Reload this Page >

Commuting between Abu Dhabi & Dubai

Commuting between Abu Dhabi & Dubai

Old Mar 6th 2006, 7:54 am
Just Joined

Emec is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Commuting between Abu Dhabi & Dubai

Hi all,

I have recently been offered a job in Dubai (located at Wafi City). yay, but the problem is that my husband is working in Abu Dhabi, so we will probably be living there. my questions are:

1. Is there somewhere in the middle to rent?
2. What is the average time taken to travel from the outskirts of Abu Dhabi to Dubai? Is this feasable to do on a daily basis?

On another matter, is it best to go to UAE on my husband's visa as a spouse or to get my new employer to sponser me separately.

Thanks

El
Old Mar 6th 2006, 8:15 am
Powered by cows

Autonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Commuting between Abu Dhabi & Dubai

Originally Posted by Emec
Hi all,

I have recently been offered a job in Dubai (located at Wafi City). yay, but the problem is that my husband is working in Abu Dhabi, so we will probably be living there. my questions are:

1. Is there somewhere in the middle to rent?
2. What is the average time taken to travel from the outskirts of Abu Dhabi to Dubai? Is this feasable to do on a daily basis?

On another matter, is it best to go to UAE on my husband's visa as a spouse or to get my new employer to sponser me separately.

Thanks

El
I guess you could stay on the farside of dubai - the gardens, greens, lakes, springs (depending on your budget) or something like that... not quite halfway - but it's all sand and not much else other than that!

Wafi is pretty central Dubai and I would strongly advise not to commute everyday from A.D. to Wafi.... commute time.... not sure but in rush hour I'd have to guess at no less than 2 hours each way.

Anyone else advise?

With it may not matter too much, we decided to have seperate visas in case I were to lose my job one of us would still have a visa, but that looks less likely to be a problem these days...

Good luck...

Auto.
Old Mar 6th 2006, 9:01 am
BE Enthusiast

Border Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond repute

Better to be on your husband's sponsorship. That way if you want to change jobs it is simple and you don't have any problems with a 6 month ban. You might be able to haggle for a bit more money if the company doesn't have to go to the trouble of sponsorhip as well.
Old Mar 6th 2006, 2:49 pm
A Natural Blonde

Zannie has a reputation beyond reputeZannie has a reputation beyond reputeZannie has a reputation beyond reputeZannie has a reputation beyond reputeZannie has a reputation beyond reputeZannie has a reputation beyond reputeZannie has a reputation beyond reputeZannie has a reputation beyond reputeZannie has a reputation beyond reputeZannie has a reputation beyond reputeZannie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Autonomy
I guess you could stay on the farside of dubai - the gardens, greens, lakes, springs (depending on your budget) or something like that... not quite halfway - but it's all sand and not much else other than that!

Wafi is pretty central Dubai and I would strongly advise not to commute everyday from A.D. to Wafi.... commute time.... not sure but in rush hour I'd have to guess at no less than 2 hours each way.

Anyone else advise?

With it may not matter too much, we decided to have seperate visas in case I were to lose my job one of us would still have a visa, but that looks less likely to be a problem these days...

Good luck...

Auto.
I agree, commuting time from the "New Dubai" end to AD will be so much quicker than AD to Wafi. In fact it'll probably take each of you about the same time from here!!

It's about a 40-50 minute drive to AD, motorway all the way (120km max per hour) and the traffic will be much clearer, plus you'll have the advantage of living in Dubai and all it's amenities.

As Auto mentioned, you have lots great areas to live this end of town, we live in the Springs as my husband is based at Media City, which is very convenient also tou have the Meadows, Greens, Lakes, Jumeriah Islands, Marina, Jumeriah Beach Residence, Gardens, The Green Community (which is lovely btw!).

Zx
Old Mar 6th 2006, 11:19 pm
Just Joined

Emec is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Zannie
I agree, commuting time from the "New Dubai" end to AD will be so much quicker than AD to Wafi. In fact it'll probably take each of you about the same time from here!!

It's about a 40-50 minute drive to AD, motorway all the way (120km max per hour) and the traffic will be much clearer, plus you'll have the advantage of living in Dubai and all it's amenities.

As Auto mentioned, you have lots great areas to live this end of town, we live in the Springs as my husband is based at Media City, which is very convenient also tou have the Meadows, Greens, Lakes, Jumeriah Islands, Marina, Jumeriah Beach Residence, Gardens, The Green Community (which is lovely btw!).

Zx
Hi Z and others,

Thanks for the replies. I'm trying to organise things from here (Australia) and need to give an answer to my potential employer and I want to do this as soon as I can. Of course, it's hard when you're not there, that's why I appreciate replies from those on the ground.

I've tried to do a bit of google-ing to find approximate rental prices. I figure for now I would want a 1 bedroom unit to rent. Can anyone let me know of any good websites to search for rentla properties?

What is the price range weekly/monthly for renting a 1 bedroom unit in any of the listed suburbs/ estates in new Dubai.

Thanks heaps,

El
Old Mar 7th 2006, 2:42 am