Construction Jobs

Old Mar 31st 2008, 9:04 pm
Just Joined

bertlah is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Construction Jobs

Hi,
My family and i are keen to relocate, we have been looking at uk based web sites for construction jobs, but where wondering whether there are better web sites that we are not aware of. I am looking for Construction/Project Manager positions Cheers
Old Apr 1st 2008, 3:46 am
BE Forum Addict

Chris79 has a reputation beyond reputeChris79 has a reputation beyond reputeChris79 has a reputation beyond reputeChris79 has a reputation beyond reputeChris79 has a reputation beyond reputeChris79 has a reputation beyond reputeChris79 has a reputation beyond reputeChris79 has a reputation beyond reputeChris79 has a reputation beyond reputeChris79 has a reputation beyond reputeChris79 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Construction Jobs

Originally Posted by bertlah View Post
Hi,
My family and i are keen to relocate, we have been looking at uk based web sites for construction jobs, but where wondering whether there are better web sites that we are not aware of. I am looking for Construction/Project Manager positions Cheers
There are numerous work sites out here that would grab you with open arms depending on your experience etc. What background do you have?
Old Apr 1st 2008, 8:54 am
Just Joined

hiya Chris

my background is varied, i have experience in both commercial and new build works.
Old Apr 1st 2008, 10:26 am
BE Forum Addict

pauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Chris79 View Post
There are numerous work sites out here that would grab you with open arms depending on your experience etc. What background do you have?
I wouldn't have thought that construction jobs would have been that well paid for ex pats ? I suppose it depends how far up the chain you are
Old Apr 1st 2008, 11:09 am
BE Forum Addict

Chris79 has a reputation beyond reputeChris79 has a reputation beyond reputeChris79 has a reputation beyond reputeChris79 has a reputation beyond reputeChris79 has a reputation beyond reputeChris79 has a reputation beyond reputeChris79 has a reputation beyond reputeChris79 has a reputation beyond reputeChris79 has a reputation beyond reputeChris79 has a reputation beyond reputeChris79 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pauldxb View Post
I wouldn't have thought that construction jobs would have been that well paid for ex pats ? I suppose it depends how far up the chain you are
I'm a construction engineer at AD airport, the pay isn't that bad
Old Apr 1st 2008, 5:11 pm
Forum Regular

fsazhar is an unknown quantity at this point

Try OrionEngineer Services in UK, they work with Liang O rourke UAE
Old Apr 1st 2008, 5:57 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

wiki....it's got a honky huge list you could check out...
Old Apr 1st 2008, 6:53 pm
Forum Regular

TBird has much to be proud ofTBird has much to be proud ofTBird has much to be proud ofTBird has much to be proud ofTBird has much to be proud ofTBird has much to be proud ofTBird has much to be proud ofTBird has much to be proud ofTBird has much to be proud ofTBird has much to be proud ofTBird has much to be proud of
Smile Re: Construction Jobs

Hi,

We have been traveling the world with our kids and found that totaljobs.com to be the best place for construction jobs. You will have to nominate the location as 'rest of the world' otherwise will only allow you to view jobs in the UK
Old Apr 2nd 2008, 12:20 pm
Just Joined

oliver1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,
Hi Bertlah

I am a PM in fit out constrcution currently working on T1 AND T2 refurbs at Manchester airport. I have spent some time gearing up to make a move to dubai. I fly out in 2 weeks time to meet up with a few people, look at schools, housing etc etc. I have spent many hours looking at web sites for jobs, life style some good, some bad but as yet not actually applied for anything. Try Jobtrack or hayes. They seem pretty good with plenty of vacancies advertised. Keep me posted on any sites you may find. This site i have found is the best for down to earth information. Good luck

Oliver1
Old Apr 2nd 2008, 1:16 pm
Forum Regular

twistopher is a glorious beacon of lighttwistopher is a glorious beacon of lighttwistopher is a glorious beacon of lighttwistopher is a glorious beacon of lighttwistopher is a glorious beacon of lighttwistopher is a glorious beacon of lighttwistopher is a glorious beacon of lighttwistopher is a glorious beacon of lighttwistopher is a glorious beacon of lighttwistopher is a glorious beacon of lighttwistopher is a glorious beacon of light

Guys,
If you're interested in Dubai, Murray & Roberts have recently won a lot of high value work, and are about to be awarded the new Dubai Terminal works. Send them your CV and see what comes of it. they are v. keen on new staff and will probably snap you up.
Good luck
Old Apr 2nd 2008, 1:23 pm
Just Joined

oliver1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by twistopher View Post
Guys,
If you're interested in Dubai, Murray & Roberts have recently won a lot of high value work, and are about to be awarded the new Dubai Terminal works. Send them your CV and see what comes of it. they are v. keen on new staff and will probably snap you up.
Good luck
Twistopher,

Hi, I assume Murray & Roberts are the SA engineering firm. Might be worth a try.

Thanks

Oliver1
Old Apr 2nd 2008, 5:21 pm
Just Joined

hey

Thanks for all the info, i'll keep you informed of my progress.

Bertlah
Old Apr 2nd 2008, 8:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

Tintsexpert has much to be proud ofTintsexpert has much to be proud ofTintsexpert has much to be proud ofTintsexpert has much to be proud ofTintsexpert has much to be proud ofTintsexpert has much to be proud ofTintsexpert has much to be proud ofTintsexpert has much to be proud ofTintsexpert has much to be proud ofTintsexpert has much to be proud ofTintsexpert has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Bob View Post
wiki....it's got a honky huge list you could check out...
Have you got a link to the jobs on wiki?
I cant seem to find any!!!!!!!!!
Or is it me being thick???
regards
Tim
Old Apr 2nd 2008, 9:28 pm
what 2 do 2 get 4 stars?

Location: Originally Cornwall, 12 years in the Middle East, NSW now
sinderelle is a glorious beacon of lightsinderelle is a glorious beacon of lightsinderelle is a glorious beacon of lightsinderelle is a glorious beacon of lightsinderelle is a glorious beacon of lightsinderelle is a glorious beacon of lightsinderelle is a glorious beacon of lightsinderelle is a glorious beacon of lightsinderelle is a glorious beacon of lightsinderelle is a glorious beacon of lightsinderelle is a glorious beacon of light

Have you tried

www.careersinconstruction.com ?

Hubby gets an email every week of new positions, loads in the ME

Old Apr 3rd 2008, 5:29 am
Forum Regular

twistopher is a glorious beacon of lighttwistopher is a glorious beacon of lighttwistopher is a glorious beacon of lighttwistopher is a glorious beacon of lighttwistopher is a glorious beacon of lighttwistopher is a glorious beacon of lighttwistopher is a glorious beacon of lighttwistopher is a glorious beacon of lighttwistopher is a glorious beacon of lighttwistopher is a glorious beacon of lighttwistopher is a glorious beacon of light

Bertlah and Oliver1 - you have Private Messages.
Hope it helps