Reload this Page >

IT Consultant salary

IT Consultant salary

Old Jul 27th 2011, 11:33 am
Just Joined

aok_aok is an unknown quantity at this point
Default IT Consultant salary

Hello.

I would like to know roughly what a "good" salary all include would be in Riyadh in Saudi Arabia.

Role as IT Consultant (Datawarehouse and BI). I am married /have one chil (8 years),

I'd like to have an idea.

Thanks so far

aok
Old Jul 27th 2011, 2:31 pm
Token Scandinavian Bloke

norsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: IT Consultant salary

First of all you need to define exactly what kind of IT Consultant you are as it can mean anything and everything..

Are you a project manager, architect, business analyst, system analyst, developer? Also where are you from and where is your experience from? (sorry, but it matters here)

And be aware that you will compete with thousands of Indians and Pakistanis for these kind of jobs..
Old Jul 27th 2011, 4:30 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by norsk
First of all you need to define exactly what kind of IT Consultant you are as it can mean anything and everything..

Are you a project manager, architect, business analyst, system analyst, developer? Also where are you from and where is your experience from? (sorry, but it matters here)

And be aware that you will compete with thousands of Indians and Pakistanis for these kind of jobs..

Thank you for your answer

I am ETL Architect with 17 years experience in IT and 10 years as Consultant.
I am Belgian. I am not afraid of indian's compete, because the company need consultant that speak Arabic and I speak arabic
Old Jul 27th 2011, 10:18 pm
Forum Regular

sherri has much to be proud ofsherri has much to be proud ofsherri has much to be proud ofsherri has much to be proud ofsherri has much to be proud ofsherri has much to be proud ofsherri has much to be proud ofsherri has much to be proud ofsherri has much to be proud ofsherri has much to be proud ofsherri has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by aok_aok
Hello.

I would like to know roughly what a "good" salary all include would be in Riyadh in Saudi Arabia.

Role as IT Consultant (Datawarehouse and BI). I am married /have one chil (8 years),

I'd like to have an idea.

Thanks so far

aok
Depending on the company, the remuneration package would be between $9000 to $15000 per month - all inclusive (basic, housing-usually 3x basic salary & transportaion alowance) + you should get family medical and return annual tickets for self, spouse and up to 2 children. Also, approx. $5000 relocation, you may get more.

Considering a)it's completely dry, b)there's f-all to do in Riyadh and c) villa in a compound and schools fees are extortionate, I wouldn’t accept anything less than $14500 pm if it's a management position or $12500 if I'm going to work there as an ETL Architect.
Old Jul 28th 2011, 3:21 am
You read these things?

auzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sherri
Depending on the company, the remuneration package would be between $9000 to $15000 per month - all inclusive (basic, housing-usually 3x basic salary & transportaion alowance) + you should get family medical and return annual tickets for self, spouse and up to 2 children. Also, approx. $5000 relocation, you may get more.

Considering a)it's completely dry, b)there's f-all to do in Riyadh and c) villa in a compound and schools fees are extortionate, I wouldn’t accept anything less than $14500 pm if it's a management position or $12500 if I'm going to work there as an ETL Architect.
Also, bear in mind, the Saudi market is booming at the moment as far as IT infrastructure investment goes, especially compared to the rest of the GCC and Middle East, so if they try and tell you some sob story and offer you a lower wage because of it, tell them where to go.
Old Jul 28th 2011, 6:22 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by auzdafluff
Also, bear in mind, the Saudi market is booming at the moment as far as IT infrastructure investment goes, especially compared to the rest of the GCC and Middle East, so if they try and tell you some sob story and offer you a lower wage because of it, tell them where to go.
Thank you all for your help