British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Middle East (https://britishexpats.com/forum/middle-east-60/)
-   -   Coming to Dubai for a week (https://britishexpats.com/forum/middle-east-60/coming-dubai-week-509574/)

Barrie Jan 27th 2008 8:53 pm

Coming to Dubai for a week

My wife daughter and myself are coming to Dubai on the 1st of Feb for 8 days. Main reasons for the trip are so they can get to see the place and also so I can hand out my CV to a few companies.

So that my wife and daughter get the most out of it, can I ask the good ladies on BE for any recommendations of the best places for me to take them to, to give them an overview of what life will be like when we finally do move out.

Also, as some of you might remember from my other posts, I am looking for work in the Oil & Gas industry. Any recommendations of particular areas where I will find the companies related to the Oil & Gas industry?

Any assistance is much appreciated.

Madam Medusa Jan 28th 2008 4:35 am

Re: Coming to Dubai for a week

barrie...give us some idea of what you are all into, how old your daughter is, etc etc then we can give you some proper advice on where to go...

MM, xx

Emerald_Eyes Jan 28th 2008 5:37 am

Hi Barrie,

Feel free to e-mail me your cv and I'll pass it on to HR for you. We're going through a group recruitment drive at the moment, although I'm not sure exactly which positions we're hiring for. I think I may have mentioned before that I work for Dragon Oil.

arbroath_abroad Jan 28th 2008 7:53 am

Barrie, what exactly do you do in the O&G industry?

That is my line of work also, but as you know it is a very varied field

Barrie Jan 28th 2008 8:05 am

Originally Posted by Emerald_Eyes (Post 5847522)
Hi Barrie,

Feel free to e-mail me your cv and I'll pass it on to HR for you. We're going through a group recruitment drive at the moment, although I'm not sure exactly which positions we're hiring for. I think I may have mentioned before that I work for Dragon Oil.

Hi Emerald,

No I didn't realise you worked for Dragon Oil. I have sent my Cv to them 2 or 3 times but never got a reply.

I will PM you for your e-mail address.

Cheers.

zamboooka Jan 28th 2008 8:06 am

haha

Emerald_Eyes Jan 28th 2008 8:07 am

Originally Posted by Barrie (Post 5847851)
Hi Emerald,

No I didn't realise you worked for Dragon Oil. I have sent my Cv to them 2 or 3 times but never got a reply.

I will PM you for your e-mail address.

Cheers.

Great. I will at least make sure you receive a reply.

arbroath_abroad Jan 28th 2008 8:10 am

Originally Posted by zamboooka (Post 5847855)
haha

???:D

zamboooka Jan 28th 2008 8:11 am

Originally Posted by arbroath_abroad (Post 5847871)
???:D

My bad man... wrong thread ;)

arbroath_abroad Jan 28th 2008 8:14 am

Originally Posted by zamboooka (Post 5847874)
My bad man... wrong thread ;)

hehe, thought so:D

Hazel L Jan 28th 2008 8:49 am

Hello everyone, I am new to the site aslo. I have been in Dubai 8 years however it feels like a new place to me as recently became a mother. I have 18month Son & am always interested in new play groups or playtimes/coffee mornings. We also have details of a couple of things in our area at Arabin Ranches if anyone would like to join us....

Paidtoplease Jan 28th 2008 8:52 am

Hello Hazel and welcome...sorry can't kelp re play groups etc, my new arrivals only warrant a visit to the Vets .....