Consequences...

Old Feb 8th 2010, 3:11 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Consequences...

Originally Posted by Eva
Buggered if I know how muppet can be construed as offensive- fluffy banter is what it is.
I can understand how gimp can be seen in same lighthearted way among guys but when I call someone a gimp I mean to insult him, demean him and bring him down......

I have the mask if you are willing to inslut me and cane my ass

Last edited by Millhouse; Feb 8th 2010 at 3:13 pm.
Old Feb 8th 2010, 3:12 pm
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spart
No - its meant to point out to the person that they have done something daft, and that they should have known better.

Its not aggressive, nor demeaning.
And so say all of us, so lets bring this to a close now. All parties have said their bit, and I certanly do not want to give Wales4Ever the impression that we are unwelcoming to new members. I think this is more a case of crossed wires.

Thanks
Old Feb 8th 2010, 3:13 pm
Eva
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Eva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by EmiratesMillhouse
I have the mask if you are willing to inslut me and cain my ass
Beaker,beaker beaker!Have a pork chop too you ugly frog!
Old Feb 8th 2010, 3:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

Jeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by EmiratesMillhouse
I think it's one of these things that is more offensive when written down. I'm sure the word muppet said to your face would barely register.

A bit like if some called faggot in my direction I'd probably just answer to it, but if I saw Millhouse is a Faggot written down, then I would contest the point...
I don't think even muppet written down is bad.

They only way it could possibly be insulting is if you heard it said about you behind your back.
Old Feb 8th 2010, 3:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

spart has much to be proud ofspart has much to be proud ofspart has much to be proud ofspart has much to be proud ofspart has much to be proud ofspart has much to be proud ofspart has much to be proud ofspart has much to be proud ofspart has much to be proud ofspart has much to be proud ofspart has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Wales4Ever
Where in these words does it explain the presence of a false statement, I am one of 3 persons who did not notice these two lines as a notification that it was a hoax and so carried on discussing the subject.
Maybe in the introduction? "...creating the misleading impression that the hybrid version reflected a speech given by Australian prime minister John Howard.."

Yet spart choose to directly attack me on the issue and insult me, I could retort with a number insults in more than 5 languages but I am above such actions...
Well, arent we clever..

I am sure that spart is a nice enough person and is maybe just having a bad day, however he still needs to show a little control, responsibility and respect as he would expect from others in return...
Responsibility eh? How about not perpetuating Internet rumours that are false, and carrying on about after it has been pointed out to be false?
Old Feb 8th 2010, 3:16 pm
Token Scandinavian Bloke

norsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond repute

muppet is a friendly comment i think. not very insulting at all really...

i have a lot of NZ and OZ friends in the UK and they use the word c.nut all the time. i was kind of shocked in the beginning as it is a really bad word, but after a while you get used being called c.nut now and again. as long as it is said in a friendly way i think you need to keep it calm...

by the way...you're all a bunch of muppets for taking this thread completely off-topic
Old Feb 8th 2010, 3:18 pm
Just Joined

Wales4Ever is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Jeeper
Are you for real????
Yes I am

Oh petal, please calm down.

As several other posters have said, its meant as a slightly patronising slap on the wrist. Its not offensive, and its meant to imply that you have done something daft.
Petal??? What are you a faggot?

As for doing something daft, who made you the say all end all huh?

Sue, all it shows me is that many of the posters in this thread really have very little respect for one another, if that's the rule to play by here then fine, I can play that game too...
Old Feb 8th 2010, 3:20 pm
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute

... and so to bed this thread goes.

We are just going around in circles.

Peace to one and all