 4th 2009, 12:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

admon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by commander
3 bed AR,

yep very nearly took a 3 bed saheel for that in 2005. In fact they stayed at 120k until about April 2006.

but for 120k you don't want one next to emirates road.. bloody traffic noise..
Old Jan 4th 2009, 3:59 pm
Just Joined

aadityas is an unknown quantity at this point

well dear friends, welcome to the gang, we are are so much fed up but now we have learned to live with the situation, anybody will have a chance and will fly in seconds, so wait for the time to come...till then enjoy
Old Jan 5th 2009, 3:25 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by aadityas
well dear friends, welcome to the gang, we are are so much fed up but now we have learned to live with the situation, anybody will have a chance and will fly in seconds, so wait for the time to come...till then enjoy

does that mean you are fed up because you have lost out or because you have flew the nest...?
Old Jan 5th 2009, 3:42 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MrsHaps
does that mean you are fed up because you have lost out or because you have flew the nest...?
fed up cos they can't speak English I would imagine

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.