British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Middle East (https://britishexpats.com/forum/middle-east-60/)
-   -   Consultant Doctor Salaries Abu Dhabi (https://britishexpats.com/forum/middle-east-60/consultant-doctor-salaries-abu-dhabi-544813/)

turkishbritish Jun 23rd 2008 9:41 pm

Consultant Doctor Salaries Abu Dhabi

Hi Everyone,

My wife is offered a job in Abu Dhabi however we are not very sure we are offered the right financial package. R there any UK trained consultants who are members of this forum who can advise us ?

I am also curious about the registration process of the schools there. I have sent all the documents for registration for Al Yasmina two weeks ago and still we have not heard anything from them. if any of you are lucky enough to hear from them can you please advise me how much longer i need to wait? or if you can advise me any other British schools with good facilities .

Many Thanks

busybee2 Jun 24th 2008 4:54 am

Re: Consultant Doctor Salaries Abu Dhabi

its a very very busy time of year for the registrar of any school here, people are finding it very very very difficult finding places at any of the good schools here, yasmina is a new school opening hopefully at beginning of september, but there are waiting lists at all the 3 british schools, bsak (old established) pearl (new primary school this year) and yasmina (new in september). I know that yasmina have added an extra class onto their years as they have the need and also they are on track to open basicially on time, but they are only going up to year 9 in the first instance. Unfortunately you will just have to wait and see, I would just nicely send emails but its very difficult situations here for the schools, as they dont know who is leaving and so how many spots they have in the established schools obviously yasmina is a new one so that will be easier, but they have the kids going into year 7 from pearl so that will definately be a problem year to find a spot for anyways. but i know people that have places at both bsak and yasmina and so will only be taking one of the spots, but will only release the other place at the last minute and that is how it works here unfortunately, things certainly change the first couple of weeks in september.

Nina2008 Jun 24th 2008 6:36 am

Re: Consultant Doctor Salaries Abu Dhabi

hi turkishbritish, u may want to call Al Yasmina's administrators just to make sure they rcvd yr email. I did that, and it worked (turned out I was using the wrong email address which was from their website btw)....also, the call was useful as i spoke to one of the key administrators and he was very personable, explained how there was a waitlist for Y6 (my daughter's yr), but told me he was interviewing an additional teacher in UK with excellent credentials and probably start a new class (and they did!)....all this was 2 - 3weeks ago...