Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Compounds in Riyadh, KSA

Compounds in Riyadh, KSA

Old Jul 25th 2010, 3:13 pm
noobie

Mummyv is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Compounds in Riyadh, KSA

Any body heard of Khozama II compound in Riyadh? I cant find much on the internet! This is where we will be spending a few years and I just want to have a looksie before I go.
Old Jul 30th 2010, 8:31 pm
noobie

Default Re: Compounds in Riyadh, KSA

bump
Old Jul 31st 2010, 6:32 am
Forum Regular

thecentennial is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Mummyv
bump
No, never heard of it - maybe some long timers may have. Do you know which area of Riyadh it is in?
Old Jul 31st 2010, 7:29 am
Not an evil hypnotist

typical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond repute

Me neither - I think there's a "Khozama Compound" out west of the city, in the vague direction of the DQ, but I don't know of "Khozama II".
Old Jul 31st 2010, 7:57 am
BE Forum Addict

coffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond repute

Never heard of it also, as my Learnered fiend say's which area of the city is it then maybe we could help you more.
Some compounds have been closed down for Maint, i know of at least 3.
Maybe it may be one of those but reopened under new management.
Old Jul 31st 2010, 9:17 am
noobie

Thats the one, right next to Khozama compound across road from the DQ. I have found it on google earth but that took some doing. Managed by Palm Estates, south west of centre.. That's all I know!
Old Jul 31st 2010, 9:49 am
BE Forum Addict

coffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond repute

Maybe it could be this one.
Since i have not heard from this one
Palm Compound
Telephones 482 9093
Now this was one of the three that has been closed for a while now undergoing maint.
Old Jul 31st 2010, 9:52 am
noobie

If it has been closed for maintenance that would explain why there are 20 villas up for grabs!
Old Jul 31st 2010, 9:53 am
noobie

http://www.alkhozamapalace.com/profile.html

I think this is the place?
Old Jul 31st 2010, 9:56 am
BE Forum Addict

emmm yes could be . have you had a look at this one yet???
Old Aug 1st 2010, 9:56 pm
Just Joined

Billy1000 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,
I have just got into Riyadh to work. I am currently staying at the Novotel, but I need to bring my wife and children over from the uk. I have looked into the Compounds, and they seem ideal. The likes of Arizona, Kingdom, Al-Hamra, etc I am informed are amongst the best.

However, I have tried them and about 8 others. ALL of them are full, and have waiting lists over 12 months long, and those lists are closed, so you cant get on them.

I was hoping to bring my family over next month, but I just cant get into a compound.

Does anyone know how I can somehow influence these compounds into letting me in as a residence. I am told that they do have availability, but will only give it to those that have been put forward by people of influence.

Anyway, can anyone offer ANY help to my situation. All I want to do is get a safe, environment in a good compound, for me and my family whilst I am in Riyadh.

I would be greatful for some help please

Billy.
Old Aug 2nd 2010, 5:36 am
BE Forum Addict

I have said many times before.
When you do telephone the compounds up YES they will say sorry we are full and the waiting list is full / closed.
Now when you can get out and about with a tight wad of cash in your hand.
Out here Money talks bigggggg time ok.
YOU are going to get out, A compound place will rarely turn up out of the blue.
Old Aug 2nd 2010, 6:24 am
Just Joined

Billy1000 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,
Thank you for such a prompt reply. Like I said I am a little new here. So, assuming that every compound will tell me over phone or email that they have nothing, and they are fullm and they have a mssive waiting list.

Then, can you just help me with my next steps, I just need to clarify these please. Should I then
1) Arrange a meeting to view the compound, ie calling the same people and asking them if I could view it. Then when I am there, say I am ready to move in, I have money available immediately, and ask them what they want?

or

2) Just tuen up at the compound, ask to see reception (If they will let me in) and then do the same as above, ie tell them I have the money and can move in now.

or

3) Turn up again un-announced, see reception, tell them I need a villla asap, I have cash wait, then pull a wad out of my pocket, and ask them if I could leave them with an advance payment in the hope they will facilitate getting me into a villa that very week.

or something totally different?

Sorry, I just need to get this right, as if I go and screw this up, they may never entertain me. Again, any help is greatly appreciated, and thanks for the advice so far.
Billy.
Old Aug 2nd 2010, 7:17 am
Forum Regular

thecentennial is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Billy1000
Hi,
Thank you for such a prompt reply. Like I said I am a little new here. So, assuming that every compound will tell me over phone or email that they have nothing, and they are fullm and they have a mssive waiting list.

Then, can you just help me with my next steps, I just need to clarify these please. Should I then
1) Arrange a meeting to view the compound, ie calling the same people and asking them if I could view it. Then when I am there, say I am ready to move in, I have money available immediately, and ask them what they want?

or

2) Just tuen up at the compound, ask to see reception (If they will let me in) and then do the same as above, ie tell them I have the money and can move in now.

or

3) Turn up again un-announced, see reception, tell them I need a villla asap, I have cash wait, then pull a wad out of my pocket, and ask them if I could leave them with an advance payment in the hope they will facilitate getting me into a villa that very week.

or something totally different?

Sorry, I just need to get this right, as if I go and screw this up, they may never entertain me. Again, any help is greatly appreciated, and thanks for the advice so far.
Billy.
Fair enough question - I too would like to know the best approach to "pay the administration fee".
Old Aug 2nd 2010, 7:37 am
BE Forum Addict

I think option 1 is your best bet.
Just make sure you have your Iquama as well.
Most compound managers will not see you unless you have a iquama,
I think Sedar Village is one of the few that will see you.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.