confused and need guidance

confused and need guidance

Old Apr 1st 2014, 8:49 am
Just Joined

Titch1644 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default confused and need guidance

i have just foudn this forum

i will make my introductions in the correct forum shortly

i have just had the similar call to most, recruitment looking at my cv offering me a job

senior systems engineer

Package:

40K GBP base (Tax Free) probably more depending on how you interview
Allowances for accommodation
Car can be provided up to the discretion of the PM, if not provided drivers or car pool is used.
Flights (equivalent to 4 flights a year in allowances)
3 months free accommodation upon arrival in fully furnished apartments
Relocation of personal good via shipping container if needed
Medical insurance
Flights provided for start and end of term
Cellphone
Laptop
On going training

i have just said i want 45 to 50K Sterling on top of all that.

that works out around 275AED + a yr

now i have a family at home i will need to support and flights in the summer to pay for when they visit.

the familiar question is should i ask for more? whats the average salary with this kind of package ?

i've downloaded the spreadsheet and got confused, having another go now.

thanks
Old Apr 1st 2014, 10:03 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

busybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: confused and need guidance

what you have been offered seems very very good.
Old Apr 1st 2014, 11:06 am
BE Enthusiast

Millsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond repute

I can't see that you've put which country the offer's come from?
Old Apr 1st 2014, 11:20 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

AED mentioned so assume UAE, but Dubai, Abu Dhabi or elsewhere? Costs and other things vary.

The salary will be paid to you free of income tax, but that doesn't mean you won't be liable to any UK income tax. That depends on when you leave the UK, when you return and how long you spend there in the interim.

'Allowances for accommodation' - what does that mean? AED 50k is rubbish, but AED 150k would be okay.
Old Apr 1st 2014, 11:35 am
Just Joined

sorry to confuse you know

the allowance has not been quoted yet

its Abu Dhabi itself where the contract is hopefully going to happen

but where are the expat communities for a single married man away from home ?
Old Apr 1st 2014, 11:44 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

It's mandatory that companies provide medical cover for staff on an AD visa so don't think they are being generous there.

You do realise that over 80% of AD residents are expats? Or do you want to know where the Brits are?

The amount of the housing allowance is very important. AED 22,900 per month isn't great if you have to pay for most of your accommodation costs as that's very expensive in the UAE generally and specifically in AD.

Take note of what I said regarding tax. If you have family and a property in the UK, you will be very limited regarding the days you can spend there.

http://financialuae.me/2013/02/12/in...esidency-test/
Old Apr 1st 2014, 12:14 pm
Just Joined

just queried the allowance

Could be between 6,000 – 8,000 AED / month

was the reply

looking into uk link now, but i have a while yet all the interview etc etc
Old Apr 1st 2014, 1:12 pm
womble

OriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond repute

your salary will depend on your experience, and more importantly your industry.

in the O&G industry (which is mine), with a major IOC, your basic salary would be ok for someone with 5 years experience, but with 20 years experience, I would personally expect 2-3 times more.
Old Apr 1st 2014, 3:57 pm
Just Joined

This is some of the Blurb

The end to end turnkey system incorporates state-of-the-art technology for detection, identification and interception for enhanced protection of critical assets, safe city, border, and others

ive been in inteligent transport sector for 12yrs+ with communications and enforcement.
project manager/engineer with health and safety qualifications to mention some.

thing that worries me atm is the whole residency in the UK for tax purposes.

no point coming out for money if its not tax free
Old Apr 2nd 2014, 5:43 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Titch1644
This is some of the Blurb

The end to end turnkey system incorporates state-of-the-art technology for detection, identification and interception for enhanced protection of critical assets, safe city, border, and others

ive been in inteligent transport sector for 12yrs+ with communications and enforcement.
project manager/engineer with health and safety qualifications to mention some.

thing that worries me atm is the whole residency in the UK for tax purposes.

no point coming out for money if its not tax free
good job you aren't applying to be an English Teacher ...
Old Apr 2nd 2014, 5:48 pm
womble

OriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond repute

can't help you about the tax free part - I've been out of UK since 1996....

salary seems a little low for experience / sector, but only you can judge if it is competitive as it's not a sector I know so much about