Contacts In Dubai

Old Sep 28th 2004, 1:02 pm
Just Joined

RAMver1.1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Post Contacts In Dubai

Hi,
I plan to visit Dubai frm India in Oct 2004 with my wife. We have decided to take the plunge and give dubai a shot. Our visas are under processing (any idea how long it takes to get a visit visa) so we hope to be there nxt month. I work as a business development manager for a software development firm and my wife works as a HR exec. for a MNC. Given the profiles we would gr8ly appreciate it if you could pass on some contacts in recruitment firms and companies in dubai, who we could meet in relation to getting a job in dubai. Also any interview tips that are unique to this region.

You see I am being sent to Dubai on a visit frm my present employer, we are setting up a small business unit there. I may be posted here for a extended period of time depending on the job at hand. I have also been offered a residential status if I am happy with the living conditions there. So we are in 2 minds as to what to do, we feel the change is good on the other hand we miss all the luxuries back home.

Last edited by RAMver1.1; Sep 29th 2004 at 4:12 am.
Old Sep 28th 2004, 1:07 pm
Simply Brilliant

Cherrypie is just really niceCherrypie is just really niceCherrypie is just really niceCherrypie is just really niceCherrypie is just really niceCherrypie is just really niceCherrypie is just really niceCherrypie is just really niceCherrypie is just really nice
Default Re: Contacts In Dubai

Originally Posted by RAMver1.1
Hi,
I plan to visit Dubai in Oct 2004 with my wife. We have decided to take the plunge and give dubai a shot. Our visas are under processing (any idea how long it takes to get a visit visa) so we hope to be there nxt month. I work as a business development manager for a software development firm and my wife works as a HR exec. for a MNC. Given our profiles we would gr8ly appreciate it if you could pass on some contacts in recruitment firms and companies in dubai, who we could meet in relation to getting a job in dubai. Also any interview tips that are unique to this region.
Where are you going from? Most travellers from western countries just get their visas on arrival, at the airport.
Old Sep 28th 2004, 1:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

Calgarian is just really niceCalgarian is just really niceCalgarian is just really niceCalgarian is just really niceCalgarian is just really niceCalgarian is just really niceCalgarian is just really niceCalgarian is just really niceCalgarian is just really niceCalgarian is just really niceCalgarian is just really nice

Hi,
I plan to visit Dubai frm India in Oct 2004 with my wife. We have decided to take the plunge and give dubai a shot. Our visas are under processing (any idea how long it takes to get a visit visa) so we hope to be there nxt month. I work as a business development manager for a software development firm and my wife works as a HR exec. for a MNC. Given our profiles we would gr8ly appreciate it if you could pass on some contacts in recruitment firms and companies in dubai, who we could meet in relation to getting a job in dubai. Also any interview tips that are unique to this region.
It will take about a month to get the visa from India . I have relative in India who got his visa within a month. He has a relative who sent visit visa to him from dubai.

Good Luck

Khan
Old Sep 29th 2004, 1:34 pm
Forum Regular

Rinali is an unknown quantity at this point

[QUOTE=RAMver1.1]Hi,
I plan to visit Dubai frm India in Oct 2004 with my wife. We have decided to take the plunge and give dubai a shot. Our visas are under processing (any idea how long it takes to get a visit visa) /QUOTE]

Hi Ram,
Visit visas take about 3-4 working days, I think you must be coming here on an employment visa, I am not sure of the processing times in this case.
If you want any specific info on life here send me a PM.

Rinali
Old Sep 30th 2004, 6:07 am
Forum Regular

MCA27 will become famous soon enoughMCA27 will become famous soon enough

Hi,
I plan to visit Dubai frm India in Oct 2004 with my wife. We have decided to take the plunge and give dubai a shot. Our visas are under processing (any idea how long it takes to get a visit visa) so we hope to be there nxt month. I work as a business development manager for a software development firm and my wife works as a HR exec. for a MNC. Given the profiles we would gr8ly appreciate it if you could pass on some contacts in recruitment firms and companies in dubai, who we could meet in relation to getting a job in dubai. Also any interview tips that are unique to this region.

You see I am being sent to Dubai on a visit frm my present employer, we are setting up a small business unit there. I may be posted here for a extended period of time depending on the job at hand. I have also been offered a residential status if I am happy with the living conditions there. So we are in 2 minds as to what to do, we feel the change is good on the other hand we miss all the luxuries back home.
you say you are being sent by your employer in order to set up a business unit in dubai and at the same time you want contacts in rec firms in order to get a job........????

are you planning to move jobs once you arrive? If so, be careful, because I think your current company could make it difficult for you to switch......
Old Sep 30th 2004, 12:34 pm
Just Joined

The contacts in recruitment firms is for my wife. I also dont mind taking a look at the job scene myself if anything interesting pops up.

Originally Posted by malamri
you say you are being sent by your employer in order to set up a business unit in dubai and at the same time you want contacts in rec firms in order to get a job........????

are you planning to move jobs once you arrive? If so, be careful, because I think your current company could make it difficult for you to switch......
Old Sep 30th 2004, 12:37 pm
Just Joined

Post Re: Contacts In Dubai

Thx Rinali, will send a PM if I require any additional info.

[QUOTE=Rinali]
Hi,
I plan to visit Dubai frm India in Oct 2004 with my wife. We have decided to take the plunge and give dubai a shot. Our visas are under processing (any idea how long it takes to get a visit visa) /QUOTE]

Hi Ram,
Visit visas take about 3-4 working days, I think you must be coming here on an employment visa, I am not sure of the processing times in this case.
If you want any specific info on life here send me a PM.

Rinali