British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Middle East (https://britishexpats.com/forum/middle-east-60/)
-   -   Contraceptive injection in Qatar (https://britishexpats.com/forum/middle-east-60/contraceptive-injection-qatar-828889/)

JamesandTamsin Mar 18th 2014 9:59 am

Contraceptive injection in Qatar

Maybe a bit of an odd question..

My wife has a regular contraceptive injection which she has done in the UK at her local doctors surgery.

I have private healthcare as part of my package but it states that it does not cover contraceptives. I have no issue with paying for this myself but I want to know If this is available in Qatar?

Are there doctors surgeries as in the UK?

Thanks in advance :)

James

OriginalSunshine Mar 18th 2014 2:49 pm

Re: Contraceptive injection in Qatar

I'd call up some of the hospitals and ask specifically. Finding decent gynaes in the Middle East is a nightmare, a lot of medicines, particularly hormones, are banned. I even had trouble getting an implant out - took 6 weeks and almost a trip back to UK to find someone.

Mogs Mar 19th 2014 10:59 am

Originally Posted by JamesandTamsin (Post 11178111)

My wife has a regular contraceptive injection which she has done in the UK at her local doctors surgery.

I have private healthcare as part of my package but it states that it does not cover contraceptives. I have no issue with paying for this myself but I want to know If this is available in Qatar?

James

Not much help, but she can get them in Dubai (as my wife does).

I guess if you can get them here, you should be able to get them there.

JamesandTamsin Mar 19th 2014 12:23 pm

Originally Posted by OriginalSunshine (Post 11178543)
I'd call up some of the hospitals and ask specifically. Finding decent gynaes in the Middle East is a nightmare, a lot of medicines, particularly hormones, are banned. I even had trouble getting an implant out - took 6 weeks and almost a trip back to UK to find someone.

Please excuse my ignorance but by gynaes I assume you mean a gynaecologist?

would you need to get the injection from here in Qatar? It's usually in her leg lol :D

OriginalSunshine Mar 19th 2014 12:40 pm

Originally Posted by Mogs (Post 11180125)
Not much help, but she can get them in Dubai (as my wife does).

I guess if you can get them here, you should be able to get them there.

Mogs - loads of stuff you can get in Dubai you can't get in Oman, Qatar, Kuwait.... I know men who need male version of HRT who have to regularly fly to Dubai to pick up their prescription. (and yes I fully appreciate that can be ripped into piss take wise, but I'm saying it in innocence :D ).

Mogs Mar 20th 2014 7:49 am

Originally Posted by OriginalSunshine (Post 11180301)
Mogs - loads of stuff you can get in Dubai you can't get in Oman, Qatar, Kuwait.... I know men who need male version of HRT who have to regularly fly to Dubai to pick up their prescription. (and yes I fully appreciate that can be ripped into piss take wise, but I'm saying it in innocence :D ).

Hence my opening comment, "not much help"

co durham boy Mar 21st 2014 2:28 pm

Originally Posted by JamesandTamsin (Post 11178111)

James

Im told on good authority you'll get it at the Al Ahli hospital .

JamesandTamsin Mar 21st 2014 4:37 pm

Originally Posted by co durham boy (Post 11184126)
Im told on good authority you'll get it at the Al Ahli hospital .

Thank you :)