Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Considering importing my car to Qatar from KSA

Considering importing my car to Qatar from KSA

Old Jul 2nd 2012, 7:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

MaserMan is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Considering importing my car to Qatar from KSA

Have searched around the forum and know about the 5% import tax, but is there anything else other than shipping?

Will be moving to Doha from KSA in mid August and am now considering taking the car with me if I cannot sell it here in Riyadh. The other thing that occurs to me is that the car will be under a year old, would that have any impact?
Old Jul 5th 2012, 6:48 am
BE Enthusiast

Default Re: Considering importing my car to Qatar from KSA

No replies! Not even "use search"
Old Jul 5th 2012, 6:57 am
BE Forum Addict

co durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond repute

Try Britexpat 76 , he's the trade here in Qatar , if anyone knows the answer it will be him .
Old Jul 5th 2012, 6:59 am
BE Enthusiast

Thanks, knew there was somebody but couldn't remember who.
Old Jul 5th 2012, 8:26 am
Shark Fisherman

britexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MaserMan
Have searched around the forum and know about the 5% import tax, but is there anything else other than shipping?

Will be moving to Doha from KSA in mid August and am now considering taking the car with me if I cannot sell it here in Riyadh. The other thing that occurs to me is that the car will be under a year old, would that have any impact?
You can use a shipping agent in KSA that will take care of everything for you and they don't charge much to do it. They will arrange the Export Plates, insurance and import tax. You just collect it from wherever they drop it. What is your Visa status in Doha as it will need to be registered to a company or individual.
Old Jul 5th 2012, 8:50 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by britexpat76
You can use a shipping agent in KSA that will take care of everything for you and they don't charge much to do it. They will arrange the Export Plates, insurance and import tax. You just collect it from wherever they drop it. What is your Visa status in Doha as it will need to be registered to a company or individual.
Will be coming in on a business visa then the company will start the application for the RP on my arrival. Does this mean I would have to wait until I get the RP?

Any shipping agent you could recommend?
Old Jul 5th 2012, 9:04 am
Shark Fisherman

britexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MaserMan
Will be coming in on a business visa then the company will start the application for the RP on my arrival. Does this mean I would have to wait until I get the RP?

Any shipping agent you could recommend?
To be in your name you will have to wait until your Visa, but your company could do it if you asked someone there. Just costs QR200 to change it back to your name after. I would google agents, I never get involved with shipping I buy cars at a price delivered to Doha, but there will be a lot of them on google.
Old Jul 5th 2012, 9:29 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by britexpat76
To be in your name you will have to wait until your Visa, but your company could do it if you asked someone there. Just costs QR200 to change it back to your name after. I would google agents, I never get involved with shipping I buy cars at a price delivered to Doha, but there will be a lot of them on google.
Thanks.
Old Jul 5th 2012, 9:48 am
BE Forum Addict

flares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond repute

What car? I may be looking to procure some wheels in Riyadh in the not so distant.
Old Jul 5th 2012, 11:48 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by saudiflares
What car? I may be looking to procure some wheels in Riyadh in the not so distant.
Details below, if somebody can tell me how to post a pic you can see the car as well.

2011 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited 70th Anniversary Edition

Has done15,600 km and has a 4 speed automatic transmission.

EXTERIOR:
18 inch aluminium wheels including full size spare. Colour is Bronze Star Pearl. Has the 3 piece removable top (Freedom top) including full soft top (unused and still in box). Jeep “70th Anniversary Edition” badge. Power heated mirrors, fog lamps, rear window demister, side steps and Mopar brushed-aluminium sill plates.

INTERIOR:
Has Dark Olive bucket seats with perforated leather inserts and Chestnut accent stitching and piping, embossed Jeep logo on the headrest as well as 70th anniversary emblem, leather wrapped steering wheel with mounted audio controls. Also has satin chrome/ leather shift knob. Touchscreen media centre has a radio/CD, sat nav, and Bluetooth equipped audio system with infiniti speakers & subwoofer, USB port for Ipod, hard-drive, Uconnect hands free phone with voice command, power windows, heated front seats and aircon.

PRICE:
Asking price is 112,000 SAR or transfer of lease with a monthly payment of approx. 2,500 SAR
Old Jul 7th 2012, 12:34 pm
Just Joined

BenAdwan is an unknown quantity at this point

I have travelled to all the 6 countries in the same car in one week.. no body ever asked me for a tax..
It might be different for you, cause you're in a visa.. I am not sure about that

Worest case secnario.. 5% tax.. and that is it! But if you have ever paid tax for it in saudi, you're expelled from paying taxes again in any GCC country..
for example, when you go to qatar now, and pay 5% tax, don't expect to pay tax again when you go to UAE or kuwait.. its just one time in any one of the GCC

Last edited by BenAdwan; Jul 7th 2012 at 12:40 pm.