British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Middle East (https://britishexpats.com/forum/middle-east-60/)
-   -   Confidential Doctors (https://britishexpats.com/forum/middle-east-60/confidential-doctors-598290/)

sawilson Mar 18th 2009 6:28 am

Confidential Doctors

Hi all

My brothers partner is due to visit the docs in Dubai due to a problem with irregular periods, we are unsure of the cause but have ruled out pregnancy due to numerous tests.

Is it safe for her to go to the docs and announce she is having sex whilst being unmarried?

We have heard so many stories and really need some advice please help??!!

lionheart Mar 18th 2009 6:58 am

Re: Confidential Doctors

Originally Posted by sawilson (Post 7391961)
Hi all

My brothers partner is due to visit the docs in Dubai due to a problem with irregular periods, we are unsure of the cause but have ruled out pregnancy due to numerous tests.

Is it safe for her to go to the docs and announce she is having sex whilst being unmarried?

Can't she just tell a little white lie? The doctor is hardly going to ask for her marriage certificate.

sawilson Mar 18th 2009 7:01 am

Maybe, but she is also having some problems after sex which she wanted to discuss with the doctors

MataHari Mar 18th 2009 7:04 am

Originally Posted by sawilson (Post 7392063)
Maybe, but she is also having some problems after sex which she wanted to discuss with the doctors

you're not having sex with her are you...cause that would be very naughty

Hello.Kitty Mar 18th 2009 7:12 am

Originally Posted by sawilson (Post 7392063)

I'm sure it'll be fine. I'm currently having antenatal appointments and not once have they asked for proof of marriage (although I am married and hubby has come along to some of them).

I think a lot is "assumed" here. If she wants to make sure they interpret her relationship in the way that she wants, I'd suggest wearing a ring on her wedding finger... if she refers to her partner, just use his first name or "husband".

sawilson Mar 18th 2009 7:17 am

Not funny MartaHari!!!
:thumbdown:

sawilson Mar 18th 2009 7:28 am

Does anyone if you can get deported for unmarried sex??

MataHari Mar 18th 2009 7:33 am

Originally Posted by sawilson (Post 7392131)

only if you get found out...

Hello.Kitty Mar 18th 2009 7:41 am

Originally Posted by sawilson (Post 7392131)

seriously though, she should get checked out, cos it could be something serious.

I'm sure if she goes in with a confident attitude (as in not looking a bit guilty or worried that "there'll be consequences") then the doc won't even bat an eyelid. Depending on what the doc says or what the ensuing test results are, she may want to consider getting treated back whereever she calls home, but that's another issue.

MataHari Mar 18th 2009 7:44 am

Originally Posted by Hello.Kitty (Post 7392148)
seriously though, she should get checked out, cos it could be something serious.

I'm sure if she goes in with a confident attitude (as in not looking a bit guilty or worried that "there'll be consequences") then the doc won't even bat an eyelid. Depending on what the doc says or what the ensuing test results are, she may want to consider getting treated back whereever she calls home, but that's another issue.

or to be completely safe, she could phone up first and find out straight from the horses mouth so to speak...I am sure most doctors don't give a toss but there might be some around that do ask questions...

Hello.Kitty Mar 18th 2009 7:51 am

Originally Posted by MataHari (Post 7392157)
or to be completely safe, she could phone up first and find out straight from the horses mouth so to speak...I am sure most doctors don't give a toss but there might be some around that do ask questions...

yeah, so basically, what she shouldn't do is not get checked out for fear of being found out!

Ronnie Biggs Mar 18th 2009 7:53 am

Originally Posted by Hello.Kitty (Post 7392176)
yeah, so basically, what she shouldn't do is not get checked out for fear of being found out!

Just go to a British doctor.....

Roadking Mar 18th 2009 8:11 am

She should just go.. If the Doc asks if she's married, just ask if he is proposing. That should shut him up!

Or, give up sex. :blink:

Grace O Malley Mar 18th 2009 8:13 am

Originally Posted by Hello.Kitty (Post 7392148)

Absolutely yr friend has to get it checked, it could be nothing or at the worst cervical cancer which can be treated very efficiently if caught early.

If the doctor asks if she is married, she should just say yes... I don't think it will be problem as Kitty says.

Spugsy Mar 18th 2009 8:33 am

Originally Posted by sawilson (Post 7391961)
Hi all

the hospitals won't tell the authorities.