Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Conviction a block to Qatar

Conviction a block to Qatar

Old Mar 9th 2013, 7:36 pm
  #1  
Forum Regular
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 46
kingsbury100 is a jewel in the roughkingsbury100 is a jewel in the roughkingsbury100 is a jewel in the roughkingsbury100 is a jewel in the roughkingsbury100 is a jewel in the rough
Unhappy Conviction a block to Qatar

Hi All,

I am hoping to take up a post with a Qatari governmental organisation , but i have two things against me . One was a caution when i was 15 for shoplifting, the other was for being drunk and being put in cells for a night about 5 years ago.

I have looked at different websites and i am not clear on what they need , i.e basic, disclosure Scotland, enhanced , subject access , police certificates and so on ad infinitum !

If they ask me for a subject access request the above will show up , if they ask for a basic disclosure i will be ok Or is there no regular way of them processing this and it changes dependent on where you work.

It would be such a nightmare if the stupidity of one night out and being an idiot kid puts the scuppers on this opportunity

thank you so much for your advice
kingsbury100 is offline  
Old Mar 9th 2013, 8:16 pm
  #2  
Shark Fisherman
 
britexpat76's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2012
Location: Doha
Posts: 4,568
britexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Conviction a block to Qatar

Originally Posted by kingsbury100
Hi All,

I am hoping to take up a post with a Qatari governmental organisation , but i have two things against me . One was a caution when i was 15 for shoplifting, the other was for being drunk and being put in cells for a night about 5 years ago.

I have looked at different websites and i am not clear on what they need , i.e basic, disclosure Scotland, enhanced , subject access , police certificates and so on ad infinitum !

If they ask me for a subject access request the above will show up , if they ask for a basic disclosure i will be ok Or is there no regular way of them processing this and it changes dependent on where you work.

It would be such a nightmare if the stupidity of one night out and being an idiot kid puts the scuppers on this opportunity

thank you so much for your advice
Cautions last on record for 5 years. Was it longer than 5 years ago?
britexpat76 is offline  
Old Mar 9th 2013, 8:32 pm
  #3  
Forum Regular
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 46
kingsbury100 is a jewel in the roughkingsbury100 is a jewel in the roughkingsbury100 is a jewel in the roughkingsbury100 is a jewel in the roughkingsbury100 is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Conviction a block to Qatar

Originally Posted by britexpat76
Cautions last on record for 5 years. Was it longer than 5 years ago?
yep , trouble is with a subject access request it shows up ,no matter how long ago
kingsbury100 is offline  
Old Mar 10th 2013, 1:47 am
  #4  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Feb 2010
Posts: 263
mathematist will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Conviction a block to Qatar

I think it depends on which organisation or company you work for.

If it's a govt. place, expect them to employ agencies to check out everything about you otherwise private companies may not be as thorough...
mathematist is offline  
Old Mar 10th 2013, 6:55 am
  #5  
Shark Fisherman
 
britexpat76's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2012
Location: Doha
Posts: 4,568
britexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Conviction a block to Qatar

Originally Posted by kingsbury100
yep , trouble is with a subject access request it shows up ,no matter how long ago
Can you not get it checked yourself before they do?
britexpat76 is offline  
Old Mar 10th 2013, 7:27 am
  #6  
Onwards and Upwards!
 
Joined: Sep 2010
Posts: 884
Johnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Conviction a block to Qatar

A Basic Disclosure from Disclosure Scotland is all you need and can be ordered yourself online and delivered to your UK address. It will then require to be notarised by a UK Solicitor, then stamped by UK FCO, then stamped by the Qatar Embassay in London, then stamped by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Qatar (near Gulf Signal on C-Ring Road), then submitted to the Qatar CID office (Off Salwa Rd, south of Industrial Interchange) with an application for a CID check (your employer will likely do this for you if you were recruited overseas).

Your UK cautions won't show up.
Johnnyboy11 is offline  
Old Mar 10th 2013, 9:00 am
  #7  
BE Forum Addict
 
Joined: Mar 2011
Posts: 1,132
jackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Conviction a block to Qatar

Originally Posted by kingsbury100
Hi All,

I am hoping to take up a post with a Qatari governmental organisation , but i have two things against me . One was a caution when i was 15 for shoplifting, the other was for being drunk and being put in cells for a night about 5 years ago.

I have looked at different websites and i am not clear on what they need , i.e basic, disclosure Scotland, enhanced , subject access , police certificates and so on ad infinitum !

