Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Commute time from Dubai to AD

Commute time from Dubai to AD

Old Jun 14th 2008, 9:08 am
BE Forum Addict

arbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Commute time from Dubai to AD

i noticed an ethiad compound in KCA beside us at Al Raha gardens...was told yesterday that our place is now going for around 260+...its just crazy.

can someone clarify the rules for AD. i have a wee quandry....

we have been in our villa for 6 months. when the lease is due for renewal, they can only increase the rent by 5% correct?? so we are pretty safe for another year...

whereas, i may have the chance of a company house in mangrove BUT the company have just renewed the rent for the 2nd year at the 5% increase so it was approx 190K. Can the landlord next june demand the 300k plus that the rest of the mangroves are going for?

if so my company will defo nt pay it and we will be out on our arses...

so its al raha pretty safe for another 18 months

or mangrove with the potential that in 12 months the rent is going to be increased by 100K

can the landlord do this? what are the rules as im sure AD is different from DXB

busybee i just know you will have the answer

TIA
Old Jun 14th 2008, 11:01 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

busybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond repute

right the rules at the mo is increase of 5%, but they will bring in another rule at the end of the year and then who knows what it may be, it could be no increase or it could be market rates..! do you mean the white etihad villas up towards yasmina school, if its those then they are not accommodation, they are offices. the rules are different in ab dabs than dubai but whos to know what they may decide to do, i would say stick with raha gardens as they shouldnt be increased as much as mangrove, as mangrove has better facilities and a shop...! so in theory worth more! but nothing is safe here, as we know. We have been screwed twice now in 2 years, and other friends who are sitting pretty in their bigger detached houses for an half of the price. The thing is in a years time or even in 6 months time there will definately be more property available and so in theory the prices should be the same if not less (dont really believe less) but whose to say that next year we get so many more people come along.
Old Jun 18th 2008, 7:56 pm
Forum Regular

rocha27 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by busybee2
right the rules at the mo is increase of 5%, but they will bring in another rule at the end of the year and then who knows what it may be, it could be no increase or it could be market rates..! do you mean the white etihad villas up towards yasmina school, if its those then they are not accommodation, they are offices. the rules are different in ab dabs than dubai but whos to know what they may decide to do, i would say stick with raha gardens as they shouldnt be increased as much as mangrove, as mangrove has better facilities and a shop...! so in theory worth more! but nothing is safe here, as we know. We have been screwed twice now in 2 years, and other friends who are sitting pretty in their bigger detached houses for an half of the price. The thing is in a years time or even in 6 months time there will definately be more property available and so in theory the prices should be the same if not less (dont really believe less) but whose to say that next year we get so many more people come along.
I too am considering looking in Dubai, as the prices I've been given are unbearable in AD. Even for a 2 bedroom apt. It's a crazy world.

I have a co-worker who's driving every day from the Marina in Dubai to Al Raha and takes a little longer than me, coming out of AD.
Old Jun 18th 2008, 8:08 pm
Eva
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Eva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by arbroath_abroad
i noticed an ethiad compound in KCA beside us at Al Raha gardens...was told yesterday that our place is now going for around 260+...its just crazy.

can someone clarify the rules for AD. i have a wee quandry....

we have been in our villa for 6 months. when the lease is due for renewal, they can only increase the rent by 5% correct?? so we are pretty safe for another year...

whereas, i may have the chance of a company house in mangrove BUT the company have just renewed the rent for the 2nd year at the 5% increase so it was approx 190K. Can the landlord next june demand the 300k plus that the rest of the mangroves are going for?

if so my company will defo nt pay it and we will be out on our arses...

so its al raha pretty safe for another 18 months

or mangrove with the potential that in 12 months the rent is going to be increased by 100K

can the landlord do this? what are the rules as im sure AD is different from DXB

busybee i just know you will have the answer

TIA
AA
Ref Mangrove,during the third year and probably during 1st week of 6th month of third year,the Landlord of the designated(your)company house(s) will almost certainly give you notice to quit.Mangrove could easily fetch 290 now-that's starter/entry level.
Old Jun 19th 2008, 3:08 am
BE Forum Addict

arbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Eva
AA
Ref Mangrove,during the third year and probably during 1st week of 6th month of third year,the Landlord of the designated(your)company house(s) will almost certainly give you notice to quit.Mangrove could easily fetch 290 now-that's starter/entry level.
My thoughts Exactly Eva, think we shall play it safe in Al Raha. Not a hardship by any means as we love it here and i have the most wonderful of neighbours...
Old Jun 23rd 2008, 2:46 pm
Just Joined

fried.bread is an unknown quantity at this point

Anyone have views experience or likely timings for commute to Sweihan Mil City from either AD or Dub? I assume its about the same from either end but which is the easier journey, avoiding notorious accident black spots if possible.
Old Jun 23rd 2008, 8:16 pm
Forum Regular

TBird has much to be proud ofTBird has much to be proud ofTBird has much to be proud ofTBird has much to be proud ofTBird has much to be proud ofTBird has much to be proud ofTBird has much to be proud ofTBird has much to be proud ofTBird has much to be proud ofTBird has much to be proud ofTBird has much to be proud of

can I just give update...AA....can you beleive 3 bed at Al Raha now 280!!!! Am I allowed top swear on this site can't remember the rules but shit!!!
Old Jun 24th 2008, 6:28 am
Forum Regular

rocha27 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by TBird
can I just give update...AA....can you beleive 3 bed at Al Raha now 280!!!! Am I allowed top swear on this site can't remember the rules but shit!!!
Go ahead and swear TBird! Its a nightmare at the moment in AD. I can't find anything within a decent budget.
The rents seem to go up almost every day.