Cost of living

Old Dec 13th 2007, 9:17 am
BE Forum Addict

jvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Cost of living

Originally Posted by shakh your bootie
Pregnant ladies, the disabled and old people I give up my seat for. I have reached that age where I expect a teen-age girl to vacate her seat for me....
They actually had something about a 'baby on board' badge for preggers to wear on the tube... so that a man who would offer a pregnant woman his seat would know she actually was pregnant and not just fat

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/magazine/4330647.stm
Old Dec 13th 2007, 9:17 am
Forum Regular

axlenoyl has a brilliant futureaxlenoyl has a brilliant futureaxlenoyl has a brilliant futureaxlenoyl has a brilliant futureaxlenoyl has a brilliant futureaxlenoyl has a brilliant futureaxlenoyl has a brilliant future

Supply and demand theory doesnt seem to work in health care there, if what i am told is correct about the shortage, I am certainly not working 47hrs + for the salaries they talk about, but of course thats my choice.
It is nice when a man holds a door open but i cannot see my partner as nice as he is standing in a queue and saying ladies first!
Old Dec 13th 2007, 9:20 am
Forum Regular

axlenoyl has a brilliant futureaxlenoyl has a brilliant futureaxlenoyl has a brilliant futureaxlenoyl has a brilliant futureaxlenoyl has a brilliant futureaxlenoyl has a brilliant futureaxlenoyl has a brilliant future

I am infact a midwife supervisor in the Uk and sit on a no of health boards, but doesn't seem to matter in UAE, don't appear to only have midwives and obviously restricted in the main to UK/American led hospitals.
Old Dec 13th 2007, 9:22 am
Forum Regular

When I say don't only have midwuves I mean they also do nursing, which wouldn't be a problem under the right circumstances as I went into midwifery from nursing and into nursing from banking!
Old Dec 13th 2007, 9:25 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

shakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Meow
How rude of the woman to have a go at the man for offering her a seat. That is a complete lack of manners. Much better to politely say 'no thanks, it isn't necessary'.
You get some odd characters in London. I was sat in Holland Park many years back with my exw, who was feeding the firstborn (she was about a week old at the time. The firstborn, not the exw, that is). Anyway, some chappie (well dressed, plummy accent - not some tramp) came up to us and starts saying "Do you, that's wonderful that you should breastfeed in public. How terribly modern - I applaud you...." and continued in that vein to the mortification of the exw, who was a new mum at the time and trying to be discreet... I had to take the gentleman gently by the elbow and walk him away...

Modern etiquette, nightmare.
Old Dec 13th 2007, 9:28 am
Just Joined

katett is just really nicekatett is just really nicekatett is just really nicekatett is just really nicekatett is just really nicekatett is just really nicekatett is just really nicekatett is just really nice

Originally Posted by jvr20
Why is it an issue?

The place is built on supply/demand economics. For each job the going rate is the rate that attracts as many workers as are needed... (in theory)
Being a Sociologist and not an Economist i dont think that anywhere is 'built' entirely on supply and demand and other factors do come into play eg, religion, gender etc but hey....its a personal thing!
Old Dec 13th 2007, 9:29 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

shakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by axlenoyl
When I say don't only have midwuves I mean they also do nursing, which wouldn't be a problem under the right circumstances as I went into midwifery from nursing and into nursing from banking!
If you're looking to work part-time as a trainer in nursing you might be interested in this:

http://recruit.hct.ac.ae/job_details.asp?job_seq=16512
Old Dec 13th 2007, 9:54 am
Forum Regular

Thank you for the link
Old Dec 13th 2007, 5:24 pm
Forum Regular

Can anyone give some idea of cost of furnishing 3 bed apartments/villas out in Dubai, without going daft I mean, is there a similar type of retail such as rooms to go in the states or an Ikea
Old Dec 13th 2007, 5:26 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Madam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond repute

Can anyone give some idea of cost of furnishing 3 bed apartments/villas out in Dubai, without going daft I mean, is there a similar type of retail such as rooms to go in the states or an Ikea
yes, there is ikea...and they also deliver and assemble it if you spend over a certain amount, very civilised...

MM, xx
Old Dec 13th 2007, 5:27 pm
live life to the max

mythic has a reputation beyond reputemythic has a reputation beyond reputemythic has a reputation beyond reputemythic has a reputation beyond reputemythic has a reputation beyond reputemythic has a reputation beyond reputemythic has a reputation beyond reputemythic has a reputation beyond reputemythic has a reputation beyond reputemythic has a reputation beyond reputemythic has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Madam Medusa
yes, there is ikea...and they also deliver and assemble it if you spend over a certain amount, very civilised...

MM, xx
what MM and ikea in the same thread, an gobsmacked
Old Dec 13th 2007, 5:29 pm
hmmmm...nice

MataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond repute

hmmmmm....I'd say around 35.000...including kitchen appliances, TV, bedlinnen etc...ready to move in basically...mostely Ikea with a few other things thrown in to avoid the typical Ikea look...
Old Dec 13th 2007, 5:30 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Madam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mythic
what MM and ikea in the same thread, an gobsmacked
hahahaha...as i said, i only do the deliver and non-self assembly version...

MM, xx
Old Dec 13th 2007, 5:36 pm
Forum Regular

Obviously no one out for a drink tonight over there, do you all meet up for social gatherings, either with or without the lord and master.

In apartments is the AC always included in the rent, what about water is this seperatly metered or a fixed charge.
Old Dec 13th 2007, 5:37 pm
hmmmm...nice

MataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond repute

Obviously no one out for a drink tonight over there, do you all meet up for social gatherings, either with or without the lord and master.

In apartments is the AC always included in the rent, what about water is this seperatly metered or a fixed charge.
errrr...what lord and master....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.