Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

cost of containers

cost of containers

Old Dec 9th 2007, 1:19 pm
Banned

Dubai_Chick has a reputation beyond reputeDubai_Chick has a reputation beyond reputeDubai_Chick has a reputation beyond reputeDubai_Chick has a reputation beyond reputeDubai_Chick has a reputation beyond reputeDubai_Chick has a reputation beyond reputeDubai_Chick has a reputation beyond reputeDubai_Chick has a reputation beyond reputeDubai_Chick has a reputation beyond reputeDubai_Chick has a reputation beyond reputeDubai_Chick has a reputation beyond repute
Default cost of containers

I have a few questions on the cost of containers and moving stuff from UK to Dubai. Hope someone can help.

1. how much does it cost to use a shipping company to ship a container of goods from UK to here?
2. do you pay by container or is by cubic meter?
3. will they come in and pack up all the stuff for me or do I need to box up the smaller goods?
4. in Dubai will they set things up such as beds?
5. how long does it take to reach Dubai and clear customs?
6. best companies to use?
Old Dec 9th 2007, 7:36 pm
Powered by cows

Autonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: cost of containers

we used GBLINERS to ship a load of stuff here.Not a whole container, but a lot. They were, from start to finish, great. Really - the UK packing was excellent, careful and sensible. To tracking the shipping, to DXB arrival where they cleared it and shipped it loccally through the good company of Writer Relocations.... then into the apartment and unpacked.

Seriously - One of the best services.....

Get a quote from them.

Originally Posted by Dubai_Chick
I have a few questions on the cost of containers and moving stuff from UK to Dubai. Hope someone can help.

1. how much does it cost to use a shipping company to ship a container of goods from UK to here?
2. do you pay by container or is by cubic meter?
3. will they come in and pack up all the stuff for me or do I need to box up the smaller goods?
4. in Dubai will they set things up such as beds?
5. how long does it take to reach Dubai and clear customs?
6. best companies to use?
Old Dec 10th 2007, 2:59 am
Account Closed

Emerald_Eyes is an unknown quantity at this point

I used Anglo Pacific and paid 650 pounds for 56 cubic feet in a shared container, this was in addition to the liability protection of 400 pounds. My company was willing to pay for my own container, but AP convinced me to get a shared container because I didn't have that much stuff to ship. They quoted me a 3 to 6 week start to finish time line, but I have now been told that that I will only get my stuff 2.5 months from the date that they packed up my items because they weren't able to fill up my shared container in time for the earlier shipping date.
Old Dec 10th 2007, 6:01 pm
Banned

Dubai_Chick has a reputation beyond reputeDubai_Chick has a reputation beyond reputeDubai_Chick has a reputation beyond reputeDubai_Chick has a reputation beyond reputeDubai_Chick has a reputation beyond reputeDubai_Chick has a reputation beyond reputeDubai_Chick has a reputation beyond reputeDubai_Chick has a reputation beyond reputeDubai_Chick has a reputation beyond reputeDubai_Chick has a reputation beyond reputeDubai_Chick has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Emerald_Eyes
I used Anglo Pacific and paid 650 pounds for 56 cubic feet in a shared container, this was in addition to the liability protection of 400 pounds. My company was willing to pay for my own container, but AP convinced me to get a shared container because I didn't have that much stuff to ship. They quoted me a 3 to 6 week start to finish time line, but I have now been told that that I will only get my stuff 2.5 months from the date that they packed up my items because they weren't able to fill up my shared container in time for the earlier shipping date.
Think I will avoid them then
Old Dec 10th 2007, 6:01 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by Autonomy
we used GBLINERS to ship a load of stuff here.Not a whole container, but a lot. They were, from start to finish, great. Really - the UK packing was excellent, careful and sensible. To tracking the shipping, to DXB arrival where they cleared it and shipped it loccally through the good company of Writer Relocations.... then into the apartment and unpacked.

Seriously - One of the best services.....

Get a quote from them.
Thank you. Will give them a shout