Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Considering an offer - opitnions

Considering an offer - opitnions

Old Oct 19th 2009, 11:16 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Considering an offer - opitnions

Originally Posted by klaus3974
I do not want to blast you for your comments but I always find AD very boring. I guess depends on life style. My friends from AD often comes for long weekends to Dubai. I could not think of the opposite happening. Probably AD will get much better in a few years with all the museums and all that...

Car service depends on car type (Japanese every 5K, most Europeans every 10-15K) and specifications (Gulf specifications last longer).
You are right. There isn't much in AD at all, and yes I too visit Dubai for the odd long weekend and apart from locals no-one in Dubai will come to AD.

That said, I prefer to have the option of Dubai, rather than it being compulsory.

Thinking about leasing... are their mileage caps? I have never leased so don't know.
Old Oct 19th 2009, 12:07 pm
Forum Regular

sg800 will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Considering an offer - opitnions

Originally Posted by Mullet
Hi all,

I've been made an offer of 35k AED per month for a PQS role in AD although I'm looking to increase this to 40k. This salary will have to pay for everything as no allowances are being offered.

I would be looking to live in Marina/JBR with my wife and young daughter (7months) and commute to work in AD.

I anticipate spending 17k - 20k AED a month on rent (assuming 120k a year for 2bd apt), car and other essentials. This would leave 15k - 20k a month top spend on holidays/eating out/saving etc.

Are the above budgets feasible or am I living in a dream world? All opinions (however harsh) welcome!
Hi mate,

I work in recruitment, for a PQS role 35k/40k is good going as not many PQS's are hiring at present. It is also doable and should be comfortable from a living perspective, which I think other people on here have pretty much confirmed. Best of luck with the move and if you need any impartial advice on the offer etc feel free to get in touch