Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Computer sellers in Dubai (for business)

Computer sellers in Dubai (for business)

Old Dec 12th 2007, 6:12 am
Gold-Helmeted Member

captainflack has a reputation beyond reputecaptainflack has a reputation beyond reputecaptainflack has a reputation beyond reputecaptainflack has a reputation beyond reputecaptainflack has a reputation beyond reputecaptainflack has a reputation beyond reputecaptainflack has a reputation beyond reputecaptainflack has a reputation beyond reputecaptainflack has a reputation beyond reputecaptainflack has a reputation beyond reputecaptainflack has a reputation beyond repute
Default Computer sellers in Dubai (for business)

My first new thread so please be gentle.

I am looking for a reliable place that sells computers for businesses. I run a small company and need to get PCs from time to time, but have found doing this in Dubai is a nightmare. Most PCs come pre-installed with XP Home or Vista Home so we need to pay for upgrades to install ourselves.

In the UK we go to the Dell web site, pick what we need and a week or two later it turns up, all properly configured and with XP Pro or Vista Business pre-installed.

So far in Dubai i have used Computerme (MoE) which I found is crap if something goes wrong. They took a keyboard back for a month only to tell me it couldn't be fixed but they would not refund me, I had to pick something else. Eventually I got my money back by creating a bit of a scene and they were worried I was putting off other customers.

I then used Royal Focus in the Computer Plaza place in Bur Dubai, but they were total shysters. I ordered a server with two hard drives, came with one. Eventually they got my another drive but not the cradle to mount it with. The wanted to charge me extra for that piece. I also saw a few months back they got done by Microsoft for selling pirated software (although mine is legit). Definitely won't go back there again.

My gut feeling is I'd be better of going to Carrefour and just installing Vista Business myself. At least I feel their customer service is pretty good when things go wrong - I bought a tent once and the zip broke, took it back and they refunded it no quibbling. Such customer service is rare in Dubai.

Unless anyone else can recommend a better place? The key factor is really how they deal with things going wrong and my experience is that local companies' support and customer service is useless and there is zero consumer protection law. So I kinda trust the big european companies like Carrefour more in this respect but they don't always have exactly what I need.
Old Dec 12th 2007, 6:50 am
Banned

Dubai_Chick has a reputation beyond reputeDubai_Chick has a reputation beyond reputeDubai_Chick has a reputation beyond reputeDubai_Chick has a reputation beyond reputeDubai_Chick has a reputation beyond reputeDubai_Chick has a reputation beyond reputeDubai_Chick has a reputation beyond reputeDubai_Chick has a reputation beyond reputeDubai_Chick has a reputation beyond reputeDubai_Chick has a reputation beyond reputeDubai_Chick has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Computer sellers in Dubai (for business)

You could try www.emiratescomputers.ae
No idea about the levels of customer service that they offer