If they ask me for a subject access request the above will show up , if they ask for a basic disclosure i will be ok Or is there no regular way of them processing this and it changes dependent on where you work.

It would be such a nightmare if the stupidity of one night out and being an idiot kid puts the scuppers on this opportunity

thank you so much for your advice
'Conviction a Block to Qatar?' I'm surprised they didn't list it as a Qualification!
jackthehat is offline  
Old Mar 10th 2013, 11:07 am
  #8  
Lost in BE Cyberspace
 
Joined: Nov 2012
Location: bute
Posts: 9,740
scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Conviction a block to Qatar

There is a proposal that this should be a requiurement. QWatar could become the New Van Diemens Land.
scot47 is offline  
Old Mar 10th 2013, 2:51 pm
  #9  
Forum Regular
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 46
kingsbury100 is a jewel in the roughkingsbury100 is a jewel in the roughkingsbury100 is a jewel in the roughkingsbury100 is a jewel in the roughkingsbury100 is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Conviction a block to Qatar

Originally Posted by britexpat76
Can you not get it checked yourself before they do?
I am in the process of doing this at the moment, but i am stressing and losing what little hair i have left !
kingsbury100 is offline  
Old Mar 10th 2013, 2:56 pm
  #10  
Shark Fisherman
 
britexpat76's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2012
Location: Doha
Posts: 4,568
britexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Conviction a block to Qatar

Que Sera, Sera. You are not losing anything by finding out now (Except the hair) I had 2 cautions in my life too, one at 15 and one at 20 and neither have bit me on the arse yet and I have had to have clearance for airfields etc in the UK
britexpat76 is offline  
Old Mar 10th 2013, 2:58 pm
  #11  
Forum Regular
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 46
kingsbury100 is a jewel in the roughkingsbury100 is a jewel in the roughkingsbury100 is a jewel in the roughkingsbury100 is a jewel in the roughkingsbury100 is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Conviction a block to Qatar

Originally Posted by Johnnyboy11
A Basic Disclosure from Disclosure Scotland is all you need and can be ordered yourself online and delivered to your UK address. It will then require to be notarised by a UK Solicitor, then stamped by UK FCO, then stamped by the Qatar Embassay in London, then stamped by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Qatar (near Gulf Signal on C-Ring Road), then submitted to the Qatar CID office (Off Salwa Rd, south of Industrial Interchange) with an application for a CID check (your employer will likely do this for you if you were recruited overseas).

Your UK cautions won't show up.
Hi Johnny boy , you seem very certain of the fact that they will only want a basic CRB (and i pray to god you are right!!!!) Do you mind me asking how you are so sure? Is it always the same process no matter what government organisation you are working for ?

Also can you please tell me what a CID check is ? I wouldn't want to come out here on a basic and then they do a deeper investigation and i have to go home again
kingsbury100 is offline  
Old Mar 10th 2013, 3:03 pm
  #12  
Forum Regular
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 46
kingsbury100 is a jewel in the roughkingsbury100 is a jewel in the roughkingsbury100 is a jewel in the roughkingsbury100 is a jewel in the roughkingsbury100 is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Conviction a block to Qatar

Originally Posted by britexpat76
Que Sera, Sera. You are not losing anything by finding out now (Except the hair) I had 2 cautions in my life too, one at 15 and one at 20 and neither have bit me on the arse yet and I have had to have clearance for airfields etc in the UK
Funnily enough i am not so worried about getting into the country and the officials not letting me in , more that the actual organisation i am working for finding out and revoking my job offer,

Although i probably have got this arse about face
kingsbury100 is offline  
Old Mar 10th 2013, 3:34 pm
  #13  
womble
 
Joined: Sep 2005
Posts: 2,675
OriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Conviction a block to Qatar

Interestingly, we just lost an excellent chap as he didn't pass the CID security clearance... made us all very interested, but it was prob for something tedious.
OriginalSunshine is offline  
Old Mar 10th 2013, 3:47 pm
  #14  
Forum Regular
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 46
kingsbury100 is a jewel in the roughkingsbury100 is a jewel in the roughkingsbury100 is a jewel in the roughkingsbury100 is a jewel in the roughkingsbury100 is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Conviction a block to Qatar

Originally Posted by OriginalSunshine
Interestingly, we just lost an excellent chap as he didn't pass the CID security clearance... made us all very interested, but it was prob for something tedious.
never has a username had more contrast with the answer you gave , c'mon sunshine your killing me
kingsbury100 is offline  

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.