Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Security Rejection

Security Rejection

Old Oct 9th 2017, 7:10 am
Just Joined

fchaudari76 is an unknown quantity at this point
Exclamation Security Rejection

Hi everyone. I am in Sharjah and sponsored my husband for his residency visa. It got rejected due to "security" reasons.
They don't tell you the exact reason but he has a clean record and has previously worked in the GCC so not sure what has happened.
I am on a British passport he is on an Australian passport and I have successfully sponsored and got residency for my daughter.
Really stuck as to how to proceed now. My work HR and PRO are no help so whatever you suggest I do it has to be something I can do on my own
Old Oct 9th 2017, 7:20 am
BE Forum Addict

mission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Security Rejection

i don't know if this is true, but I heard certain professions along with their nationality aren't deemed 'prestige' enough for the women to sponsor their spouse. I know this used to be true for females who were Pakistanis, who unless they were a doctor or something of 'higher deemed' profession, they cannot sponsor their husbands. Unless of course, things have changed.
Old Oct 9th 2017, 9:04 am
BE Forum Addict

DXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond repute

Your husband may have an Australian passport but was he born someplace else? Syria? Iraq? Afghanistan? That can often be the reason.

On the bright side, he can keep doing visa runs every month on an Australian passport until he gets a job of his own. Assuming his employment visa gets approved.
Old Oct 9th 2017, 9:31 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

I'm kinda guessing by your username that you and your husband have non-anglo-saxon names on these passports. By extension if you're also a Muslim that is likely to make life a bit harder.

There's no recourse, no court of appeal. Visa runs and look for a job.
Old Oct 9th 2017, 9:33 am
Forum Regular

Taz786 is an unknown quantity at this point

My visa application gets rejected initially due to security concerns. As mentioned by previous poster, its cause I wasn't born in the UK but have a British passport. The PRO generally goes back with further documentation till it gets approved. I have never done it on my own.

I've had to provide my previous nationality passport, birth certificate and my dads passport in previous instances. I am currently applying for a new visa as I am transferring jobs again therefore will wait to see what else I need to provide this time.
Old Oct 10th 2017, 4:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

Ditzy has much to be proud ofDitzy has much to be proud ofDitzy has much to be proud ofDitzy has much to be proud ofDitzy has much to be proud ofDitzy has much to be proud ofDitzy has much to be proud ofDitzy has much to be proud ofDitzy has much to be proud ofDitzy has much to be proud ofDitzy has much to be proud of

It is best if you speak to Immigration directly and find out what the problem is, it is likely that your husband's name matches a name on a list somewhere, so you have to set out to prove that he is not that person, and resubmit the application again.

To do this, they may ask for your husband's parent's birth certificates, and then these will also require to be attested etc. Once you have resubmitted proof that your husband is fine, it will be a relatively easy process to have the security clearance done on his visa.

Good luck!