Reload this Page >

Continental Village Compound in Jeddah

Continental Village Compound in Jeddah

Old Jan 30th 2013, 11:01 am
Just Joined

Sherry78 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Continental Village Compound in Jeddah

Hi everyone,

My husband and I will be living here from August this year. Is there anyone out there who can tell me a bit about it. Are there any facilities such as a gym, pool, shops? Any info would be great as I cannot find anything online.
Old Jan 30th 2013, 10:04 pm
Banned

Desert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Continental Village Compound in Jeddah

I lived within quarter mile from it (in Lotus 4) and I've never heard of it. Quick google search reveals that it appears to be run by Philippino mafia and at least those who shared their experience online were it happy. Google earth shows a small compound so I would not expect any facilities beyond the pool and perhaps a gym. Overall does not seem great.
Old Jan 31st 2013, 7:37 am
Just Joined

Thanks. Yes I read the thing about the Philipino mafia, but that was from one person. Someone did get back to me on another post. You are right, it is quite small but has spacious apartments and villas, pools and gym, grocers but no restaurants. I guess pretty standard for teaching accommodation. I guess if it's bad m, we at least have the option to move on campus. Thanks for your research!!
Old Jan 31st 2013, 8:03 am
Off Topic

northbadawi is just really nicenorthbadawi is just really nicenorthbadawi is just really nicenorthbadawi is just really nicenorthbadawi is just really nicenorthbadawi is just really nicenorthbadawi is just really nicenorthbadawi is just really nicenorthbadawi is just really nicenorthbadawi is just really nicenorthbadawi is just really nice

Originally Posted by Sherry78
My husband and I will be living here from August this year.
Don't be so sure if you are not yet in Saudi.
And if you will be sponsored by your husband then it will be at least three months gap after his arrival until he gets an iqama and then a visa for your arrival. So you will have time to know all details from him.
Old Jan 31st 2013, 8:53 am
Just Joined

Thank you. I was told 6 weeks to 8 weeks - but 3 months? I'm going to try and get a teaching job too before he gets there so I too can get an Iqama!
Old Jan 31st 2013, 9:08 am
BE Forum Addict

mentalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond repute

When I worked in Jeddah over 7 years ago, Continental Village was in a poor state of disrepair and pretty run down. Maybe since then they have knocked it down and built a new one, but I sincerely doubt it. Can you not get some recent photographs from somebody connected with the company?
Old Jan 31st 2013, 8:15 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute

There is not always a time lapse between arrival of employee and arrival of dependants. Some employers manage to fix it so familiues come in together.

If there is a probationary period there may be a delay. I had that when withn the Airline in Jeddah. When my 3 month probationary period was served, my dependants joined me. When I took a job with a univerity it was possible to travel together with family on initial flight to KSA.