Reload this Page >

Contraceptive injection in Qatar

Contraceptive injection in Qatar

Old Mar 18th 2014, 9:59 am
Forum Regular

JamesandTamsin is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Contraceptive injection in Qatar

Maybe a bit of an odd question..

My wife has a regular contraceptive injection which she has done in the UK at her local doctors surgery.

I have private healthcare as part of my package but it states that it does not cover contraceptives. I have no issue with paying for this myself but I want to know If this is available in Qatar?

Are there doctors surgeries as in the UK?

Thanks in advance

James
Old Mar 18th 2014, 2:49 pm
womble

OriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Contraceptive injection in Qatar

I'd call up some of the hospitals and ask specifically. Finding decent gynaes in the Middle East is a nightmare, a lot of medicines, particularly hormones, are banned. I even had trouble getting an implant out - took 6 weeks and almost a trip back to UK to find someone.
Old Mar 19th 2014, 10:59 am
BE Enthusiast

Mogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to all

Originally Posted by JamesandTamsin View Post

My wife has a regular contraceptive injection which she has done in the UK at her local doctors surgery.

I have private healthcare as part of my package but it states that it does not cover contraceptives. I have no issue with paying for this myself but I want to know If this is available in Qatar?

Thanks in advance

James
Not much help, but she can get them in Dubai (as my wife does).

I guess if you can get them here, you should be able to get them there.
Old Mar 19th 2014, 12:23 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by OriginalSunshine View Post
I'd call up some of the hospitals and ask specifically. Finding decent gynaes in the Middle East is a nightmare, a lot of medicines, particularly hormones, are banned. I even had trouble getting an implant out - took 6 weeks and almost a trip back to UK to find someone.
Please excuse my ignorance but by gynaes I assume you mean a gynaecologist?

would you need to get the injection from here in Qatar? It's usually in her leg lol
Old Mar 19th 2014, 12:40 pm
womble

OriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mogs View Post
Not much help, but she can get them in Dubai (as my wife does).

I guess if you can get them here, you should be able to get them there.
Mogs - loads of stuff you can get in Dubai you can't get in Oman, Qatar, Kuwait.... I know men who need male version of HRT who have to regularly fly to Dubai to pick up their prescription. (and yes I fully appreciate that can be ripped into piss take wise, but I'm saying it in innocence ).
Old Mar 20th 2014, 7:49 am
BE Enthusiast

Mogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to all

Originally Posted by OriginalSunshine View Post
Mogs - loads of stuff you can get in Dubai you can't get in Oman, Qatar, Kuwait.... I know men who need male version of HRT who have to regularly fly to Dubai to pick up their prescription. (and yes I fully appreciate that can be ripped into piss take wise, but I'm saying it in innocence ).
Hence my opening comment, "not much help"
Old Mar 21st 2014, 2:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

co durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JamesandTamsin View Post

Thanks in advance

James
Im told on good authority you'll get it at the Al Ahli hospital .
Old Mar 21st 2014, 4:37 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by co durham boy View Post
Im told on good authority you'll get it at the Al Ahli hospital .
Thank you